It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May losing control....will be the DEATH of the UK economy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I am from Lancashire pal, Now let's get this point over, I am from all corners of the British isles and also a little from outside of them.

I was willing to fight for my country, we lost a great many family members in both world wars and wars long before them - I for example can trace ancestors to the Maori wars in New Zealand from BOTH sides of that conflict and also have jewish ancestry - maternal many generations back but am primarily of English descent from the Hallworth and the Tattersall family's on my mothers side and Scot's and Irish on my estranged fathers side.

Two of my mothers cousin's who were too young to join up took row boats and tried to row to France when we were evacuating our troop's from Dunkirk, they of course lived down south but were never heard from again so either drowned or were killed by German's, my paternal grandfather was torpedoed three time's and lost three ships under him on some of the worst convoy's of the second world war, my maternal grandfather was military intelligence, two of my mother's relative's were walking down the street in Liverpool when a bomb dropped by the Kraut's scored a direct hit on one of those two OTHER brothers, one was simply gone and the other was in shock, My mother's cousin William Beverly flight lieutenant was killed in combat etc and I can go on and on and on we have big family's back then.

My point is this, Keeping May (not her I actually kind of like her but hate her policy's AND her party), let me rephrase that Keeping a TORY Government in power is the utterly worst thing we could do to this country, we need a swing to the left and even if you make a very good point about Corbyn's idiotic attitude toward Isis and other sick and radical twisted and hateful group's - which actually need to be utterly exterminated with extreme prejudice and public opinion on that point be damned - He at least offers and antidote to the far too radical swing to the right.

You do know don't you that there was never actually any need for austerity within the UK, it is driven by ideology not economic's.

They simply jumped on the band wagon when the Troika rolled out austerity for political and control reason's across Europe in order to force economic collapse and take control of Greece, Spain and even Italy.

You are talking about our armed forces but need I remind you that it was Cobyn May's predecessor the previous Tory party leader whom merged our navy with the French navy, Scrapped our last air craft carrier leaving our navy without one and also scrapped all of our harrier jump jet's leaving us without a viable naval air arm and let's not get into how he humiliated and demoralized our troops by making budget cut's to the army and other branches while they were actually serving in foreign theaters of combat.

Corbyn is NOT going to scrap our nuclear weapon's, he does not like them but would need the backing of the Labor party to do that and he would simply NOT get that backing on that point so even if we had him for twenty years he could still not do that AND he has no plan's to reduce our armed service budget so I have no idea were you got that crap from.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I get very worked up when I face idiocy of a type that is a threat I perceive to my country and so I do make typo's, let's correct the next to last paragraph because I inadvertently typed Cobyn (never even typed that correct) instead of Cameron so that next to last paragraph should have read.

You are talking about our armed forces but need I remind you that it was DAVID CAMERON May's predecessor the previous Tory party leader whom merged our navy with the French navy, Scrapped our last air craft carrier leaving our navy without one and also scrapped all of our harrier jump jet's leaving us without a viable naval air arm and let's not get into how he humiliated and demoralized our troops by making budget cut's to the army and other branches while they were actually serving in foreign theaters of combat.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Jeezus dude. Where do you live! Lol London is a country unto itself. Where are all the major newspapers and the bbc headquartered BTW? My wife l9ves homes under the hammer and its eye popping. You can buy a small town up north for what a parking spot costs in london. That is all down to consecutive governments not caring about the whole country.
a reply to: 83Liberty

WTF? I'm not denying there is a massive divide between London and the rest of the UK! There obviously is!

What I'm saying is that these resignations are not just about that and there are other reasons for their resignations, which you missed from your OP.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join