It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome Explained

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Obama derangement syndrome was a real thing, as a whole group of people sucked the teet of Brietbart and any other fake news outlet that fed them what they wanted to hear, whether it was true or not.

Meanwhile, with Trump, there are real investigations ongoing, and the guy engages in new asshattery practically every day. There is a reason why his favorability ratings are in the toilet.

Also, 80% of the political posts on this site are from pro-trump shills. So I'd say the real mental disorder is "Trump is great no matter what! I can't hear you. LALALALALALA."

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What's interesting is how the gap between the two gets larger and larger, yet the video doesn't explain why that would be. According the the eplanation video I shouldn't see dots moving, I should see lines getting stronger and weaker with bubbles getting bigger and smaller. It's almost like it's propaganda made to simulate a widening divide.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Here's how I reached where I am about Trump:

*Watched and laughed at Trump's idiotic statements for years. His OWN words.

*Watched how shadily he ran all of his business.

*Watched as he took out a full page ad in the New York Times calling for the death penalty for five teenagers that turned out to be not guilty.

*Watched him make an ass of himself regularly on the Howard Stern show.

*Watched him as a WWE wrestler.

*Watched him as a reality TV star.

*Took it for granted that he lies about any and everything, which he's proud of and sees as a business tactic.

*Watched his run up to the election, amazed that people were gullible enough to believe him when he proudly says he isn't someone he's publicly been for the past 50 years..

*Watched him win the election, even though the majority of America voted against him.

*Now convinced of how stupid a large portion of America is to believe someone who's been proud of their ability to lie for years..

*Speak my mind publicly about what I think of Trump

*Receive death threats from Trump voters trying to silence my speech, threatening to drag me out in a field and beat me to death.

*Get called every derogatory name in the book on ATS because I don't believe someone who's been proud of lying their whole life when they tell me they're telling the truth.

*Woke up, read this thread telling me I have a mental problem for not believing a proven and proud liar when he says something..

And here we are.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I really think the anti-Trump people are going to start losing their # and start killing people.

You keep repeating that. Are you working yourself up to something?

Nah.

I used to be amused by the anti-Trump rhetoric and hatred, but you guys are beginning to scare me a little.
edit on 3-12-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I really think the anti-Trump people are going to start losing their # and start killing people.

I think when they start to gather by the thousand to scream at the sky is when we should be worried about them potentially turning into psychopathic killers.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

killers come in all political denominations
edit on 3 12 2017 by RoScoLaz5 because: spelling!

link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Yes, this has long been a feature of a two party system. But you're crazy if you don't think it reached heights never before imagined in the last 1.5-2 years.

No its been going on in its recent run since Reagan. It started to ramp up under Clinton and has just gone up from there. At least under Clinton and Reagan, both parties worked together to get legislation done. Not so much bipartisanship in that manner since.

That was the time things became "fair and balanced".

Im sure that's part of it. But Fox didnt get big till 1996. 1987's dropping of the "Fairness doctrine" probably had more impact. Thats what really allowed for the "Bubbling' factor for each side.

Now the two sides constituencies can listen to their own sides world view of events without being bothered by the other sides.

Can't be bothered with the truth imo. Your post is bang on.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What's interesting is how the gap between the two gets larger and larger, yet the video doesn't explain why that would be. According the the eplanation video I shouldn't see dots moving, I should see lines getting stronger and weaker with bubbles getting bigger and smaller. It's almost like it's propaganda made to simulate a widening divide.

Maybe it has something to do with a certain foreign power flooding the internet with trolls and fake news. Nah, that couldn't happen, could it?
edit on 3-12-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Oops
edit on 3-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
a reply to: DBCowboy

killers come in all political denominations

Absolutely correct.

But I see anti-Trump people killing others just over a MAGA hat or a different opinion.

People are really getting spooky nuts now.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Remember they also gave out puppies and play doh and had cry-ins when he won. It’s a media induced hysteria.

Fareed Zachariah makes a good point.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Woke up, read this thread telling me I have a mental problem for not believing a proven and proud liar when he says something..

That's not what this thread is about. But I guess if you want to disqualify it because it's uncomfortable for you, that's fine. Not every anti-trumper suffers from TDS. Did you go scream at the sky a few weeks ago? Have you participated in an antifa mob? Do you justify death threats against the president? Do you fantasize about killing the president? Do you think a tax cut means america no longer exists? If you can answer no to all of these questions you probably don't suffer from TDS.

link   

There is some merit to what you're saying, but I don't think Obama is actually the root of it. He just happened to be the President. Obama was President for 8 years, and before that a lot of these #resist idiots were too young to vote. This is the first election they lost. And they weren't taught how to handle losing or any sort of hardship. Look at our colleges and the way they coddle these people.

Granted this doesn't explain the derangement coming from older folks, that's a lot more complex. For the younger folks though, they're just dangerously spoiled and immature. If you're going for a post-graduate degree, we've got people going into their mid-20s without ever having to really grow up or face the real world. It's not a good way to operate, as evidenced by their complete inability to handle this.
edit on 3 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You really should watch the video I was responding to. It has literally zero to do with trump or russia.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Obama was superhuman and the perfect person to represent america. This is a wild belief...

Let me help you out here, you may not understand. No one thinks this. He had his foibles and the left doesn't worship him. I think what you are doing here is the exact opposite of what you are attempting. Trump IS looked at as near perfect, well he can do no wrong but you are stating that it's Obama that is...to liberals.

Trump Derangement Syndrome doesn't affect liberals, it affects Trump supporters. The left doesn't keep Obama in the news, the right does. There is TDS but you've got it wrong. There IS something you can do about it though. Suck it up and take it when Trump screws up. Stop obsessing about Obama. His time is done. The liberals have moved on. Catch up.
Yup, no one praises the great lord obama.

edit on 3-12-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's a very good point. The true root cause is societal decay.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Obama derangement syndrome was a real thing, as a whole group of people sucked the teet of Brietbart and any other fake news outlet that fed them what they wanted to hear, whether it was true or not.

Meanwhile, with Trump, there are real investigations ongoing, and the guy engages in new asshattery practically every day. There is a reason why his favorability ratings are in the toilet.

What?

During Obama's transition, in late 2008 and early 2009, there was a Special Prosecutor's investigation into a pay-to-play scheme for Obama's former senate set.

In fact, in December 2008, Obama was busy turning over records of his contact with Rod Blagojevich, and Special Prosecutor Patrick Ftizgerald was investigating whether he or anyone in his team/campaign contacted Blagojevich to offer him $500,000 in fundraising if he would fill the seat with their preferred candidate.

A lot of people thought Obama might be implicated and indicted and, TBH, Patrick Fitzgerald actually said Obama's people did contact Blagojevich to offer that deal. But, of course, they were not indicted and only Blagojevich took the fall.

None-the-less, it was a "REAL INVESTIGATION" and not substantively different from Mueller's.

I think you have very selective memory.

edit on 12/3/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Dudemo5

I think you have very selective memory.

I think you're giving them too much credit. More likely they were simply never informed of any of that by their media outlet of choice.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

That's the problem with those that suffer from this syndrome. They take an isolated incident and smear the entire left with it. Google in the hands of partisans doesn't make matters true. As you can see I posit it's Trump supporters that suffer from TDS.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yeah...... Those are questions you arent supposed to think about or ask. Shame on you for doing that.

As the Bubbles formed and we split, politicians didnt have to cater as much to the other sides voters to get re-elected.

The destruction of the Middle ensured the bubbles just got bigger on both sides. Campaign financing surely had something to do with it as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join