It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would life be without China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What would life be without China?

China seems to be the one making everything now and speeding up technology. Maybe stealing all our jobs(is what some people say).
So, it seems that China was first to be high tech with ancient weapons. First to have guns. First to have massive ships. First to have compass. First to have paper. Knowledge of health unlike the West who hides everything while letting people have cancer and die from drug overdose.

So do you think we would still be here without China? What would be going on right now if China never existed?

Oh BTW don't forget that noodles were Chinese too. So no more noodles for you. Spaghetti? Dream on.

www.bestofsicily.com...

So would you go back in time and wipe China off of history?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

My company was buying a radio transmitter product from China. It was based on using a 30 year old chip design. The design of the unit around the 30 yard old chip was the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. It was a $10 part but it was like it was designed by the magna cum lauda of MIT.

With the Yuan pegged 6 to 1 to the dollar, $15/hour labor only costs $2.50 per hour or less in China.

You just can't compete with the Chinese on anything.

edit on 2-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

No egg rolls. It would be a sad world.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow, lets not go there, I love Chinese restaurants, especially the ones with the Buffets.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow, lets not go there, I love Chinese restaurants, especially the ones with the Buffets.

Why are Chinese restraunts always located next to an animal rescue?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well, at least you know the meat isn't imported.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
without china we would just have some other third world country making all that cheap plastic lead contaminated crap that we buy at Wal-Mart, my guess is it would be some south American third world country or maybe the phillipines.
in either case don`t fret you would still have your cheap plastic lead contaminated crap availible to buy at Wal-Mart at the same always low prices!
edit on 2-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

One correction: China isn't stealing our jobs. Western governments eagerly allowed them to have permanent normal trade relations with the World Trade Organization. And our companies eagerly outsourced production to Chinese companies so they could benefit from the cheaper labor & production costs (just as they've done in other countries with lower labor costs & fewer environmental & building regulations). In other words, they can't steal what they're being eagerly given.

Also, there's a common misunderstanding about a lot of China's counterfeit operations (at least, with the manufacturing-related ones). A lot of outdated machinery gets resold to these "counterfeit" operations, which then go on to make similar products to the outdated version from major companies. Of course, the final materials and additional safety features may not be the same (gotta cut costs). I've even herd of major companies investing in these "counterfeit" operations so they can gain a foothold in Chinese markets, all while officially pretending they're against the counterfeit operations.

I have absolutely no proof of that 2nd paragraph though, so take it with a grain of salt. I only mentioned it because I figure someone will refute my 1st paragraph by mentioning the counterfeiting.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Ahhh the old subtle racism.

(post by violet removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

Ahhh the old subtle racism.

Stereotypes aren't racist.

Racist would be if I refused to frequent a Chinese restaurant because the owner was Asian. I can assure you I have no intention of giving up my egg rolls.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
youd all still be running around naked , painting your faces blue and howling at the moon .

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
youd all still be running around naked , painting your faces blue and howling at the moon .

That sounds like lots of fun...I’m in!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Just dont do it in the wintertime . No fun getting frostbite .

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Just dont do it in the wintertime . No fun getting frostbite .

Good point.

Nothing like a chilli willie to put a damper on the party.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
From the OPs' title... What would life be without China?

Well, at a practical level the obscene profits of companies like Apple would be slightly less. The iPhone in your pocket was probably put together by a Chinese, and most of the parts were likely made in China. The iPhone brigade don't care about this though because they think Apple is American.

It's Christmas and there's a good chance that most presents with a battery, or a plastic bit, will have been made in China, making Christmas especially cheap for the consumer, and especially lucrative for China. Not bad for a country that represses organised religion.

On an environmental front, the world would be better off. The squadzillion tonnes of pollutants, plastic and tat that floats around the oceans of the world have originated from China.

On an "extinction of animals" front. Well Chinese medicine animal cruelty is pushing many animals to the edge of extinction. Oh, we all know about tigers, rhino, bears and musk dear. What about seahorses, sharks fins and numerous other animals hoovered up by ignorant Chinese?

The poor old Pangolin

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I agree that it is not China that is stealing our jobs, but we give them that opportunity to take our jobs and become millionaires in the process.
The U.S. gives the lowest bidder (most times) the job, then, and this is IMPORTANT... The U.S. company does not follow up on the materials and process of the product, no inspections really, they evidently just let them make it out of any material they have on hand. They use inferior metals, plastic, etc., they are more than likely told by the U.S. company to do it as cheap as possible and they do just that. This is insanely stupid by our U.S. companies to do this, but they do, day in and day out. It is nobody's fault but ours.

Almost everything that comes from China that is made of plastic smells really strong of chemicals, no telling what is in that stuff. Leather even smells like chemicals. Clothes smell too.
The metal they use is like the cheapest 'pot metal' that one can imagine.
I bought a Harbor Freight (Cheap Chinese made store in the U.S.) outdoor bench ($49.95) and painted it, then put it together, my wife then noticed that one side of the bench's armrest was slightly warped, I placed the armrest on my knee as to try and bend it, almost as a joke. It snapped in half! I assumed it was aluminum, but it was just really cheap "pot metal". It was more than 1 inch thick too! That is just one example out of millions.

If QUALITY CONTROL is not adhered to you will have this problem, all it takes is for the companys that use China is to have your quality control guy(s) go over there and show them how you want it, then make sure they continue doing it.
After World War II Japan had a bad reputation of creating "junk" if anyone remembers that, and from what I read that U.S. companies showed them how they wanted it done and now Japan created fine products, they are leaders in production.
I don't have anything to back that up but they definitely cleaned up their act after producing some of the crappiest products. Then, later on, it was Taiwan, and on and on, all it takes is for us to take the matter in our own hands and make it what it is, a good product.

It's not them at all, you can't blame them for getting rich because we don't take the initiative to follow through and make sure the products are made to standards.

The bad thing is, there is a LOT of people now that don't even remember good U.S. craftsmanship, crap has been made for so long that some just don't realize what quality can mean.
edit on 3-12-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Your 2nd paragraph is correct and a little known fact of the "shanzhai" economy.

It can be very difficult to tell fakes from the real thing if the counterfeiter is good at their craft and use just a bit lower quality materials.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
More fluffy pet friends, less child labour, half the dollar stores we currently see at present would not exist, and the worlds population would dwindle to 3 billion.

My Chinese friend Ken told me to mention the fluffy pets, he has a beautiful white Husky named Sheba and an avid animal lover.
We're assuming your post was made in fun, atleast in part.
edit on 3-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
They made a lot of kick-ass kung fu flicks.
Can't take that away.
The Tao Teh Ching is a good read.
I dated a Chinese exchange student.
One of the coolest chicks I ever met.
It's easy to point the finger at their slave labor, but we have veterans starving in the streets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join