It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News suspends Brian Ross over 'serious error' in Trump-Flynn report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Too funny! The lefties really thought they had Trump this time. They were salivating at the mouth. Maybe it's from the egg on their faces.

They're morons is what they are. Both individually and collectively.

All one had to do was look at the actual charges against Flynn, which were regarding the dates of Dec 28-31, over 45 days after the election.

Then you do a little 2nd grade level math, figure out that it means Trump was President Elect at that point, not a candidate and bam, fake news proven fake.

Apparently thats all too complex though for the geniuses on the left. True scholars they are. Or perhaps, they think purely on feelings.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, I saw that a bit after I posted this thread. Looking at your article, it goes back even further:

In 2001, Ross reported that Iraq and Saddam Hussein may have been responsible for anthrax attacks on the United States, citing four anonymous high-level sources who claimed there was bentonite in the anthrax. The White House later stated that “no tests ever found or even suggested the presence of bentonite” and that “the claim was concocted from the start.”

Brian Ross is indeed a purveyor of FAKE NEWS and ABC should sever ties completely with him. If they do not, they undermine the already extremely weak credibility they have.

It is hard to a find a "journalist" not on the payroll of whatever Operation Mockingbird is called these days.

It brings me great joy seeing these scumbags taken down.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Fake newsery is now being used to manipulate the stock exchange, serious serious crime.

Fake News is now Criminal News.

Serious people with power take this stuff seriously.

edit on 2-12-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Think about the intellect required, well the lack there of, to take phone calls placed Dec 28-31, well after the election, as evidence of Russian collusion pre-election, to the point all over social media lefties were screaming "impeachment". It's like the left doesn't know how calendars work. Amazing. Even Neanderthals understood calendars.

This is like watching a drunken uncle attempt to catch a ghost with a garbage bag.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Interesting thought!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

This is like watching a drunken uncle attempt to catch a ghost with a garbage bag.

I want to hang out with your family now.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Good. My only criticism is maybe the punishment isn't strong enough. If there is evidence he intentionally fabricated a part of the story he should be fired for good.

More honesty in media is never a bad thing.

Not strong enough? I wouldn't be surprised if they make it up to him at bonus time. "Listen take the suspension now and we'll make it up in your bonus."

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good that "mistake" was left up on Twitter for hours on end and don't tell me they didn't know about it. This was deliberate to fan the flames again. If you don't want to be called Fake News all the time maybe you should try to report the truth for once. This guy needs to be fired. # him.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Ross was sloppy, but it wasn't 'fake news.' That is why journalists need to be ever so careful regarding information confirmation.

Large media outlets get to pretend that they are just being "sloppy" because they have a lot of individual contributors to spread the blame out to. They get to take meaningless actions like suspend one of their reports for a few weeks to "prove" they are sorry for what they did.

Small media outlets don't have that luxury so when they are "sloppy" we call it fake news.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

More honesty in media is never a bad thing.

ANY honesty in media, these days, is a treat.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Love to know WHO connected to ABC made money in the stock market after that lil burst of FAKE news.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
ABC fake news crashes stock market... these liberal lunatics would literally destroy the country just to spite Trump.

ABC is trying it's best to remove this from the internet - The View celebrating their ABC channels Fake News.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Good that "mistake" was left up on Twitter for hours on end and don't tell me they didn't know about it. This was deliberate to fan the flames again. If you don't want to be called Fake News all the time maybe you should try to report the truth for once. This guy needs to be fired. # him.

I think I have to agree with you, that they knew about it and left it up.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

ABC is near the top of the Trump Administration punishment list.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

And I bet you all of the cackling hens of the audience never bothered with the correction and in their minds, they are only further vindicated in calling for Trump's impeachment.

In hindsight, perhaps this thread should've gone in Dissecting Disinformation? Because that's what this is, it's part and parcel of the propaganda war that's been waged on president Trump since the beginning.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Ross was sloppy, but it wasn't 'fake news.' That is why journalists need to be ever so careful regarding information confirmation.
There are a lot of good journalists out there, and a few negligent ones do not mean the entirety of the organization for which they work is to blame. Hence his suspension.

That's the thing, the copy wasn't right, after the story came out, it was Ross's source that clarifed to Ross himself the correct event, though I have to say it still occurred during the transition period, presumably Obama still had the key to the White House at that time. So in effect it was an old WT story, not 'fake news' the only difference really being that the source said Flynn was directed by Trump, which so far is an allegation since Kushner is also in the picture.
There again, the WP story itself was decried as being, 'fake news' then, and it turned out to be correct...that didn't stop Trump proclaiming it to be fake though. How memories fail us when it suits.
Thing is with all the shouters, reporters still know a lot more than they can safely report, and really without them, we would know feck nothing!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Finally the MSM is punishing creators of fake news.

Remember when news organizations actually fact checked their stories before running them? It has been a while since you could trust the news and avoid the editorializing.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
ABC fake news crashes stock market... these liberal lunatics would literally destroy the country just to spite Trump.

ABC is trying it's best to remove this from the internet - The View celebrating their ABC channels Fake News.

The View does a good job rallying the People that support Trump all across America.
Dimwitted broads that hate America, it is political gold for Trump.
edit on 2-12-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Was that Megan McCain on the view?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Gotta love Denzel, wise words.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join