It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my cute little ufos..awww...no really WHAT are these?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
Are there any good articles on Orbs? It seems this is a phenomenon unto itself or at least its own category.
I see no reason to rule out commercial aircraft for the objects in the OP video so it would seem strange to call those orbs. The OP even says "about the speed of an airplane at high altitude.. " which indeed appears to be the case. That hypothesis can be proven (or not) in the future by downloading an app to the smartphone which gives real-time information about commercial airplanes. If it's a military aircraft however it might not show up on the on the smartphone app.

The wikipedia article about orbs is pretty good, they can be any out-of-focus object, often dust as in this orbs photo:

Orb (Optics)

Some paranormal investigators have referred to orbs appearing in photographs from allegedly haunted locations as 'ghost orbs', 'spirit orbs' or 'angel orbs', and claim them as evidence of spirit presences representing the essence or soul of a departed person, in some cases claiming that orbs have appeared on command and may have images and faces visible within them when zoomed in.[8][9]

However, many paranormal investigators have agreed that orbs result from natural phenomena such as insects, dust, pollen, or water vapor.

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: thepixelpusher
Any I have seen in so called evidence for are out of focus lights and dust particles.
Those two are probably the most common, the "orb" lights are also referred to as bokeh, as you probably know but others may not:

edit on 20171218 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Nice Christmas tree lights - very festive!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Pretty sure OP story and the video is NOT out of focus lights. Did you even see the OP story and watch the video!?

Because Arbirageur seems clueless I'll repost the OP video for him to see.

Not out of focus dust specks or tree lights orbs.

Also the 2 orbs are way too close for commercial jetliners to be next to each other. Ruling out jetliners as an explanation.
edit on 18-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

The real problem is the camera is more focused on the foreground branches/leaves the object do look out of focus, data re the camera used would help confirm this along with approx distance to the foreground objects camera settings such as zoom would also help.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Not really. The camera is focused on infinity and she is far enough away from the leaves that it is also in focus. So the orbs are in focus too. But, you should direct a PM to the OP before you assume that. You can already see the clouds are in perfect focus too.
edit on 18-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Also the 2 orbs are way too close for commercial jetliners to be next to each other. Ruling out jetliners as an explanation.
How do you know they're too close to be jetliners?

You don't. You have no idea how far either one is from the camera, nor how far the objects are from each other. If you say you do, you're fooling yourself. There's not enough information in the video to determine distance except that they are apparently further away than the nearby leaves. Remember the video is a 2-D representation of 3-D space. Objects can look really close in such cases even if they aren't, but those don't even look close.

I think resolution is more of an issue than focus. That camera has a pretty good depth of field probably due to small aperture but there just aren't enough pixels to get detail on the object which can tend to make it look like an ill-defined dot instead of the true shape of the object as it would appear with higher magnification.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
I think resolution is more of an issue than focus. That camera has a pretty good depth of field probably due to small aperture but there just aren't enough pixels to get detail on the object which can tend to make it look like an ill-defined dot instead of the true shape of the object as it would appear with higher magnification.

Yeah, that's a problem. However, can we give at least a little weight to the description provided by the witness who actually saw these things with their own eyes?

I don't think they're commercial airliners. I see jets from my backyard all the time, and I've never seen any fly that slow. Next down on the possibilities after that would be balloons. They look like balloons. However... I've seen what could easily be dismissed as balloons do some strange stuff lately. Brilliant camouflage, perhaps.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
However, can we give at least a little weight to the description provided by the witness who actually saw these things with their own eyes?

I don't think they're commercial airliners. I see jets from my backyard all the time, and I've never seen any fly that slow.
You mean the witness who said ""about the speed of an airplane at high altitude..."?

You can't determine speed if you don't know the distance, and you don't know the distance. I see planes all the time and if the distance is great enough they look like dots even to my eyes and can appear to be moving slowly, but that's because they are so far away. Some of them fly 8 miles high or so, so even if they are directly overhead, that's a significant distance, and those objects are clearly not directly overhead so the distance could be far greater.

Anyway I'm not sure they are planes, but I find every supposed reason everybody mentioned to rule them out entirely unconvincing. I still recommend getting the commercial flight information on your smartphone so you can at least compare that to objects such as these. What have you got to lose? It may match, or if it doesn't at least then you have additional information to present with your sighting that your smartphone app didn't align the any commercial aircraft with the UFO. That still wouldn't rule out military aircraft, but commercial aircraft are far more common unless you live near a military base.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Anyway I'm not sure they are planes, but I find every supposed reason everybody mentioned to rule them out entirely unconvincing. I still recommend getting the commercial flight information on your smartphone so you can at least compare that to objects such as these. What have you got to lose? It may match, or if it doesn't at least then you have additional information to present with your sighting that your smartphone app didn't align the any commercial aircraft with the UFO. That still wouldn't rule out military aircraft, but commercial aircraft are far more common unless you live near a military base.

I live in the Los Angeles area, grew up not to far from Offutt AFB in Omaha, and was actually in the Air Force for a while. I've been watching jets fly overhead for over half a century. Yeah, you're right that it's hard to tell how big something is or how fast it's going if you don't know how far away it is. But we're not completely clueless. The sky in the video is cloudy/hazy. If it they were low and far away, we'd have a hard time seeing them at all. If they were closer, we could make out if they were planes. Because they move so slow and look spherical, this would suggest that they're slow planes (prop planes) flying at a high enough altitude that we can't make out what they are. Honestly, they'd have to be really high and really slow for that to be the case.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Not really. The camera is focused on infinity and she is far enough away from the leaves that it is also in focus. So the orbs are in focus too. But, you should direct a PM to the OP before you assume that. You can already see the clouds are in perfect focus too.

You have a lower quality threshold than me, the clouds don't look clear the orb's look out of focus the video is noisey for daytime video even at high res on youtube on a large monitor.

I have sent a pm and asked if they can post some details on camera exposure zoom settings and also distance to the branches.

For example this is in focus

Even when cropped

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

No, I do a lot of video production. maybe that's what I can tell and you cannot.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

No, I do a lot of video production. maybe that's what I can tell and you cannot.

I know you said that but 30+ years taking pictures and 10+ years taking video that is NOT sharp in any way

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Nice orb video.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join