It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing NC 3 y/o Mariah Woods believed to be deceased - remains located :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Note: This is an update to an existing thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... - I am unsure if this would be considered a duplicate since this is an update, but that is the link to the other just in case. Thanks crappiekat for pointing that out
I am sure the mods will be by shortly to decide

Jesus. The remains of a 3 year old girl that is believed to be Mariah Woods has been discovered. She has been missing since 11/27, and an Amber alert was previously issued. What is this world coming to? Who could harm such a precious little angel?

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. — Searchers found recovered what they believe to be the remains of missing 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

An FBI spokeswoman said in a news release that Mariah's remains were found in Shelter Creek in Pender County.

The Fayetteville Police Department dive team found the remains, which were sent to the North Carolina medical examiner for confirmation.

[...]

"I'm very saddened to report to you that we have recovered what we believe are the remains of little Mariah Woods," Sheriff Hans J. Miller said. "We were all hoping for a better outcome."

Earl Kimrey, the boyfriend of Mariah's mother, Kristy Woods, was arrested Friday and charged with concealing a death, obstruction of justice and other crimes.

Officials did not say what led them to arrest Kimrey, or what evidence suggested that Mariah was no longer alive. Kimrey, who was jailed, is due in court Monday morning.

Mariah was allegedly abducted from home in Jacksonville, according to an Amber Alert issued Monday. She was last seen when her mother put her to bed around 11 p.m. Sunday, according to the Charlotte Division of the FBI.

(Note: edited several name typo-s in the article to prevent confusion. Changed "Kinsey" to "Kimrey" and corrected "Wood" to "Woods")

www.msn.com...

My heart goes out to this little girl and her family. The man in custody is involved in a romantic relationship with her mother.
edit on 12/3/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thread already started by Silo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"Concealing a death" isn't the same as murder. Tip of iceberg until more details like autopsy results are available.

Poor girl.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Crappiekat, thanks for the link. I am unsure if these are exactly the same, since the other thread was in the context of the amber alert/search but not the discovery of remains. I really don't know how to procede, so I'll just throw a link up to the other thread in my OP, and maybe a Mod will come by to decide.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed, but he has an awful lot of questions to answer. Especially if there is ANY chance she could've been saved by being taken to the ER/calling 911 instead of just dumping her off like trash.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

In the original thread, I said that step dad was part of this. The mother knows also.
Disgusting POS's.
This sends a rage threw my body.
I just look at my kids and think how?
How could a parent do something like that.
I hope they both get the chair...if they have the chair in their state.

God I wish I was wrong and she was going to be found safe.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Agreed, but he has an awful lot of questions to answer. Especially if there is ANY chance she could've been saved by being taken to the ER/calling 911 instead of just dumping her off like trash.

Yah, questions...

We can speculate on the answers but he (and she) know the answers. So will an autopsy.

I have my own idea about what may have been involved.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Same here Macenroe82
It is heart breaking to see anyone victimized like this. The fact that it was people she trusted and of course her very young age make the whole thing even more outrageous and heinous.

I couldn't imagine not doing everything I possibly could to save a little kid. Even one I had never met before. How on Earth could someone clearly in this child's circle of trust act in such a cruel and callous way?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That is for certain intrptr

Of course none of it will bring her back, I was really keeping my hopes up she would be found alive. I thought maybe she wandered off at first, but as the details came in it started looking bad. Culminating on Saturday when the FBI said it was now engaged in a "homicide investigation."

Man that is gut wrenching.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What is this world coming to?

The world has always been this way. So much that is good, balanced out by so much that...isn't.

Who could harm such a precious little angel?

The trite, though true, answer is evil. You're a LEO (weren't you/aren't you?), so you know this better than I. They don't see the precious little angel...they see prey. They see something weaker than they, something that can be exploited. Something to be destroyed because it's that very thing--something precious.

Even if the only crime committed by this "boyfriend" is concealing a death, which isn't, as has been pointed out, murder, he's no one I'd ever allow near a child again. There's questions here that need answering.

Poor little child died scared, probably hurting, and alone. Whatever saving grace she received was that it ended.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

An arrest warrant released Saturday morning accused Kimrey of “removing Mariah Woods’ body from the scene of the her death, and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to defraud.” The warrant also said Kimrey “secretly disposed of the dead child’s body.”

www.sacbee.com...

I don't know, but it sounds like somebody else may have also been involved. Kimrey is supposed to appear in court tomorrow morning. Gut-wrenching to think what may have happened to this child. It hurts. I hope we get answers. When a child is hurt, we are all pained.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Find out who did what and string them all up.

My son is three years old. This kind of news infuriates me to my core.

Prison is too nice for these kind of people. No need to have them being a tax burden.

Fn SOB's.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There is no place on this planet for anyone who would purposefully harm let alone kill, such an innocent small child. God be with her.

This case may get a bit uglier as it unfolds.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

An arrest warrant released Saturday morning accused Kimrey of “removing Mariah Woods’ body from the scene of the her death, and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to defraud.” The warrant also said Kimrey “secretly disposed of the dead child’s body.”

www.sacbee.com...

I don't know, but it sounds like somebody else may have also been involved. Kimrey is supposed to appear in court tomorrow morning. Gut-wrenching to think what may have happened to this child. It hurts. I hope we get answers. When a child is hurt, we are all pained.

Articles mentioned the biological dad saying something to the effect of not believing someone abducted the kid because how could 4 people in the house -- 2 adults and 2 kids -- not hear it.

It's making me wonder if one of the other kids is somehow at fault here, does anyone know how old they are? A really young kid could conceivably accidentally kill a younger child via a multitude of mundane ways, and if that's the case, I can also see how utter panic could set in and they'd (mom & boyfriend) be motivated to concoct an abduction, as piss-poor a judgement call as that is. I'm not writing off the boyfriend entirely just yet, but I am trying to keep myself open to the possibility of accidental death by another child.

top topics

join