It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Family’s Dog in Front of Kids, Force Dad to Cut Its Head Off Or Go To Jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

I refrained from explicitly saying so, but a while ago I said I live in Hawaii.

No rabies.

Also no snakes. Supposedly.

I never got the urge to go to Hawaii. Too many people there, if I went, I would probably go out to see the sugar plantations or talk to the people who grow Pineapples. I hate tourist areas. I might go to a tuna factory to see how they do that too. My wife would not enjoy going where I would want to go. She would go out and drink Mai Tais. Then read a novel under an umbrella next to the motel pool all day long.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah. You don't want to come here. Trust me.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Yeah - the part he is leaving out is his dog bit the neighbor earlier before the police were called out.

On his Facebook page, when someone asked about the dog biting someone, he replied yes the neighbor. When they asked question as to the purpose the police were there and if it was related to the dog bite he decides to say he is done answering questions and that he already told his side of the story.

There is more to this than whats being reported by the person in the op.

Facebook page -
www.facebook.com...
edit on 3-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
WHAT.THE.PHUK.IS.WRONG.WITH.THIS.WORLD?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Is it SOP to make the owner cut the head off?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Is it SOP to make the owner cut the head off?

I am not familiar with GA law so no idea. The brain tissue would be needed for rabies testing.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The virus which is the cause of rabies lives in the brain and spinal cord of the infected animal.

Maybe there is a rabies outbreak?

Is it the responsibility of the owner to cut the head off? If it is, then the officer is in the right. That would raise the question of psychological disturbance though.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Obviously the cops are psychopaths down that way.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I do understand the reason but I find it unfathomable to force the owner to do it and threaten arrest..pets are family to me.

edit on 3-12-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I do understand the reason but I find it unfathomable to force the owner to do it and threaten arrest..pets are family to me.

You are preaching to the choir on pets being family. I was merely pointing out the police had a reason to be there that the guy left out of his initial account.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thanks for that; its a rather distressing topic, pays to read to the end of the thread before responding.
If the dog bit someone then fair enough.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I understand..I'm a bit bummed right now, not much more than an hour ago I was at a friends and their 9 year old Lab dropped to the floor and couldn't seem to do much with her back legs. They called the vet and they suggested she might of had a stroke, they were getting ready to bring her to an emergency vet so I left..just got the message she just died

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The police certainly had a reason to be there.

However their handling of the situation is 100% wrong.

Asking the owner to cut off the dogs head could expose the owner to rabies if the dog did in fact had rabies.

If they did indeed think the pooch had rabies they should of called animal control.

What they forced the owner to do is animal cruelty and pretty much akin to torture of the pet owner. He's gonna have to deal with a serious traumatic experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Jeezus..Can we also send the cops head in for testing???
Thats some pretty ^$^%#@ up behavior, especially for a person in LE
No way am I cutting my pets head off, definitely would've taken the ride.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I love Hawaii! Can't see such a serious guy living there! It is heaven!

Well, unfortunately, I live in HELL-Georgia!

You say no snakes? I'm on my way.

And may that cop burn in eternal hell!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I agree...

Rabies is spread through saliva or blood and usually thru a bite. The chances of contracting the disease thru other means is possible but extremely rare. Also dogs are not a primary carrier of the disease.

As I said I dont know GA law as to animal control procedures so I have no idea if its standard or not in that state for what occurred.

I am going to go out on a limb and say it is not. I do know the agencies I have worked for in 2 states had their own animal control officers and as such the laws were not even enforceable by police officers with the exception of a dog biting a person or animal at large (no leash and running wild). Even then we submitted our reports to the animal control officer for follow up and dispositions. As for dealing with the medical side that was restricted to the vets / medical doctors and not anyone else.
edit on 3-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Wow.. their gonna have to cut my head off before they try to make me cut off the dog's. Sickening..

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Nasty just nasty, as he says to the cop "you pussy I bet he came at you wagging his tail " . So the cop was so butthurt he assaults the poor guy as revenge for being called out for being the pussy that he clearly is.

What a f wit cop, and I bet the neighbor is also a grade a f wit.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well at least the kids now know what cops a really like and how serious the risks are when they are in proximity. Hopefully this will encourage the family to develop a proper survival game plan for future interactions.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Well at least the kids now know what cops a really like and how serious the risks are when they are in proximity. Hopefully this will encourage the family to develop a proper survival game plan for future interactions.

Those kids are tainted for life, most so are their friends and school buddies after they all watch the vid.

Really poor PR skills on display, cops really need to make friends with the public, painting big targets on their backs like what this douchebag has done make life worse for all involved.

This is the kind of crap that makes people hate cops, and they wonder why they have trouble finding new recruits..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join