It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K. T. McFarland in Transition Email: Russia 'has just thrown the U.S.A election' to Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The OP keeps saying that two plus two equals five.

By design... have you noticed the increase in activity since the huge ABC fake news story broke and the massive win with the tax plan?

We're now getting spammed with year old email stories that don't actually provide any insightful information at all - but are being dressed up and dangled with some 'what if' speculations as some sort of collusion proof.

These leftist operatives are getting very desperate. Yesterday it was a tweet that was going to end it all for Trump, now it's an old email.

I am actually enjoying watching the sheer panic start to unfold with leftists realising their takedown plan hasn't worked - Trump is beating them. As they panic, they are making mistakes... like the ABC story.
edit on 3/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hmmm. Interestingly enough, The New York Times version only put quotes around part of that statement...

On Dec. 29, a transition adviser to Mr. Trump, K. T. McFarland, wrote in an email to a colleague that sanctions announced hours before by the Obama administration in retaliation for Russian election meddling were aimed at discrediting Mr. Trump’s victory. The sanctions could also make it much harder for Mr. Trump to ease tensions with Russia, “which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him,” she wrote in the emails obtained by The Times.

Also, how do we know whether or not the statement, "which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him", doesn't have to do with part of Russia's congratulatory statement to Trump, acknowledging his win and included a statement about improving relations with each other?

edit on 3-12-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The New York Times version also had this to say, which mostly sums up the entire situation as we currently know it...

In an interview, Ty Cobb, the White House lawyer handling the Russia inquiry, said there was nothing illegal or unethical about the transition team’s actions. “It would have been political malpractice not to discuss sanctions,” he said, adding that “the presidential transition guide specifically encourages contact with and outreach to foreign dignitaries.”

The only problem, Mr. Cobb said, was that Mr. Flynn had lied to White House officials and to F.B.I. agents about what he had told the Russian ambassador. Mr. Flynn’s misstatements led to his firing in February and his guilty plea on Friday to charges of lying to federal agents.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Who is KT McFarland and what authority does she have to make statements concerning Russia and Trump?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The NYT article (linked above) has a comment from the "A White House lawyer" in response to the quote:

It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown. A White House lawyer said on Friday that she meant only that the Democrats were portraying it that way.

Possible I suppose but unless the next words were something along the lines of "(as the DEMONcrats would have you believe!)" I dunno... sure seems like she's acknowledging that the Russians meddled in the election to favor Trump.

They... they MEDDLED!?

NOOOOOO!!! I thought we lived in a land of candy canes and lollypops where everyone just minds their own business!

I say we arrest Putin for 1st degree "meddling" ASAP! And can we somehow get Trump charged with 1st degree "meanness". Those are serious crimes in the Lollipop Kingdom if I'm not mistaken. The only crime more serious would probably be like, i dunno, saying a bad or something else Really Bad like that.
edit on 12/3/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi all....

New to ATS. First post in fact. Wish it could have been something more 'high strangeness' related but, I could not hold out on responding to this, especially after listening to the morning news talking about how Trump is in deep crap due to the K T MacFarland 'admission' that Russia threw the election. Except, as usual, it was taken out of context. And as far as I can tell, no one has posted the entire relevant excerpt from the email: hxxps://ibb.co/ddFHcw

Turn the xx's into tt's, obviously...

Anyone with a functioning cerebral cortex can figure out that she was discussing what the Democrat strategy would be, re:, discrediting Trump's victory. Now to be honest, I am no big fan of Trump's big mouth. He goes too far and has a great tendency to put his well-shined wingtips into this loud oral orifice at any chance he can, especially with the god damned Twitter. But this MacFarland thing is NO admission of Russia collusion, nor a smoking gun. It is clear-cut MiniTrue media changing the context of things to be GoodFact instead of RealFact.

-MK

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The OP keeps saying that two plus two equals five.

We're now getting spammed with year old email stories that don't actually provide any insightful information at all - but are being dressed up and dangled with some 'what if' speculations as some sort of collusion proof.

For once I agree with you
. I think the proof this is a bad hit piece is in the White House response, their explanation is entirely plausible - far more plausible than someone writing it down in an email superfluously - so far all their attempted cover ups have been comically obvious - though that's better than the Obama admins sophisticated smoke and mirrors that efffectively obscured a lot of wrongdoing.
edit on 3-12-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

The email reads as if she's talking about public perception and publioc relations management in politics; hypothesizing various scenarios, brainstorming the responses/criticisms the media and politicians will make and planning a strategy to mitigate negative coverage. It's what every Party in an advanced liberal democracy does and as events have proven it was an accurate assessment.

If she was refering to any kind of conspiracy/collusion to rig the election and they were saying 'hey guys we owe Russia a favour as they rigged the election for us' anyone reading it would be able to infer the problems that would occur without including any mention of interference/conspiracy to fellow conspirators. The emails would become public domain eventually via FOI or leaks so no one would include anything criminal in them these days.
edit on 3-12-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How exactly can Russia interfere in an election? Elections are the most highly guarded anywhere in the world.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Bravo

I'm still wondering if they are hiring because so could produce better propaganda while double majoring and Working 50 hours a week... That's how creative this garbage is

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: obeseman
How exactly can Russia interfere in an election? Elections are the most highly guarded anywhere in the world.

Somehow, our government doesn't think that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. We're witnessing the usual hypocrisy...

When mass protests against Russian President Vladimir Putin erupted in Moscow in December 2011, Putin made clear who he thought was really behind them: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

With the protesters accusing Putin of having rigged recent elections, the Russian leader pointed an angry finger at Clinton, who had issued a statement sharply critical of the voting results. “She said they were dishonest and unfair,” Putin fumed in public remarks, saying that Clinton gave “a signal” to demonstrators working “with the support of the U.S. State Department” to undermine his power. “We need to safeguard ourselves from this interference in our internal affairs,” Putin declared.

www.politico.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join