It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American has taken over the world!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
No but really....

Does America have the power to take over the world?

Would America like to take over the world?

If so - when do you think America will attempt to take over the world, and what will they put their reason out to be. Will they claim every country is a threat, holding terrorists and WMD, needing to be invaded and sorted out by America straight away?

Just a thought...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
They don't have the power, they have fire power and lot's of it, but with the world combined they could easily rally against the us and take em down..

The US doesn't want to take over any country, if they did, Iraq would be another state of ours, afghanistan, vietnam, blah blah blah, it owuld never happen.

America stands for freedom not hostile takeover like crazy muslims who want to take over the world and make it islamic.

They are the crusaders, not the USA.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
America stands for freedom not hostile takeover like crazy muslims who want to take over the world and make it islamic.

Surely freedom isn't calling all muslims crazy.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

Surely he just means the fanatics.

I don't think America wants to take over the world. Why would we? We're rich enough on our own... for the time being.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If we wanted to take over the world we would have done it at the end of World War II when we were the only country to possess nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

The US doesn't want to take over any country, if they did, Iraq would be another state of ours, afghanistan, vietnam, blah blah blah, it owuld never happen.

Didn't you lose vietnam?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Didn't you lose vietnam?

Yes we lost Vietnam (by which i mean America and her satellites that got involved) but we were there for the wrong reasons and we were against a determined enemy who had been #ed around for a millenia by other powers and would never give in.

As for America taking over the world, they haven't got the power to do it, but American culture has taken over the western world at least and spread to all corners of the earth in one form or the other, so one could argue american culture has taken the world by storm.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
As for America taking over the world, they haven't got the power to do it, but American culture has taken over the western world at least and spread to all corners of the earth in one form or the other, so one could argue american culture has taken the world by storm.

thanks,
drfunk

And it's existing because you guys are enabling it too... So you must not have a problem with it.

thanks,

truelies

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Calling muslims crazy is an opinion and not the definition of freedom.
Learn the difference..

I do have the freedom to call muslims crazy though because i'm in a free country, you go say that over there and you'll get your head sawed off...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

And it's existing because you guys are enabling it too... So you must not have a problem with it.

thanks,

truelies

Truelies,

American culture is the #! I wouldn't have it any other way! fast food, big and fast cars, fast women, hollywood, contemporary music, the list goes on! why would I have a problem with that?

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 13-2-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
America has taken over. It's all good except that pc crap hollywood keeps pushing about homos & minorities. Hollywood always makes the bad guys white and the hero (Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Samuel Jackson, Lawrence Fishborne, Hallibery, etc) is always black lately.
Hip Hop music is stale, boring and stagnant yet the media keeps pushing it cause its a black thing. The music video's are all the same, they wear the same clothes and rap about how great they are. I remember when this happened before during the late 80's with hair bands that all looked and sounded the same. The media destroyed heavy metal but they don't do the same to hip hop which is the same tired old formula over & over again.
And basketball sux! so what if a 7 foot giant can dunk a basket, it would be more exciting with midgets.
America has taken over but please leave out the warm & fuzzy pc crap please.
There is awesome music coming out of Northern Europe that no one hears about cause the radio stations are all owned by americans who push the same old R&B hip hop crap that is soooooooo boring and blah!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Your declaration "America has taken over the World," ignores the fact that it already has substantially done that.

Now consider the purported reasons nations do things, such as "we are under attack, or will be after the dominoes fall, you must rise to patriotic duty," verses what really happens during war. For example since media consolidation in the 1996 telecommunications act, and the disappearence of dissenting voices to the corporate party line, you now do not care that gasoline is through the roof due to the Iraqi war.

For one the military consumes 60 per cent of the oil and more during war. For another all that juicy oil in Iraq is not feeding your Hummer, it is actually about controlling the spigot. Yes all of this, the future war is about the shut down spigot and turning it on when the monopoly dictates. Not having "tinpot dictators," selling oil at market prices and making them fall appropriately is the reason, not obtaining the oil like all the stupid protesters tell you.

Now do you get it, everything Thomas PM Barnett says is about consolidating a monopoly and charging at the threshold of tolerence for oil, and your media is like dental novacaine, not a sensitizing agent of fair social changes. Naturally oil is actually not everything, you have other ways for energy that are not developed until the monopoly figures out a way to strangle you with all those free energy devices.

You are no longer outraged, now go to sleep like a good slave, and let me enjoy this giant mansion, estate, swimming pool, and car collection. Also I have to double my bloated portfolio soon, do you want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?

[edit on 13-2-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Truelies,

American culture is the #! I wouldn't have it any other way! fast food, big and fast cars, fast women, hollywood, contemporary music, the list goes on! why would I have a problem with that?

thanks,
drfunk

I don't see a problem with a healthy exchange.

We gladly welcomed the beatles and the clash with open arms, not to mention english teas and union jack boxer shorts!

Keep trading your cool stuff with us and we'll be glad to share stuff with you.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What "American" has taken over the world?

I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself....I'm trying to get in a better mood for work
it's not working.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
America has taken over. It's all good except that pc crap hollywood keeps pushing about homos & minorities. Hollywood always makes the bad guys white and the hero (Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Samuel Jackson, Lawrence Fishborne, Hallibery, etc) is always black lately.

Agenda pushing, is all it is... I guess hollywood feels they need to make reparations with the black community since whitey has apparantly been getting over on them for all this time... It's time for the black man to be the hero and the white man to be at the bottom of the food chain.

Hip Hop music is stale, boring and stagnant yet the media keeps pushing it cause its a black thing.

Indeed, I hate it too, sometimes though when i'm all alone and I want something funky to shake my ass too I turn that # on and up
(shh, don't tell anyone though).

The music video's are all the same, they wear the same clothes and rap about how great they are. I remember when this happened before during the late 80's with hair bands that all looked and sounded the same. The media destroyed heavy metal but they don't do the same to hip hop which is the same tired old formula over & over again.

And then the clash came in. I was a baby but i'm livin it up with em now even though strummer's dead and they no longer perform, the memories are there and I try and replace today's bad music with the stuff that once was and now is legendary.

And basketball sux!

You take that back! Best not cross my path or your going to have a basketball bouncing off your head!

so what if a 7 foot giant can dunk a basket, it would be more exciting with midgets.

No it wouldn't, midgits make me feel nauseous for some reason... I'd be yakin up all over the bar, they look discusting with their midgit arms and their big heads...

America has taken over but please leave out the warm & fuzzy pc crap please.

Agreed... PC-ness has got to go... The queen can get away with it but everyday people just abuse it.. it's good to be moral and polite and all, but you gotta know when to use it.

There is awesome music coming out of Northern Europe that no one hears about cause the radio stations are all owned by americans who push the same old R&B hip hop crap that is soooooooo boring and blah!

That's when people come in and stop tuning in, that way radio stations know that nobdoy is listening and they can't make money.

Boycott their asses.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I would just like to say that not EVERYTHING is American...

Looks like I have a drill bit set made in west germany from black and decker.

oh my gosh my home is being infiltrated with non american stuff! eek!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
America is the world. We are made up of all peoples.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Seeing as you are getting your information on hip hop from MTV I cannot trust you to be too well versed in music.

I remember when this happened before during the late 80's with hair bands that all looked and sounded the same. The media destroyed heavy metal but they don't do the same to hip hop which is the same tired old formula over & over again.

If you think metal is dead, then I would not consider a true fan of it. There out many great metal bands out there.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Yngwie]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Update, just saw something made from Pakistan in my home...

I think whoever made this thread was generalizing..

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
THE "AMERICAN" dictator wants to take over the world

American (dictator) wishes it were so.

American dictator in for a rude awakening.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join