It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump asks - FLYNN vs HILLARY - Rigged System or Double Standard?.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Office of President

The new states, though independent of each other as nation states,[20] recognized the necessity of closely coordinating their efforts against the British.[21]Desiring to avoid anything that remotely resembled a monarchy, Congress negotiated the Articles of Confederation to establish an alliance between the state. It was through the closed-door negotiations at Philadelphia that the presidency framed in the U.S. Constitution emerged.

Union

In the 1860s, the Copperheads were a vocal faction of Democrats in the Northern United States of the Union who opposed the American Civil War, wanting an immediate peace settlement with the Confederates.

How important is the office of the President?
I would assume it's more important than the guy/gal who gets elected.

If you got a personal beef with them you can easily just send your hate-mail to them via twitter. You are not at liberty to not perform the duties you were hired for.

edit on (12/3/1717 by loveguy because: id like to know how to unquote myself

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: sunkuong

Sessions is the "Engineer" driving the Department of Justice.

Trouble ahead, trouble behind
and you know that notion, just crossed my mind.
Driving that train, high on coc aine....

Sessions seems to be a bit aloof. Not a good state of mind in today's high speed environment.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

But there are two flaws with you post.

1. The double standard is how the fbi (or mueller) investigated Hillary vs. Trumps team.

With trumps team, there are midnight raods, multiple interviews and so on, and people are being indicted for lying during these recorded interviews.

With hillary, she was allowed to be interviewed with another person being investigated, huma, and it was done of the record, and now we find out was apparently done by an agent that's has been caught texting pro Hillary messages to his mistress.

This is clearly a vastly different approach than was taken with trumps team.

2. You discuss charging based on evidence.

Well the fbi and others requested evidence from Hillary and her team, which was then destroyed by them, and yet still no charges.

Manafprt, Flynn and others are being charged with lying to the fbi. Imagine the vastly more severe charge they would have gotten had they destroyed requested evidence that could incriminate them.

Yet no one on Hillary's team was punished

This is a flagrant double standard and misuse of the legal system, and ultimately vindicates me and many others who voted for trump who believe that the system is rigged to benefit the establishment and against perceived outsiders like teump6and Bernie.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I just heard that President Trump is considering PARDONING Michael Flynn.

Can he do that?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Can he do that?

I believe he can.

The problem would be that this may look so bad he could be impeached for it, as impeachment does not require illegal activity.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

From my understanding, the president can pardon anybody at any point....before, during, or after a conviction.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I think he has found out just to what extent The Swamp will go to protect their cabal of mafia-style corrupt enterprises. Lots of dirty money is at stake, no doubt, and has taken decades to put in place.

edit on 3-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Can he do that?

I believe he can.

The problem would be that this may look so bad he could be impeached for it, as impeachment does not require illegal activity.

Understood. I see your point. But it seems as if Trump's Tweets this weekend are pointing in that direction. "Flynn has been ruined". "Flynn did nothing wrong." "There was no need for him to lie to the FBI".

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

From my understanding, the president can pardon anybody at any point....before, during, or after a conviction.

Indicating to Michael Flynn that he would be pardoned, could be a way of communicating to him to tell the truth without worrying that he'll face jail time.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I think he has found out just to what extent The Swamp will go to protect their cabal of mafia-style corrupt enterprises. Lots of dirty money is at stake, no doubt, and has taken decades to put in place.

Yeah. Someone with a government background would already know what businessman-outsider Trump is finding out "on the job". Thankfully, he's a quick learner though.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

So if Hillary got away with it, should Trump ?

Yes...according to the 14th amendment we should all have equal protections and immunities under the law, and the law should be applied equally.

ETA: Apply it equally or don't apply it at all. The alternative weaponizes our justice system.

edit on 12/3/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

carewemust, I watched a YouTube today from 1980 of DT being interviewed by Rona Barrett. He was just 33 or 34, but his insight was spot on. He is the same today as he was then. This man is so much more than his naysayers give him credit for, and I, for one, am glad he is at the helm during this period in our history.

edit on 3-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

In response to your post here is what I see when it comes to that:

1) With Trump’s team, for there to be a raid, there has to be a judge who signed off on a warrant. And in that warrant has to be probable cause. Now the multiple interviews, well that could be from the public records that are on file and on hand, where what is being stated, is not matching things like the records that are put down. How many times has members of the Trump team had to go back and amend various documents, all of which state that if there is a lie on such, it is considered to be perjury. And funny how Team Trump initially got free passes on mistakes that most others have not gotten. Trump’s team has gotten free pass, after free pass. Even those who did not like Trump, were warning him of some of the problems and for their effort, as Trump did not like them telling him no, or warning him, got them fired.

2) The FBI does investigations, not charging. They work with the Justice department and it is based on what they find that charges are brought up. Now the law enforcement can request anything, however without a signed warrant or something from a judge, does not mean that they get. Manafort, Flynn and others, the charges with lying to the FBI, and other charges that they were brought up on, those usually are easily forgiven, however, there is the matter of intent behind their movements. Flynn of all people should have known better than to lie to the FBI, cause this is not the first time they have investigated him and he had to go through various investigations while in the military to get just basic security clearances. That alone should have been something he should have been guiding others on and about while they were having to go through the background checks and filling out all of the paperworld.

Since the first day of Bill Clinton announcing his run for the Presidency there has been investigations into Hillary. And it kept going, each time when they think that they have her to take her out, it turns out that the evidence that is presented is a lie, or tampered with, or fabricated, or rumors started that turned out to be baseless and without fact. Pizzagate is a prime example of such. The pizzeria in question had no basement, yet people were willing to believe it to be the truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

carewemust, I watched a YouTube today from 1980 of DT being interviewed by Rona Barrett. He was just 33 or 34, but his insight was spot on. He is the same today as he was then. This man is so much more than his naysayers give him credit for, and I, for one, am glad he is at the helm during this period in our history.

You're spot on, QueenOfSwords. Donald Trump's personality and temperament is the same. But due to decades of business dealings with all kinds of private and public individuals all over the world, he's become a much better strategic thinker.

Trump credits his 2016 victory to the strategy of picking states that were key for an electoral college win...which is the only win that matters. Hillary's team had decades of government experience, but no genuine strategy. We're seeing that same misstep being repeated right now with the DNC. In 11 months, a ton of Congressional seats will be available. But Democrat leaders have NO DEFINED PLAN for winning new seats, or even maintaining the ones they have.
edit on 12/4/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Response to your points.

1. Trump has received no break. He has been under scrutiny from day one, heck even before then.

He wasn't under investigation, but Coney wouldn't even admit that, meanwhile did a warrants were being issues against his team before the election even happened. That led to unmasking and leaks from the fbi, which was then used by the msm against trump.

Nothing close to this happened with hillary.

And again, you fail to assess that Hillary got to be interviewed off the record, with her lawyer that was a suspect, by an fbi agent that has been caught being a pro Hillary anti trump person.

This is a slap in the face to anyone who wants a fair system.

2. Here you make your most damning concession.

Yes, you are right, the fbi doesn't decide rather to prosecute or not, it's the doj. So what the hell was comey doing?

In other words, comey and the fbi overstepped their bounds by acting as the doj and not recomending prosecution.

And what's worse, seeing as how lynch didn't recuse herself, that means she was the ultimate decider. So she secretly meets with Hillary's husband in a taac, she is telling comey not to call this an investigation because it will hurt Hillary's campaign, and yet she still was the person who has the final decision.

There is no possible defense for this.

As far as evidence that Hillary's team deleted. It was subpoenaed, meaning there was paperwork filed requesting it. And yet it was still destroyed.

If trump or anyone in his team would do this, not only would they be charged, but there would be impeachment trails near immediately.

The double standard is evident to anyone with any shred of non bias.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Indicating to Michael Flynn that he would be pardoned, could be a way of communicating to him to tell the truth without worrying that he'll face jail time.

Monday, December 4, 2017

President Trump repeated his "Flynn vs Hillary double-standard" feelings again this morning, while walking to his helicopter.

“Hillary Clinton lied many times to the FBI, nothing happened to her. Flynn lied and they destroyed his life,” Trump said. The president, without offering specifics, said his 2016 Democratic rival “lied many times” during her FBI interview in early July.

“Nothing happened to her. Flynn lied and it’s like they ruined his life. Very unfair,” Trump said, echoing a weekend tweet in which he asked whether a “double standard” was at play.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes team Trump has been getting breaks since day one. How many times should a person be allowed to correct an official paperwork before it is determined that they are lying? And yet that has happened time and time again with those on the Trump administration.
While we do not know what investigations Trump was under, however what is known about such, is that there were actual Fisa warrants issued and some of the people who were being looked at were either in Trump tower at the time or were associated with Donald Trump in the past or currently.
What is never mentioned is that Hillary is an accomplished attorney, she does have a law degree from Yale. And if the police, law enforcement, FBI, congressman, committee or even a special prosecutor wants to talk to any person, that person has the right to have an attorney present.
Comey, in his explanation was stating that he was between a rock and a hard spot, having to answer to both the DOJ and congress at the same time. And those in congress did not have to release the letter, which they did, and when it came out that there was nothing viable, they issued a retraction on top of that.

As far as the investigation to the destruction of the evidence, there is enough to be plausible that it was not Clinton that destroyed the documents requested, but that of her team. She did send the emails to the FBI as per their request, and they went through and sent a redacted report to the house committee. However, Trey Gowdey, in his over zealous attempt at a witch hunt, sought more and then did the direct subpoena to the Clinton Team. The request was forwarded to the attorneys handling the entire emails, and according to the records one tech did not realize his mistake until after that. It is plausible in that accounting that it was a mistake. She did hand over this to 2 attorneys to handle, and the tech could have turned out and not paid attention until it was too late.

But since you brought it up, Trump has not been keeping records on his communications, as per law, and does not release, even when requested, visitor logs to Maralago, even when it is a state visit. Even having head of state meetings with other countries, and no one from the USA is present, save the President. That in itself is highly suspect.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It's always been like that. Women have always gotten away with more than men. It's why the male prisons are way more packed in comparison to women's and why women get only a fraction of the prison sentences than men, for the same crimes. It's also why women get away with things like raping their male students and most of the time the courts let them walk, whereas a man would be put under the prison. I don't know what's so much more special about women, but they seem to be protected more by the law. Most likely something to do with keeping the horde of feminists at bay. Everyone knows how unpleasant a day a man will if he even trips over as word that offends a feminist. Me? I personally love putting them in their place.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
You guys have to stop being obsessed with Hillary. She lost, get over it.

So she lost, so she gets to just ride off into the sunset. There are still alot of her "deals" that are questionable....

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

She is absolutely, without a doubt, the beneficiary of a double standard.

Its the same in our daily lives, too. Police, local officials, etc, can all get away doing things that you and I cannot.

Hillary absolutely should be held to account if an investigation is actually carried out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join