It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News suspends Brian Ross over 'serious error' in Trump-Flynn report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I looks like ABC's president is taking this very seriously and it is possible that more heads will roll other than just that of Ross:

ABC News president James Goldston excoriated staff Monday over Brian Ross' major error on a report about former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, and announced that Ross, the network's chief investigative reporter, will no longer cover stories related to President Trump.

Goldston also told staffers that the network was conducting a "full review" of the error and its aftermath.

A "full review," will likely turn up more than one person who had the ability to keep from airing the erroneous information and I would surmise that Ross will likely as not no longer be a part of ABC come the end of his suspension:

"The thing that compounded our mistake is that not only did we make a mistake, if we had then corrected ourselves right away, again -- we wouldn't be in this position. It would have been a very different story," he said. "But we ended up in the impossible situation where we had actually conflicting information that we said on air, which conflicted with the information that was online. And then it took us seven hours, eight hours to get our story straight. This is not acceptable. It's not acceptable. And we will all pay the price for a long time."

CNN

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I will be expecting to hear that they have reviewed and adjusted their ethical guidelines/policies, staff will be trained on the new policies, no one else will be punished, and ABC News will sell the story that they "care enough to demand better from their team & make changes"

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That is the kind of comments i'd have made were i in charge at ABC News. Its quite heartening to see comments made publicly which are so frank, and obviously honest and not trying to downplay what happened.

Score +1 for ABC. Too bad they are still in negative numbers. LOL

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Everyone is # talking Trump, but he has been the only one to have the cojones (i love that word) BALLS to curb lying on a major scale in the media.

And then you wonder, why do the Media smear him at every turn?

Because they know

a. they are paid for by 'those' interests

b. they don't want to be held to account.

And any good reporter or writer who tells the truth is told to Toe the Line.

Soldier your socks aren't right. Go re-dress and re-make your bed.

So stupid sometimes

Chris

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join