It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American has taken over the world!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
THE "AMERICAN" dictator wants to take over the world

American (dictator) wishes it were so.

American dictator in for a rude awakening.

I think your mistaking "American" for "Islamic "

You could also replace "American" with 'Impulsive' nations such as Iran and North Korea.

They got the nukes and we're a vulnerable target, so are other contries, just ask Japan.

If they do build them without the U.S saying anything, countries will be bullied and threatend like North Korea has and still is doing...
As with Iran, same thing.

Many countries agree to this, and let's thank the people for not electing naive people such as yourself, or many of us would be in harms way.

Because I can tell ya, North Korea and Iran's motto is definitely NOT To protect and serve

[edit on 13-2-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
its all about subtlety, when you have a foreign nations government in your pocket you control them without actually exhibiting that title. how this is executed excactly im not all too sure. just that the power of commerce probably plays a huge part, and when all else fails dont forget our 500 billion dollar defense industry (correct figure? im no politician).

[edit on 13-2-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
America Is Not The World

America your head's too big, Because America, Your belly's too big
And I love you, I just wish you'd stay where you is

In America, The land of the free, they said And of opportunity
In a just and a truthful way
But where the president, Is never black female or gay
And until that day
You’ve got nothing to say to me
To help me believe

In America, It brought you the hamburger Well America you know where, You can shove your hamburger
And don't you wonder
Why in Estonia they say
Hey you, Big fat pig
You fat pig, You fat pig

Steely Blue eyes with no love in them, Scan The World,
And a humourless smile
With no warmth within
Greets the world

And I, I have got nothing
To offer you
No-no-no-no-no
Just this heart deep and true,
Which you say you don't need

See with your eyes,
Touch with your hands, please
Hear through your ears,
Know in your soul, please
For haven't you me with you now?

By Morrissey

[edit on 13-2-2005 by triplesod]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
No but really....

Does America have the power to take over the world?

Would America like to take over the world?

If so - when do you think America will attempt to take over the world, and what will they put their reason out to be. Will they claim every country is a threat, holding terrorists and WMD, needing to be invaded and sorted out by America straight away?
No we aren't europe
Just a thought...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
America Is Not The World

America your head's too big, Because America, Your belly's too big
And I love you, I just wish you'd stay where you is

In America, The land of the free, they said And of opportunity
In a just and a truthful way
But where the president, Is never black female or gay
And until that day
You’ve got nothing to say to me
To help me believe

In America, It brought you the hamburger Well America you know where, You can shove your hamburger
And don't you wonder
Why in Estonia they say
Hey you, Big fat pig
You fat pig, You fat pig

Steely Blue eyes with no love in them, Scan The World,
And a humourless smile
With no warmth within
Greets the world

And I, I have got nothing
To offer you
No-no-no-no-no
Just this heart deep and true,
Which you say you don't need

See with your eyes,
Touch with your hands, please
Hear through your ears,
Know in your soul, please
For haven't you me with you now?

Try working like we do and stop bitching so much

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Originally posted by TrueLies
The US doesn't want to take over any country, if they did, Iraq would be another state of ours, afghanistan, vietnam, blah blah blah, it owuld never happen.

Didn't you lose vietnam?

Yes we lost Vietnam (by which i mean America and her satellites that got involved) but we were there for the wrong reasons and we were against a determined enemy who had been #ed around for a millenia by other powers and would never give in.

As for America taking over the world, they haven't got the power to do it, but American culture has taken over the western world at least and spread to all corners of the earth in one form or the other, so one could argue american culture has taken the world by storm.

thanks,
drfunk

And didn't you go to Iraq for mainly the wrong reasons?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You could also replace "American" with 'Impulsive' nations such as Iran and North Korea.

They got the nukes and we're a vulnerable target, so are other contries, just ask Japan.

If they do build them without the U.S saying anything, countries will be bullied and threatend like North Korea has and still is doing...

Many countries agree to this, and let's thank the people for not electing naive people such as yourself, or many of us would be in harms way.

Because I can tell ya, North Korea and Iran's motto is definitely NOT To protect and serve

America is only starting issues with Iran because they feel threatend (Israel) by Iran. A lot of Jewish people have a lot of money throughout the world, including America. A lot of Jewish people are in power in America, therefore Israel is backed 100% by America.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

America is only starting issues with Iran because they feel threatend (Israel) by Iran. A lot of Jewish people have a lot of money throughout the world, including America. A lot of Jewish people are in power in America, therefore Israel is backed 100% by America.

You hae GOT to be kidding me! You think that America and Isreal are the only ones worried? Try asking all of Europe - you know, the countries that would actually be within range of Iranian nuclear missles. Why is it the UK France and Germany were having talks with them?

Isreal is not scared of Iran - you see, Isreal will simply blow up Irans nuclear power plant before it can inrich Uranium. They have done it before and they will do it again. No - the ones that are afraid, are in fact the nations of western Europe.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

American culture is the ! I wouldn't have it any other way! fast food, big and fast cars, fast women, hollywood, contemporary music, the list goes on! why would I have a problem with that?

Must say I have to agree. When is the US going to take us over in
Australia? We'll leave the gates open for you.

Just think we might even get a couple of decent ISP's.
I'll be able to listen to caost to coast on the radio instead of having
to find internet streams that actually work!

All the TV shows will be up to date, no more waiting 4 weeks or so.

Oh yeah and I could finally have XM satellite radio in the car.

Hurry Up guys.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If we wanted to take over the world we would have done it at the end of World War II when we were the only country to possess nuclear weapons.

I have to agree with djohnsto77 on this. At the end of WW2 most of the great world powers lay in ruin, The US on the other hand was pretty much untouched. Then factor in the US alone having Nuclear weapons and nothing could have stopped them.

If they had any such global conquest intentions it would have happened then.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Truelies,

American culture is the #! I wouldn't have it any other way! fast food, big and fast cars, fast women, hollywood, contemporary music, the list goes on! why would I have a problem with that?

thanks,
drfunk

I don't see a problem with a healthy exchange.

We gladly welcomed the beatles and the clash with open arms, not to mention english teas and union jack boxer shorts!

Keep trading your cool stuff with us and we'll be glad to share stuff with you.

I'm Australian baby! but that's okay, we have ACDC and Jet, Aussie wine and Aussie beer and we got some nice Aussie boxer shorts with the Southern cross and the Union Jack so it' s all good

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

American culture is the ! I wouldn't have it any other way! fast food, big and fast cars, fast women, hollywood, contemporary music, the list goes on! why would I have a problem with that?

Hurry Up guys.

yeh as long as we don't get the horrible american government, australian parliamentarianism, laws and social welfare is better!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
U.S has not yet taken over the world in terms of politics and military.However,in terms of global economy and influence,I'd say yes.Every single country in the world would somehow at least knows the existence of a country called the United States of AMERIKA.Other than that,almost everyday the television would broadcast news about the politics in U.S.Be it you're in India,Malaysia or Arab Saudi you'll definitely hear a news about U.S.

Ever heard news from Zimbabwe?Cuba?or even Ethiopia?If you answer yes,tell me the frequency of such news per week?probably once or twice.To sum up,the U.S have taken control in at least 50% of the world.That's my take on the topic.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The United States don't have any desire to take over the world.

They just want the world to fend for themselves and quit looking to us for handouts!

Contrary to belief, we're not rich!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

U.S has not yet taken over the world in terms of politics and military.

im not sure i agree with this statement. had it not been for world war 2, korea, vietnam, and all the low brow thugery our government has enacted over the years do you think we would have such a substantially intertwined infastructure in world wide affairs??? lets say we hadnt gotten involved in any wars over the last century, we would probably be about as influencial as canada, the EU would be called the fourth riech, and east asia would be called commy land.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

Hurry Up guys.

And you could have your weapons back!

And drfunk, each state in the U.S. has it's own government and personality. You Aussies would fit right in.

[edit on 2/14/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No but really....

Does America have the power to take over the world?

Would America like to take over the world?

If so - when do you think America will attempt to take over the world, and what will they put their reason out to be. Will they claim every country is a threat, holding terrorists and WMD, needing to be invaded and sorted out by America straight away?

Just a thought...

They don't want to take over the world, but they do want to control it. They will never actually declare that their agenda is to control the world, but it will become clear eventually. You just won't be privy to the plan, as you aren't now. They'll work to rally support for whatever war they wage on the new enemy, and then they'll take down the opposition. As long as they continue to fool people into believing they're "doing the right thing," it will continue this way, IMO.

American culture is the #! I wouldn't have it any other way! fast food, big and fast cars, fast women, hollywood, contemporary music, the list goes on! why would I have a problem with that?

I agree. American culture is great, but you'd be very disappointed if you suddenly became Americans. You would lose some of your present day Aussie freedom. Americans are overly uptight, and they definitely wage war on personal freedom. It sucks.
I seriously doubt Aussies would stand for it.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Moe Foe]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moe Foe
You would lose some of your present day Aussie freedom. Americans are overly uptight, and they definitely wage war on personal freedom. It sucks.
I seriously doubt Aussies would stand for it.

You might get some of your old Aussie freedoms back like the right to bear arms
I know they cracked down hard on that over there.

But I do want to know what freedoms Australians have that US citzens are denied.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Big whoop! Alot of good the right to bear arms is doing us. We don't use them for their intended purpose, which is defending ourselves from a corrupt government. Maybe some Aussies will enlighten us. They know alot more about our restrictive laws than we know about theirs. I do know they're much more laid back than America, both politically and socially.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moe Foe
Big whoop! Alot of good the right to bear arms is doing us. We don't use them for their intended purpose, which is defending ourselves from a corrupt government.

Well it might be a Big whoop to you but I know people that had that little right save their life. You also have to consider the fact that we are a armed populas makes the Goverment fear us which keeps them in check. A 100 million legal gun owners can give new meaning to the word insurgent.

If the Goverment in say the UK went all Nazi what are the people going to fight back with? Shanks?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join