It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Family’s Dog in Front of Kids, Force Dad to Cut Its Head Off Or Go To Jail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Ok, so the cop admitted to shooting the dog.

And he shot him sure he did.

How come the cop wasn't arrested?

Shooting a pet dog is animal abuse, people get thrown into jail for canine harassment.

Does this cop think he's above the law?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Does this cop think he's above the law?

What paradise planet are you from??

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Ever read To Kill a Mocking Bird?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I hope those cops are ready for a media war. The internet is about to rain down holy hell on them. The first wave (the biggest) won't last long, but a few dozen highly dedicated types will make that police department's life hell for months and months.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

No they wont, it will be forgotten in less than 2 days when it drops off the 'recent' tab.

If anything, the cop is going to be hassled by the fashion police, who even dresses like that?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Anyone have a legit news source reporting this?

All I find are FB and YT.

Looks like an amateur attempt at Reno911.

I am saving my outrage until I see a legit local story on this.

ETA: I just saw the actual head cutting video.......
Something is very odd with this whole thing.
Why are no local news stations covering this????
edit on 12 4 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: notsure1

I have only ever seen them take a dog in, if it has bitten someone. And then only if it was a stray. To make the owner cut it’s head off is unheard of. I’d say this fella is gonna be a milionaire.

Emotional stress and pain for sure... dog shot and ptsd of sawing a head off an animal he loved for no reason.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well that's enough internet for me for one day.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Really, you Americans are going slowly mad by eating Chinese contaminated food. I ain't bs you folks. Watch out for the MSG in the food.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: AMPTAH

Ever read To Kill a Mocking Bird?

Hmmmm interesting response, I'm curious why you used that book ? The lack of justice, loss of innocence, life isn't fair ?

I won't watch this video , just thinking about it causes me trauma. There is NO reason anyone could ever come up with that would justify this ! This was a power trip of the cruelest nature and unless this cop is swiftly and severely dealt with by his superiors, the perception of unnecessary police brutality is completely reasonable.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wow....

Unbelievable

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Really, you Americans are going slowly mad by eating Chinese contaminated food. I ain't bs you folks. Watch out for the MSG in the food.

There is no evidence to support your claim that MSG is dangerous.

There's more evidence to support the cop justifiably shooting this dog (none).
edit on 12/4/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: musicismagic

There is no evidence to support your claim that MSG is dangerous.

There's more evidence to support the cop justifiably shooting this dog (none).

Yeah I know, but I lived in Los Angeles and went to the Chinese joints in East LA and always felt buzzed and this was back in the late 70's. And having an Asian wife I got to meet a lot of high wheelers at that time. Easy money seems to have been the "sport" of the day.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

order me to kill my own dog , then i'll be killing you first

here is the sheriffs email for crawford county sheriffs department
[email protected]

let him and his department know you wont stand for their sick practices

edit on 4-12-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I can't wait to move out of Georgia. They have twice as many leos as Florida which has twice the population of Georgia.

They are all on a big ego trip-but look at their intelligent tests-they pay them squat and this is the quality of brain power at work. I say this with a lot of my family as deputy sheriffs and hwy patrol. And these guys fit right into that study.

There's so much dirty filthy politics "running" this state even at the local level that's it's hard to not shiver when you see a cop car. They've got those end of month quotas.

Just a warning-stay away from Georgia-and don't get me going on Atlanta-hell hole-but then again the violence and dirty political machinery keep it chugging along-beware-the underground sewers are falling in but those airport positions paying high bucks to councilmen/women's families are doing great.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Another retired LEO here. This officer's behavior was entirely out of line. As the dog's owner said, if the dog charged the cop and he had to defend himself "it is what it is." That part sucks, but he's right. The threshold required to shoot an animal (including someone's pet) is very low, and feeling threatened by it is usually all it takes. However, cutting the head off? I've never heard this one before. The officer mentioned GA law, so I would've challenged him to produce the statute or wording since he was apparently quoting from his oh-so-reliable memory.

Furthermore, as the gentleman says, he didn't even have a knife to accomplish the task if he wanted to. To be threatened with arrest if you refuse to decapitate something (especially your pet) is egregious. Thanks to this video, however, any current cases involving the unreasonable and clearly wrong officer may end up getting dismissed. How can you assume this LEO is fair, reasonable and knowledgeable when he makes such a large gaffe on camera?

Realistically, it appears the officer was simply angry at the man for using foul language and recording the interaction. I don't say this often, because the LEO is usually (not always) in the right. In this case, however, there isn't even a question. Unless Georgia Law specifically requires decapitation by the owner, then he's 100% in the wrong. Why not just discharge your weapon into it again if you want to ensure it is deceased?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Although I disagree with your claims that all LEOs are on an ego trip, I can't help but point out that officers like this jackass add to this belief.

It is an entirely untrue belief, but you can hardly blame people for feeling this way after seeing blatant and obvious abuses of authority. Especially committing battery against the man for simply refusing to decapitate the dog. If the cop would've at least been smart, he would have threatened to arrest him for "disturbing the peace" or "disorderly conduct" as opposed to the non-crime of refusing to decapitate something.

Any jury in this country that watches the video will now side with the dog's owner. That is just how things work. And it sucks for the vast majority of good LEOs out there who are just trying to make the best out of a #ty job and go home.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Okay so if the dog did bite the neighbour and it did charge at the police and they had to shoot it then damn right the owner should cut it's bloody head off! The owner is responsible for his dogs actions! He is responsible for taking care of it and keeping it under control!

So therefore he is also responsible for removing it's head... I'm sure if he asked the officers to wait he could pay a vet to come down and do it. Why should others have to fork out because of his dog?

I do also believe that the dog charged at them as he wasn't denying it when they talked about it on video.

I'm sure most responsible dog owners would see a change in their dog and know something is wrong long before anything happened and they would take it to the vets to have it checked out. The guy recording was an entitled, irresposible douche.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join