It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disjointed on Netflix

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Im sitting at home and my roommate turns on the tv and starts watching a "comedy" show on netflix called Disjointed. I don't care much for tv shows or movies but when I do, it's something that I can go "wow" about or humor like Grandmas Boy or 40 Year Old Virgin. Alright, Disjointed is about a woman that runs a marijuana dispensary and thats about it.

This has got to be one of the worst shows ever. One stupid pot joke after another. For example: "Don't be a buzz kill.", "Oh, im so high.", "Thats some good sh**." que the cheesy ass laugh track now. Also it basically lumps all marijuana users into one category: Idiot.

Don't get me wrong, I know some pot head idiots and im sure you do too. Half Baked was funny, this show is so un-funny it's actually pissing me off. If you want to see what I mean go ahead and try to make it through the first episode. Im probably on the fifth episode because my roommate is watching it and I would rather just read. The End.

Mods if you feel this is more of a rant than a review feel free to move.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

I watched it solely due to Kathy Bates being in it.
I thought it was quite cliche and predictable, but it definitely had me laughing at times.
Dank and Dabbie makes me laugh. Chris Redd (who plays Dank) is now on Saturday Night Live.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Im probably on the fifth episode because my roommate is watching it and I would rather just read. The End.

Thats bad - you haven't killed your roommate yet? Or buy another TV?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

One thing that endears me to Netflix is those little thumbs up and thumbs down icons. I make heavy use of them. I think they also make use of them to cut the unpopular shows.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Im probably on the fifth episode because my roommate is watching it and I would rather just read. The End.

Thats bad - you haven't killed your roommate yet? Or buy another TV?

Na, my roommates cool. I have another tv but its in a different county where I work.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

I watched it solely due to Kathy Bates being in it.
I thought it was quite cliche and predictable, but it definitely had me laughing at times.
Dank and Dabbie makes me laugh. Chris Redd (who plays Dank) is now on Saturday Night Live.

Im just going to stick with The Munsters lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the sheer amount of drug related shows on Netflix ?

Obvious agenda is Obvious.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Couldn't make it through the first episode.

God awful.

Did Kathy Bates lose a bet?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

God awful.

I agree, I didn't get into it at all .. I bet you have to be stoned to like it? lol I just have a very different style of comedy I like I guess. Besides, while I do like comedy a lot.. I prefer horror, sci-fi.. etc..

I watched one recently but I can't recall if it was on Amazon or Netflix, it was called "Radius" .. it's a mystery thriller, it's listed as a sci-fi thriller but there's only one tiny element to it that's sci-fi

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Well then take the remote control off him

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Yes it's a stoners show, it would be dumb otherwise.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ask your roommate to watch 1 episode of Big Mouth. Tell them you heard about it from a respected source (me). If you don't laugh in the first few minutes then you can take the respect out of my source claim.
I'll email it.

PS-it's a cartoon based on the nasties of puberty. I've only watched 3 but I laughed my butt off, it caught me off guard. I had no idea what it was when I clicked on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

God awful.

Hahaa! I think you are on to something.

edit on 12/2/2017 by Tundra because: Beer and smiley

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Will do.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well then take the remote control off him

It's no big deal, I just went back to reading, I play drums so I can focus on certain noise plus im going deaf 🙉. Reading > T.V., Reading ≥ Video Games, Music > All!!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: miniatus

Yes it's a stoners show, it would be dumb otherwise.

It does help to be high while watching it but it's still not the best show in the world. I did find it watchable though and some parts were pretty funny, also I like the message the series is trying to convey, the way the first season ended was very emotional and did a good job showing how federal marijuana laws are ruining good peoples lives.
edit on 2/12/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You guys just have to see the last two episodes is all LOL. Just go straight to the end, its worth it.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Agreed the message was good, and I had few laughs too.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Towards the end of the season is where Dank and Dabby really started to make me laugh a lot.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71
Love that gradual epiphany and abrupt reversal on the rooftop. One of the best scenes of the season. And then the post green light easter egg in the last episode was cool too. Very good throwback to OG stoners.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join