It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF watch

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So I love my watches, I have quite a few, mostly g-shocks as I love the rugged look of them.
I have always wondered, what is the best shtf watch. Do we have different ones for different scenarios?
I thought automatics were always the right choice but I wonder if it is the best choice because they loose time over several days. Figure the standard I'm seeing online is a few seconds up to 15 seconds per day. Then I turn my mind to casios 10 year battery, though they tend to last longer.
What about ABC watches (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass), they usually say to use in conjunction with a known working tool. Is it just something else that can fail?
I also thought about atomic/solar watches, does it make sense, would transmitters still be up, I feel solar would be a less effective tool though I have never had one go below medium charge.
I think my choice would be something like this. It is solar, though it has world time, stopwatch/timer and alarms.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ha! That reminds me of the Ironman watches they used to sell in the late 80's and 90's.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

I had a Mario Brothers watch in grade school that was super cool. Little LCD Mario jumping over things and stuff. That's the one I'd like to have if the "SHTF".

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Who DIDN'T have one of these?

i.pinimg.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have an atomic watch. Pretty good quality. Sets itself.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I can honestly say that in a shtf environment the time would be the least of my concerns.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Spend enough time with nature and you won't need a watch.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have a baby ben I will carry around with me. I guess since I no longer wear a watch, I won't miss them. I also do not have a cell phone, how convenient, nobody will be able to find my position, well, maybe they just have to come to the house, that is where I will be.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

'If' the fecal matter does indeed mix w/the blades of a fan, I hope You make it out! Me? I have an elderly M-I-L and an elderly dog so I'm going to roll the dice around here.. If I do make it to the other side, I'm thinking 'time' will be the least of My frets...

Going to wear a watch in that scenario I'd also suggest switching it to 24hr. mode...

The more I look at that watch, the more it looks like that on the wrists of the Anunnaki, so You just might have something there...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Are you worried about being late for lunch during the zombie appocolypse?
What good is a watch going to do you?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You use a stock photo?
Really? Keep wishing.

edit on 12 3 17 by Tophat21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If the sun is out and you can tell the time,you can use it for a basic sense of direction.
I've done it with a digital watch as well...you just have to draw the actual clock in the dirt or the snow.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Can't you just use a compass?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The dingos ate my compass.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tophat21

why would I not? I don't own it so I can just pull it out of thin air

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Its just my thing, like some people would have a good pair of boots when my sneakers would work just fine. Everyone has their own thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

24 hr mode is a good idea

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Can't you just use a compass?

Or ask the only other GUY left. He was hiding in His Mother's basement during the attack. There is Him, those plastic bags from ChinaMart™ and BigBen hahaha

link   
a reply to: Tempter

I had several of them, good stuff

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

I thought about that, but what if the broadcasting stations in the us are gone, is it worth the extra money upfront?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join