It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May losing control....will be the DEATH of the UK economy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Taggart you read my #ing mind

edit on 3-12-2017 by BlackSkinhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

You couldn't rent a pair of shoes in London for 350! lol Londoners are taking their money to Norfolk and making things expensive there. We couldn't afford to live in Hnstanton if we wanted to move back. And yes...other than council tax, all those houses sit empty except for a couple weeks in summer, so locals see zero benefit.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
Here you go, here's proof, she said it in parliament and in the BBC debate

Ah, yes. That one. There's a bit of context around the discussion though. It's not a Trump knee jerk. The comment was made in the context of nuclear deterrent. She's right - what's the point of a deterrent if you are not prepared to use it?

Where do I get Brexiters hate Corbyn? You must having a laugh.

Now, it's a good question. Where do you get the idea that Brexiteers hate Corbyn? If it's your view, then fine.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Come off it that is nothing but Scare mongering Tory sympathetic propaganda.

Corbyn most certainly has no plan to abolish passport's or to bring Africa here at our expense, HE does have a plan to restore state industry's to public ownership and take them back out of the Tory's hand's after they gifted them to themselves under Thatcher at massive cost to the Taxpayer than and it sadly will also be massive cost to the Taxpayer to take them back.

He does have a more human approach to people, is against racism even if that mean's limiting nationalism and is for more democratic control of the country rather than leaving it in the hand's of the city of London banker controlled Elite that do not govern this nation for YOU or for ME but for themselves and only themselves.

When did we last have food bank's, when did our people last starve and when did government last hide the true unemployment figure by using sanction's or did we last have Social Cleansing and plan's to privatize the NHS and yes that IS the Tory's long term goal.

Did you know for example that over the NEXT ten years - that is right the TORY's are willing to rig the Election's yet again if they can to keep power - they are planning to give more un qualified people the power to declare the sick to be well so that they can then sanction them and cut there benefit's, force them to work even when they are not well enough to do so and work them into the grave.

Tory speak, natural wastage of surplus population which mean's in our language no benefit or welfare system and the die off of the poor once they no longer have the ability to be exploited by the corporation's and the elite.

You truly think that is better than Corbyn - sorry you really need some mental health help before it is privatized as well.

This is my country - Britain and I am British, may ancestors fought and Died for it and not for some lousy stinking hooray harry set to call it there's alone and kill off our people whom have fallen by the economic road side because of there cruelty and lack of compassion, nay lack of humanity and absolute lack of human decency.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
California is one of the largest economies in the entire country. Do you have a point to your insulting statements? Or do you just want to here yourself speak.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Umberto

Technically, it is watching myself type. My point was stated in the OP. Land of snowflakes...imagine someone from Cali being insulted.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Why do I care? I dont. I am just tired of seeing anti-Trump threads by certain people.

And this is the line I have a problem with, it totally undermines your entire OP, you are only posting this because you think its going to annoy UK members who post about Trump.

The truth is that a lot of us can't stand May, myself included, how she is still PM I will never know.

Yet that is totally undermined by this last line, it exposes your thread for what it really is, this thread is not a critique of the UK PM, rather its just intended as a jibe towards UK members who post about Trump.

I post about Trump because I do care and I do find it interesting, not because I want to annoy some Americans online.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He's the worst ever labour leader! and the only reason he lost was due to his inability to say he would cut migration and wants to talk to Isis and not drone them .

He doesn't want to build our defences and is always harping on about how bad the migrants are having it .

When as I say people in OUR COUNTRY are suffering.

Yep I lost family in the war and I'm from up north and we get shafted every time .

Even #ing Mickey Mouse would of got more votes than him .

That's why labour lost the election, because the labour voters voted against corby .

Wow I know hundreds who voted conservative for the first time and they hated it , but voted for them due to corbyn and his dance around the maypole attitude.

a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gee. Was it that obvious.... a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It was not a jibe towards UK members, just a jibe at ones that make sensational headlines every day only to be debunked by fake news. No fake news in this thread.
edit on 3-12-2017 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

It was not a jibe towards UK members, just a jibe at ones that make sensational headlines every day only to be debunked by fake news. No fake news in this thread.

Come off it mate, your OP had fake news in it!!! You stated...
"Last night her Social Mobility team quit in anger at her refusal to do anything about the gargantuan wealth gap between London and the rest of the UK"

That is not the main or only reason why they have resigned!
edit on 83045bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 03 Dec 2017 16:45:36 -06003117 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Better read that link then cuz it was a major factor. I merely chose a single contentious point for brevity. a reply to: 83Liberty

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ahhh right I see, so this thread is nothing to do with Theresa May and everything to do with attacking the UK members whose threads you don't like.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Ahhh right I see, so this thread is nothing to do with Theresa May and everything to do with attacking the UK members whose threads you don't like.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No...it was dual purpose but you seem to get my point. And there was no attack. That sounds to ferocious. Merely a subtle dig to one poster in particular who uses sensational headlines to get flags.....over and over.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Better read that link then cuz it was a major factor. I merely chose a single contentious point for brevity. a reply to: 83Liberty

The link you provided was from the Express (not the best news source!). I have read the same story from various news websites and I can tell you that "wealth gap between London and the rest of the UK" is NOT the major factor...

www.theguardian.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...

The Guardian and the BBC doesn't even mention the gap between London and the rest of the UK in their articles.
It is only the Express who seem to have this narrative for some reason.

Edit.
OK to be fair, after doing some more digging, Alan Milburn said "London and its commuter belt resembled a "different country" to coastal, rural and former industrial areas where young people faced lower pay, fewer top jobs and commuting times nearly four times those in cities"

But I just can't help but think there is a more sinister reason for their resignations.
It also makes me think why the BBC and the Guardian hasn't reported on this in their articles? Maybe because they are also London focused too?
edit on 83053bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 03 Dec 2017 17:53:55 -06003117 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
But at the end of the day , who is better ?
Corbyn ?

He would just make the uk the first place to abolish passports, he tries to save everyone but his own .

Wow he would bring all of Africa here at our expense.

Labour is a joke at the min .

I'd rather have boris Johnson .

The north south divide is a joke and the mayor of London is a bigger joke.

What utter ranting BS. I suggest you cancel your Daily Mail subscription!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2017 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
He's the worst ever labour leader! and the only reason he lost was due to his inability to say he would cut migration and wants to talk to Isis and not drone them .

He doesn't want to build our defences and is always harping on about how bad the migrants are having it .

When as I say people in OUR COUNTRY are suffering.

Yep I lost family in the war and I'm from up north and we get shafted every time .

Even #ing Mickey Mouse would of got more votes than him .

That's why labour lost the election, because the labour voters voted against corby .

Wow I know hundreds who voted conservative for the first time and they hated it , but voted for them due to corbyn and his dance around the maypole attitude.

a reply to: LABTECH767

You have an odd but distinct "group" around you. You are ranting and we all know why folks rant.........

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Jeezus dude. Where do you live! Lol London is a country unto itself. Where are all the major newspapers and the bbc headquartered BTW? My wife l9ves homes under the hammer and its eye popping. You can buy a small town up north for what a parking spot costs in london. That is all down to consecutive governments not caring about the whole country.
a reply to: 83Liberty

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There are a lot of angles to all this.
Let's start with Mrs May, she talks a very good fight and has a history of being able to manoeuver herself into a position of power, like she did when she got the Home sec. job. Then messing it all up because she lacks the nous to actually do the job.

She has always been on the pro EU side of the Conservative party and that might be where some of her weakness in all the Brexit planning comes from, a lack of conviction.

As for Jeremy Corbyn, he has always been a leaver. He is part of the old Labour party that was against the corporatist, anti democratic set up of the EU that was then swept away in the Blairite, neocon reformation of the party.

There is no way he would ever give a launch order for our nuclear deterrent so if he gets elected we may as well scrap it and spend the money on a new boat for the Queen to sail around in.

Despite his distrust of the EU and (I believe) his wish to see us out of it. He has to maintain support among the parliamentary Labour party which is almost unanimously pro EU and still Blairite.

I really think that with so many EU funded groups in this country, So many MP's eyeing the gravy train, it will be a miracle if we actually get what we voted for and leave, free and clear that bloody mess.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join