It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's lawyer says he wrote president's controversial Michael Flynn tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I don’t like this one bit. If people beneath him are drafting his tweets, we’d be losing transparency. It’s what politicians always do, but I was hoping Trump was different in this respect.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's the battle cry of the day.

Wasn't me.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

It's possibly an injection of plausible deniability to insulate him against any future allegations. The same has happened with Flynn if anyone's noticed.

Anything he's tweeted (or will tweet) can be attributed to aides and lawyers. Anything Flynn testifies against Trump will have a fat question mark over it.

If it was any other politician, in any other country, we'd take it for granted that mischief is at work. However, it's Trump and all of this is indeed the God's Honest Truth. Despite his impeccable honesty, it's not a bad loophole to have for the future...

Loophole is likely the case. But to my understanding a weak one. The account is under Trump's name and anyone using it without his permission would be open to charges of identity theft, which is a felony. If others are or have been tweeting in his stead, that charge could be levied upon any and all of them. Unless he gives permission and then that leaves him in the cross hairs still.

More though, it calls into question the whole legitimacy of his communications via this platform. Will every tweet from now on have to be vetted and approved by public statements by Trump himself, saying this one is from me and that one from someone else, like election endorsements are now approved by the candidate themselves?

And if there are any that are vetted as not being directly from him, will he place charges of identity theft?
Most likely though, he will at least be smart enough now to stop the tweeting entirely.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I don’t like this one bit. If people beneath him are drafting his tweets, we’d be losing transparency. It’s what politicians always do, but I was hoping Trump was different in this respect.

Me too. The whole idea of presidential communications with citizens and vice versa is a grand notion. Trump seems to be dashing a lot of hopes, some with more alacrity than others.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Me too. The whole idea of presidential communications with citizens and vice versa is a grand notion. Trump seems to be dashing a lot of hopes, some with more alacrity than others.

I hope Trump wrote it personally. It’s a tweet, not a statement in a court of law.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

The roller coaster is still pulling up that first incline. You know what happens after that tiny moment of inertia just before gravity takes command? That hold your breath maybe let out a gasp or a nervous laugh moment ....
And then you plunge and everybody's screaming.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Loophole is likely the case. But to my understanding a weak one. The account is under Trump's name and anyone using it without his permission would be open to charges of identity theft, which is a felony. If others are or have been tweeting in his stead, that charge could be levied upon any and all of them. Unless he gives permission and then that leaves him in the cross hairs still.

It won't be a case of identity theft because the implication is he has staff who are free to access it and, apparently, post whatever they want to. If anything posted on the Twitter account is subsequently used in evidence he can say he doesn't remember who posted it. He can point to a large team and even those he's fired or who stood down - hard to prove ownership. "It was possibly posted by a disgruntled ex-employee and I don't recall noticing it at the time."

More though, it calls into question the whole legitimacy of his communications via this platform. Will every tweet from now on have to be vetted and approved by public statements by Trump himself, saying this one is from me and that one from someone else, like election endorsements are now approved by the candidate themselves?

Twitter might have an issue with teh 'verified' account being, apparently, a joint enterprise. Other than that, it couldn't be better for Trump or other politicians to have a level of deniability hard-wired into every post.

Most likely though, he will at least be smart enough now to stop the tweeting entirely.

I hope not. We all enjoy unfiltered Trump for different reasons.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Everything he tweets becomes part of the public record. His legacy.
Imagine what the trump library is going to look like.
Like a crazy trip through the looking glass where cake can make you grow and drinks can make you shrink to mouse size. Crazy section, conspiracy theory section, a little nook for policy legislated, lies and conspiracies of public concern will have its own wing...
The video section will be priceless.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I hope Trump wrote it personally. It’s a tweet, not a statement in a court of law.

It's an admission that he knew , in writing.
I hope he wrote it personally too.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: tigertatzen

Ok, so two wrongs make a right?

If you tried to deflect any harder from what I actually said, you'd knock yourself out. No. Two wrongs do not make a right.

But I wasn't speaking of wrongness or rightness. I was speaking of irony. There are several ironies here.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What TIME was the Tweet? If it was 2:00am or 5:00am, that was the President.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What TIME was the Tweet? If it was 2:00am or 5:00am, that was the President.

That's my favorite ATS viewing time

edit on CSTSunpm0261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The irony isn't placed on me, I don't watch or pay attention to the media. I don't see how pointing out the irony of a third party changes the fact of the matter.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

President Trump’s personal lawyer says he wrote the commander in chief’s controversial Saturday tweet that prompted questions about whether Trump admitted to obstruction of justice.

So, we were lead to believe that the words coming out of President Trumps twitter account were his own. That the thoughts, ideas and announcements of national policy come directly from POTUS himself. That the some times rambling and incoherent babbling s are straight out of his own mind.

Now we are being told by his personal lawyer that at least in this case the ''sloppy tweet' was not done by Trump, but rather concocted by his lawyer.

So, now, are we to think that none of his tweets can be trusted? That possibly Bannon was correct when Brietbart said that Trump was being held hostage in the White House and not allowed to truly offer his perspective on the world at large.

Or could it be that his lawyer is trying to cover up for the mess this last tweet has brought into the public arena?
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The fact anyone believes the President himself is tweeting all of these is hilarious to me. Just look up Hope Hicks. She was in charge of tweets with a team of people for a while.

I truly don't understand the mindset of those that think everything done is by Trump himself. It's quite funny actually.

Guessing people think Hillary and Obama tweet for themselves too.

During the campaign, she played the role of gatekeeper to press members who wanted to speak with Trump, handling over 250 requests a day, and deciding which reporters would be allowed to speak with him.[15][25] Hicks also took dictation from Trump for his tweets, and then sent the text to another person in the Trump organization who actually sent out the tweets from Trump's official account.[21][26]When in New York City, she would spend most of her day sitting in Trump's office, handling inquiries from the press and taking dictation from him to tweet.[

LOL!
edit on 12/3/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Its incredible Trump’s legal staff does not monitor what their client tweets!

Shouldn’t even his own personal Lawyer’s tweets for Trump be vetted by his senior lawyers in the Russian probe ?

Something does not add up here

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

President Trump’s personal lawyer says he wrote the commander in chief’s controversial Saturday tweet that prompted questions about whether Trump admitted to obstruction of justice.

So, we were lead to believe that the words coming out of President Trumps twitter account were his own. That the thoughts, ideas and announcements of national policy come directly from POTUS himself. That the some times rambling and incoherent babbling s are straight out of his own mind.

Now we are being told by his personal lawyer that at least in this case the ''sloppy tweet' was not done by Trump, but rather concocted by his lawyer.

So, now, are we to think that none of his tweets can be trusted? That possibly Bannon was correct when Brietbart said that Trump was being held hostage in the White House and not allowed to truly offer his perspective on the world at large.

Or could it be that his lawyer is trying to cover up for the mess this last tweet has brought into the public arena?

The fact anyone believes the President himself is tweeting all of these is hilarious to me. Just look up Hope Hicks. She was in charge of tweets with a team of people for a while.

I truly don't understand the mindset of those that think everything done is by Trump himself. It's quite funny actually.

During the campaign, she played the role of gatekeeper to press members who wanted to speak with Trump, handling over 250 requests a day, and deciding which reporters would be allowed to speak with him.[15][25] Hicks also took dictation from Trump for his tweets, and then sent the text to another person in the Trump organization who actually sent out the tweets from Trump's official account.[21][26]When in New York City, she would spend most of her day sitting in Trump's office, handling inquiries from the press and taking dictation from him to tweet.[

LOL!

Trump is till responsible for them

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

LOL!

Trump is till responsible for them

How So? Can you point me to twitters legal documentation that has anything about this?

If I found your phone and tweeted a terroristic threat that caused whatever to happen, would you personally be held accountable? If so, would your thoughts on this be the same? Is it because he is POTUS that you view it differently? Does Twitter legal view it differently?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So Trump puts his foot in it (again).

Only this time it could be a serious screw-up for himself.

So he tosses his lawyer a nice fat check, lawyer takes the fall for him, and Trump is free and clear from any possible nasty outcome. Trump will then announce to the world that he has fired this bad (very bad) lawyer for being such a big fat liar.

Behind the scenes, Trump and his lawyer will have a drink together in a few days from now and laugh heartily about how they cunningly pulled this one off.

Plausible deniability.

Twitter has now become a very useful tool for all politicians in the future... and they're all taking notes, bigly.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round....

edit on 3-12-2017 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I hope not. We all enjoy unfiltered Trump for different reasons.

Indeed. With this understanding, that his twitter feed is a joint effort, it leans, at least to my grasp of the situation, towards the looseness and chaotic nature of those surrounding him. But yes, this may be the death knell of his tweeting.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So, we were lead to believe that the words coming out of President Trumps twitter account were his own.

That was the key to Trump's boast, that he communicated "directly" with the people via Twitter, bypassing all intermediates.

Now, he wants us to believe that isn't true.

What a guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join