It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sad how tragedy strikes in a moment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

But I don't have any close friends to share stuff like this with and it's kind of tough. Sorry to go on but just needed to put it out there.

I just logged back on because I happened to come across your post .

I know if I am on, I am here to talk, I know first hand how hard this can be.

If I am not on there are many of your ATS friends here to talk if you need us, I believe I can speak for a majority here saying this.

My heart goes out to you and yours.

You sir are strong person for reaching out, that strength will be inspiration for others to open up instead of bottle things up.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

My god that's aweful. I'm sure the kids will get better in time. I'm not sure what to say because I personally might have to drink after that. I would be crushed.... just thinking about it has me sad and angry.

I wish you the very best and sincerely hope you and yours never has to go through that again.

Edit: I know I offered absolutely nothing of substance for help. But know many of us are in your corner.
edit on 3-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks DTOM, and thanks to everyone for your support and comforting words.

So, this thing has just gotten even more complicated and difficult. If that's even possible. We went down to the home where the dog lives to talk to the owners and of all things, the guy used to work in my building. And he's a really good guy! Now I feel really bad for them too. We saw the dog and she was nothing like what she was yesterday in her out of control, I don't know, state or whatever. She was just like a pitt bull we used to have, loving and sweet with humans, but not to be allowed near other dogs. Our dog would have done exactly the same thing if he could have gotten to another dog. That's why we had a fence. They should have had a fence.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you for that InhaleExhale, truly appreciated. Good to know I am not so alone after all.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks Bigburgh, no, there's nothing to say, and nothing that needs said really.

That means so much, it's not nothing at all.

Oh, and I had to add, I did have a few drinks and an attitude adjustment after the day was over. I don't think I'd have slept much otherwise.
edit on 12/3/2017 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I am glad I posted this after all. I was afraid I might regret it feeling myself maybe a little to weak to handle it myself. No, instead I am so grateful to have all the wonderful heartfelt support from all of you.

I've seen most all of you around here for a long time and feel like I know you from reading your posts for years, but for the first time I feel like one of you. Like I really do have friends here. And it means more than I could have known it would.

Thanks to everyone!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
wt, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is just like losing any other member of your family, because they are fully members of the family.

I wouldn't have hesitated to put a bullet into the attacker, but it sounds like that wouldn't have helped here since your little guy was in such close proximity to the attacker.

I would say you could go after the attacker's legal owner, but that isn't going to do anything to bring your little guy back
No amount of money or penalties could ease the pain of such a loss.

I truly hope you and your family can find some solace and peace knowing he is in a better place now. But I have no doubt these words won't lessen the impact of what has happened. Don't feel bad for feeling bad though. It is perfectly normal, and you take as long as you need to feel better about it. There are absolutely no time frames for grief.

Take care buddy, and I really am sorry for your loss.

EDIT: Just saw your last reply. I'd like to add that there is absolutely nothing "weak" about feeling how you feel. If anything, it demonstrates your compassion and shows how much our "pets" really mean to all of us. We can learn a lot about ourselves/each other by the way we treat living beings not protected by statute or civil rights.
edit on 12/3/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

While the dog may be sweet now, can it be trusted around small children at this point?
I think I would worry.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If the dog can't be trusted around other dogs, why was it out being walked by someone who could not physically control it, and why didn't it have a muzzle on in case it did get away from that person?

I used to see a pair of Dalmatians getting walked on my drive every day, and one of them always had a muzzle on. I assume it was because the dog could not be trusted not to snap at either other people or other dogs or both. And the owner or walker was never sure they could keep it under control on those walks.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yes, they are family members. It's amazing how much of a hole he has left.

I thought briefly about going after them, but it wouldn't get him back would it? My oldest son is a lawyer and he told me to sue, that we have a case. Now that I found out I know the guy I just don't think I can.

Thanks for your wise and kind words, they do make a difference. Believe it or not, all these posts have helped a whole lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yes, I know, I had a pit bull that was just like that one. It loved people and wouldn't hurt a child, at least mine wouldn't. But I could never let him get to another dog. That's why we always took every precaution to never let him get at another dog, including fencing in the yard. And if we ever walked him in public we took every precaution to make sure nothing like that happened. We are in fact worried that the dog could hurt a child in the neighborhood and we are going to do all we can to make sure the dog is not allowed to stay here.

The owners are looking for a rescue that will take him but I am pretty sure that when the dog warden is back in in the morning the dog will not be allowed to live period. Especially with her history. Our dog is not the first victim. That burns me up as well, the owners were fully aware that the dog was capable of this.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All very good points, hit the nail on the head. These things clearly put the owners at fault here. A muzzle would have saved my little guy and so would a fence around their yard. The owners blamed the little girl they had pet sitting and I think that's rotten. They said "we told you not to take her out when other dogs were outside". Well, that's not good enough is it? The little girl did all she physically could have done and she wasn't able to keep it from happening. They should have never left the dog in the care of someone like that when they knew the dog's history. I don't blame the girl at all.

We spent between 5 and 6 thousand dollars on our fence just a couple months ago to keep ours safe and in the end it wasn't able to do it. But a fence around their yard would have done it because she couldn't have gotten out.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
my first thought is that your dog depended on you to protect him, you (and your family) were the alpha males in the pack and you all let him die, I wouldn`t worry about your kids, as a pet person I`m sure you will have more pets and they will die eventually also so your kids will get used to pets dying,but your dog will never understand why the alpha male of the pack didn`t protect him.

A true asshole response.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
OP, I’m sorry for you and your family’s loss.
I hope the healing process can start for you all as soon as possible.

The only thing I can say that hasn’t been said yet...
Do not, under any circumstances, feel guilty or blame yourself, like that jackass above tried to get you to do.

There was nothing more you could do, and you know full well that if there was, you would have done it.

My sincere condolences, sir.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Thank you so much for your support Hazardous.

I try not to take offense and I did my best to see that post as not being intentionally negative and looking from the viewpoint of my little dog it's right as far as how he saw himself in the family. That's why we feel so awful, the terror he must have felt in the seconds before it went dark. That's what makes this so much worse than if he had gotten sick or something like that. We weren't able to do what he depended on us to do.

I know in my mind and my heart that there was nothing else we could have done, but it doesn't make it easier. Thank you so much, I truly appreciate you and everyone else here.

It's getting harder so far instead of easier. I wasn't prepared for that. I'm more upset by the day and I am starting to feel angry about it now. This morning my wife disappeared for a few minutes and I found her by the dog's kennels, face buried in Ziggy's blanket that she kept in his kennel for him, sobbing. She's falling apart, I see it's getting worse for her too. I feel so helpless.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Thanks Skywatcher, I really appreciate your comments. We haven't talked with them yet. I don't know if I really want to. They weren't home they were on their way to Florida for vacation. The were about two hours away and turned around and came back when they got the call. I feel really bad for the pet sitter. Poor thing was out of her mind screaming and crying and trying to get the dog off Ziggy. I feel almost as bad for her as for my kids. I think she is like 16 and I'm sure it will deeply affect her too.

Don't feel bad for her...feel bad for your dog. You did everything right and the loss of your dog is not your fault by any means. Your beloved fido cannot be replaced. The important thing is you do let your neighbours know what happened. I would think your lost pet would want you to do the same so that these incidences don't happen to anyone else.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yes, I realize those things. We went over yesterday to talk to them and I found out the guy is someone I know. I had no idea he lived there. I don't think I'll bother going back over things that I've posted since that post you replied to. If you want to know those later details you can read further.

The dog warden was here today and looked at the scene and the pictures of our mutilated baby and he is serving those people with a fine, restrictions and mandated $50,000 dangerous dog insurance. We want the dog out of here, preferably by euthanasia, but he said they can't remove the dog unless it attacks again. At this point, our hope is that when they are faced with all the expense they will take it upon themselves to put the dog down.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Well done and glad to hear there are stricter measures in place

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join