It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get rid of the ATS Live for more memory uploads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How many members use the ATS Live?
I thought the site owners opted to get rid of it last year. In the last 2 days I saw Springer answer another member of the Live glitch.

This site has a very limited capacity when it comes to uploading Screen Caps and high res photos. I have to doctor screen caps to minimum size to get them to upload. Screen caps are very important in many cases because (no pun intended) gives you the full picture. Not part of it.
Ex:

The above should show clear from central Pennsylvania to Cincinnati.

Then there is my issue with my camera photos. I've got some 14K pictures that i needed to show other member's on verious topics. Without some of these photos, my contributions are moot.

So... Is ATS able to trade the Live portion of memory for greater ability for uploading?
Admittedly I'm have no idea what is involved in building and coding a website. And i wouldn't dare ask for the owners to upgrade ATS for my lack of technology skills.

But I'm always seeing the catch phrase.. "Pics Or it didn't happen"😊

A simple Yes or No will do.
Thank you so much.

edit on 3-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: Title spelling

edit on 3-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Can't you just resize below 2mb?? You can still keep lots of great detail on a 2mb image.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I tried. I was told awhile back to start a google drive account. Still wouldn't upload.
Changed the settings on my camera, didn't help either.

Here's another example. Had to crop this to nothing, shows a helicopter flying higher and faster than any other.. but i couldn't show it over my house on the map.

Came from Aberdeen South Dakota.. I'm in Pittsburgh PA.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
The only recommendation I can make is reduce the resolution a bit on your camera, before resizing the image. I know that my wifes phone camera does like 12 or 14 Megapixels and produces average file sizes of 3.5 mb at that resolution. Maybe try to set it at ten mp and see if it will generate a file size more appropriate?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

On it👍😊

The persnickety little bugger..

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I use Nikon, but with a Canon you should be able to create two resolutions of the same image at the same time by just changing your settings on the camera to save one for print and one for the web.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Try gimp. I love gimp.

www.gimp.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thanks..
I'll try that.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Haven't seen this one yet..
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Inkscape is good too but it's more like adobe illustrator while gimp has photoshop-esque features. Both are free.

new topics

top topics

join