It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News suspends Brian Ross over 'serious error' in Trump-Flynn report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Remember when it was reported that Trump instructed Flynn to contact the Russians and this was somehow supposed to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Trump was indeed in league with the dreaded Russians?

ABC News announced Saturday that Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross would be suspended for four weeks without pay over a botched "exclusive" about former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

During a live "special report" Friday morning, Ross reported that Flynn would testify that Donald Trump had ordered him to make contact with Russians about foreign policy while he was still a candidate. The report raised the specter of Trump's impeachment and sent the stock market plummeting.

Later in the day, ABC issued a "clarification" to Ross's report, saying that Trump's alleged directive came after he'd been elected president. Ross himself appeared on "World News Tonight," several hours after the initial report, to clarify his error.

Fox News

First, I have to say

When will reporters learn to stop trying to create the news and lead their followers down predetermined paths?

As entertaining as the election cycle was, it hasn't let up since. Keep it up media, sooner or later you're bound to find the bottom.

edit on 2-12-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA...

This was an awesome day, liberal news media screw the pooch again, jesus the left can't catch a break.

Some of the things leftist liberals were saying was cracking me up, like seriously, this was an epic collective crap in your cheerios.

This was to be expected though.

Good thread, S+F.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good. My only criticism is maybe the punishment isn't strong enough. If there is evidence he intentionally fabricated a part of the story he should be fired for good.

More honesty in media is never a bad thing.

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Love to know WHO connected to ABC made money in the stock market after that lil burst of FAKE news.

+19 more 
link   
The left wing media are in meltdown. I am wondering why they are so out-of-conrol. Have you listened to Joe Scarborough lately.

I think they are sick......really. I'm not kidding. M.E.N.T.A.L.L.Y. I.L.L.
edit on 2-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Good. My only criticism is maybe the punishment isn't strong enough. If there is evidence he intentionally fabricated a part of the story he should be fired for good.

I agree. What is worse, the fact that this report caused the Market to fall a bit, yeah now you're messing with peoples money.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yeah, he probably should be fired, especially considering this isn't his first false report:

"There is a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea Party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross reported. "Now we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes, but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."

ABC News and Ross came under intense criticism for immediately looking to politicize the shooting by suggesting that Holmes was a member of the Tea Party – which he was not.

Daily Wire

Will be interesting to see how this ends up.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"So what is the long term effect of too much information? One of the effects is the need to be first, not even to be true anymore."

edit on 2-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: forgot to close my damn quotes again

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: underwerks

I agree. What is worse, the fact that this report caused the Market to fall a bit, yeah now you're messing with peoples money.

Maybe this is the people behind the scenes testing the markets, so they know when and where to invest when the real bombshells drop..

*conspiratorial hat on*

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Suspended? Fire him!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That is unbelievable!!....and literally stupid. Anybody that does research, much less a so-called journalist/reporter, would know that James, Jimmy, Jim is a super common name as is Holmes. To put that kind of claptrap out there in the public domain without double checking or even triple checking the facts is cause for being fired.

The left will say and do anything to denigrate the Tea Party or any conservative group. You know what their motto is: the ends justify the means.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

"So what is the long term effect of too much information? One of the effects is the need to be first, not even to be true anymore."

That's the thing. In this age, and how information travels so quickly in real time, journalists must be more diligent in confirming the information. Sadly, the drive to be first to break it, because of the quickness of information transmission, makes some of them negligent and sloppy.

Ross was sloppy, but it wasn't 'fake news.' That is why journalists need to be ever so careful regarding information confirmation.

There are a lot of good journalists out there, and a few negligent ones do not mean the entirety of the organization for which they work is to blame. Hence his suspension.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I posted this in the Flynn thread immediately after I saw that it was dementia Brian who "broke" the so-called news.

From 2012: www.politico.com...

He's a serial LIAR..and has been for many years.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Every time I see "first!" in a comment section, the urge to back hand someone starts to rise.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, I saw that a bit after I posted this thread. Looking at your article, it goes back even further:

In 2001, Ross reported that Iraq and Saddam Hussein may have been responsible for anthrax attacks on the United States, citing four anonymous high-level sources who claimed there was bentonite in the anthrax. The White House later stated that “no tests ever found or even suggested the presence of bentonite” and that “the claim was concocted from the start.”

Brian Ross is indeed a purveyor of FAKE NEWS and ABC should sever ties completely with him. If they do not, they undermine the already extremely weak credibility they have.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I applaud ABC for doing this.

Yes it never should have been reported in the first place, but I doubt many other liberal outlets would punish the reporter at all. In fact I have a strong feeling many would give the reporter a raise.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wishful thinking from moronic leftists.

The obnoxious bitch from "The View" should suck on the bitter taste of being a loser also.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Too funny! The lefties really thought they had Trump this time. They were salivating at the mouth. Maybe it's from the egg on their faces.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yes, it was yet more fake news.

However, I did here the impeach Trump parties last night based on the fake news were a blast.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Lol the very essence of Fakenews!!

I continue to love everything about the demise of the MSM!

S&F

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join