It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome Explained

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've long contemplated where trump derangement syndrome came from and how exactly it got so big, so fast. So here's my analysis of where it came from.

The Symptoms and Progression: Listen to the media talk about trump before he decided to run (with the exception of the birther issue, which further proves my point). Sure some disliked him, but most thought he was funny, enjoyed his company and interviews, and none would disparage his success with much vigor. Then he decided to run for the presidency. Most laughingly dismissed this, they weren't worried, they thought it was a publicity stunt. As we all are aware, as time passed the outrage at everything he said or did got more and more out of hand. The funny thing is, trump never really changed his rhetoric, he was the same guy on day 1 of his campaign as he is on day 317 of his presidency. We now have threads seriously talking about whether Trump committed a crime by tweeting, whether his tweets will cause nuclear war, etc. This is derangement.

Root cause: Obama. Yes, it's another "thanks obama" moment. How you may ask? Well, obama was their savior. He caused tingles to run up chris mathews thigh. David Cameron gushed over obama. Liberals everywhere went crazy for obama. The press swept his scandals under the rug as quickly as possible. They ridiculed any and all detractors, despite the growing evidence that his agenda wasn't as well liked as many believed (he was losing ground for dems in every election). Obama could do no wrong. He was the first black president and that was all that was needed to know that everything he was doing, was right. I mean, he took wildly left wing positions compared with the last democratic president and was embraced whole heartedly. Open borders, amnesty for illegals, gay marriage, healthcare, etc. It was all good. Nevermind national sovreignty, nevermind flyover country, those are just eggs that have to be broken to make the omelette. You'll find no opposition to anything major that obama wanted on the left side of the isle.

This led to the mass belief (through brainwashing) that what obama wanted = good as directed by god. Along comes trump and he goes "radically" back to clinton style democrat's with some right wing conservatism mixed in. Start comparing trump's rhetoric with obama. If obama is god, then the opposite is obviously evil. Obama didn't want a wall therefore a wall is evil. Obama didn't want tax cuts, therefore they're evil. Obama didn't want to single out islamic terrorism, therefore singling out islamic terrorism is evil. Obama wanted ACA, therefore opposition to ACA is evil. Obama signed the paris accord, therefore leaving it is evil. I could go on and on but here's the point:

The left believes trump to be the antichrist. Someone so abhorrent and evil, he must be opposed at every turn. He was not the antichrist until he opposed obama and his legacy. He can only be the antichrist if obama was the christ.

Note- My references to god/christ won't be understood by the modern lefty so let me translate: Obama was superhuman and the perfect person to represent america. This is a wild belief (I would never say Trump, W bush, Clinton, HW bush, Reagan, etc. were the perfect representative for america because america isn't a man, it's a diverse nation, with diverse opinions).

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Opinion are just like ass holes, we all have them, but thanks for sharing how you think your opinion is so important that you need to share it with the rest of the world.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Obama was superhuman and the perfect person to represent america. This is a wild belief...

Let me help you out here, you may not understand. No one thinks this. He had his foibles and the left doesn't worship him. I think what you are doing here is the exact opposite of what you are attempting. Trump IS looked at as near perfect, well he can do no wrong but you are stating that it's Obama that is...to liberals.

Trump Derangement Syndrome doesn't affect liberals, it affects Trump supporters. The left doesn't keep Obama in the news, the right does. There is TDS but you've got it wrong. There IS something you can do about it though. Suck it up and take it when Trump screws up. Stop obsessing about Obama. His time is done. The liberals have moved on. Catch up.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Its just a symptom of "My side has all the answers and you are an idiot for not supporting them".

Both sides do it...... There is no middle where someone can say I agree with Side A's policy on this and sides B's policy on that. Hell it might as well be "All members of the losing party of Congress need not show up for work, your opinions mean nothing". It's not like we craft any great compromises any more.

Its huge pendulum swings from one side to the other with zero input from the other. Both sides effectively have their own bubble ecosystem of thought that precludes the other half of the population.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh, for sure there are deranged trump supporters that think he can do no wrong. Just like there were deranged bush supporters and clinton supporters. But obama supporters were the media which brainwashed large portions of the populace into believing obama could do no wrong. That's the key difference. That's why we just had "scream at the sky in protest of trump day." That's trump derangement syndrome.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes, this has long been a feature of a two party system. But you're crazy if you don't think it reached heights never before imagined in the last 1.5-2 years.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Right back at you.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
There is no middle where someone can say I agree with Side A's policy on this and sides B's policy on that.

edit on 3-12-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They always put the presider in a clown suit and parade them in front of the circus audience.

Every single one is the butt of jokes, vitriol and accusations of illegitimacy.

The presiders job is to be head clown, court jester, MC, Game show host, all rolled into one.

Trump is perfect for the job.

He got his wings as promoter for WWE.

Meanwhile behind the scenes, the rape, pillage and burning of the World and resources carries on...

...but never mind about that, Look what the clowns are doing now !

edit on 3-12-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
That's why we just had "scream at the sky in protest of trump day." That's trump derangement syndrome.

Uh huh. And how big was that event?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, this has long been a feature of a two party system. But you're crazy if you don't think it reached heights never before imagined in the last 1.5-2 years.

No its been going on in its recent run since Reagan. It started to ramp up under Clinton and has just gone up from there. At least under Clinton and Reagan, both parties worked together to get legislation done. Not so much bipartisanship in that manner since.
edit on 3-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Opinion are just like ass holes, we all have them, but thanks for sharing how you think your opinion is so important that you need to share it with the rest of the world.

Who on ATS doesn't share their opinions?

What a strange criticism.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No its been going on in its recent run since Reagan. It started to ramp up under Clinton and has just gone up from there. At least under Clinton and Reagan, both parties worked together to get legislation done. Not so much bipartisanship in that manner since.

That was the time things became "fair and balanced".

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Trump is not the same old same old and therefor has to be looked at through a different prism .Where once we though we had order it now looks out of joint .Having a re-set was one of the reasons for Obama's acceptance by a majority of people but it turned out to be the same old same old change .

Because of the size of the swamp ,change was always going to be a difficult task if not nearly impossible .Trumps first year has had the result of exposing the swamp and the creatures .Its becoming obvious to both sides that the creatures they once looked at with biased eyes are now in question .The MSM has positioned its self where they will have to start delivering just the news and drop out of the story telling game .

This has all become a educational experience for all involved .Going going gone are the same old same old days of yesteryear's .I think Trump will be missed in many ways once he is done playing POTUS ...It will be interesting to see what arises from the ashes .

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I blame a lack of education of propaganda and marketing. So many ate the soup without even knowing they should question it. Combined with social media being connected with a person identity that can make broad statements seem personal. And we have a lot of people that have overextended their necks. I absolutely blame HRC and Obama for their campaigns of dehumanization that many people didn't have the tools to see as marketing and propaganda. Add to the mix a dying media empire that is needs to offer up click bait for survival.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don't know the numbers, but the video's I watched had hundreds, maybe thousands of people, but I don't remember a scream at the sky rally against obama... Then there were the people protesting democracy right after the election. Then there were the inauguration day protesters (didn't you brag about how there were almost a million of those?). Then there were the antifa thugs who were paid for by the TDS afflicted. Don't forget the the therapy puppies needed to cope with democracy. Add in the kathy griffith's and paralyzed comedians who can't do anything but continuously mock trump and you'll start to get a picture of what TDS is.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I really think the anti-Trump people are going to start losing their # and start killing people.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

That was the time things became "fair and balanced".

Im sure that's part of it. But Fox didnt get big till 1996. 1987's dropping of the "Fairness doctrine" probably had more impact. Thats what really allowed for the "Bubbling' factor for each side.

Now the two sides constituencies can listen to their own sides world view of events without being bothered by the other sides.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Trump Derangement Syndrome consists of otherwise rational people suddenly becoming blind to Trump's dangerously erratic and blatantly criminal behavior. If you find yourself thinking: "just so long as he appoints the right judges..." you may be suffering from it.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I really think the anti-Trump people are going to start losing their # and start killing people.

You keep repeating that. Are you working yourself up to something?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join