It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Incriminates Himself in Lastest Tweet?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: UKTruth

NO HE DID NOT, where does it say back then that he lied to PENCE AND THE FBI??? Where does it say FBI. He didn't. No matter how you spin this, trump did not report knowing Flynn LIED TO THE FBI, that is a crime, it is NOT a crime for him to lie to Pence!!!!

You guys have gone mad. He said he fired him for lying and of course we are ALL aware he knew that Flynn lied to the FBI because he spoke to Comey about his hope he would let it go!

There is no new news in the tweet.

Jeez. /smh

edit on 2/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Liquesence

You said the FBI thought it serious enough - you were wrong.

They did, that's why they charged him with making false statements, and subsequently pleaded guilty.

Thanks

Thanks.

Yeah, the SC did.

The FBI did not pursue charges.
You were wrong.
Thanks again

He pleaded guilty to making false statements.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

They did, that's why they charged him with making false statements, and subsequently pleaded guilty.

Thanks

Thanks.

Yeah, the SC did.

You were wrong.
Thanks again

Thanks again.

yeah we know that, but the FBI didn't want to pursue it as you claimed they did, the SC did.
You were wrong.
Thanks much

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Thanks

Thanks.

Yeah, the SC did.

You were wrong.
Thanks again

Thanks again.

yeah we know that, but the FBI didn't want to pursue it as you claimed they did, the SC did.
You were wrong.
Thanks much

Apparently you don't know that.

The agents work for the special counsel.

Flynn lied to them. Hence the charge and plea.

Thanks much.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thanks

Thanks.

Yeah, the SC did.

You were wrong.
Thanks again

Thanks again.

You were wrong.
Thanks much

Apparently you don't know that.

The agents work for the special counsel.

Flynn lied to them. Hence the charge and plea.

Thanks much.

Nah, I did indeed know that.
The FBI agents are seconded into the SC and take direction there.
The FBI at the time decided not to take it any further as was widely reported.
You were wrong.
You guys got stung by fake news from ABC, look stupid, and now are just getting more and more entrenched in the madness by clinging on to a tweet about the FBI.

Thanks

LOL just in:

Oliver Darcy‏Verified account @oliverdarcy 2h2 hours ago BREAK: ABC has suspended @BrianRoss for 4 weeks without pay for going to air with inaccurate story that said candidate Trump (instead of President-elect Trump) had told Flynn to contact the Russians

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the FBI filed the charges with SC which are supposedly the lesser or watered down in order to get Flyn to flip on the bigger fish which we do not know who it is at this time, but people are guessing it is Trumps son.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Fooled me.

The FBI at the time decided not to take it any further

But in December 2017 (now) he was charged and pleaded guilty to false statements.

You guys got stung by fake news from ABC, look stupid, and now are just getting more and more entrenched in the madness.

This is not about ABC and their error. This is about Flynn pleading guilty to making false statements. Which is fact.
Keep up.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Trump drives normally sane people...

Completely Nuts.

It is really fun watching people flip out.

You ain't seen nothing yet - if this plays out to its potential, it'll be complete bedlam. Dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Fooled me.

But in December 2017 (now) he was charged and pleaded guilty to false statements.

You guys got stung by fake news from ABC, look stupid, and now are just getting more and more entrenched in the madness.

This is not about ABC and their error. This is about Flynn pleading guilty to making false statements. Which is fact.
Keep up.
Thanks

No, actually it is about you saying the FBI thought Flynns lying was serious enough to pursue it.
You were wrong. The FBI decided to let it go at the time. Now you are trying to deflect from your error.
It was the SC who decided to pursue charges and the fact THEY brought charges and Flynn pleaded guilty has zero to do with what the FBI thought at the time.

Thanks

As for the ABC thing it just makes me laugh that you anti-Trumpers got all excited at fake news and now look a bit silly.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

the FBI thought Flynns lying was serious enough to pursue it.

Yep. And he was charged for making false statements. Fact.

Not hard to understand.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

...trump hoping he doesn't go to jail for it is really quite a human reaction...

“It” being a crime (just to clarify your wording).

Maybe in Gangland.
Might be a trait Trump picked up due to his Mob connections.

yeah yeah - telling the FBI you didn't have a conversation about sanctions when the media is on your back is so much like gangland bosses. You hysterical fool.

There you go again...
Making it about something completely different to my actual point. Along with unnecessary ad hom.

No. The type of crime itself isn’t Ganglandesque. I wasn’t even referring to Flynn at all.
It’s this so called “human reaction” you mention, of not wanting a criminal to go to jail, that I likened to a Gangland mentality.

I’m sure you already knew that. Because I don’t believe you’re a moron.
Feel free to correct me on that.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

the FBI thought Flynns lying was serious enough to pursue it.

Yep. And he was charged for making false statements. Fact.

Not hard to understand.

Thanks

Which has nothing to do with your error when you said the FBI thought Flynn's lie was serious enough to pursue.
It was the SC who pursued it.
You were wrong and you have trouble admitting it, probably because your initial mistake was in the form of a snarky response and you're cornered.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Fooled me.

Keep up.
Thanks

As for the ABC thing it just makes me laugh that you anti-Trumpers got all excited at fake news and now look a bit silly.

I'll tell you one thing. I personally experienced over Thanksgiving just how ILLOGICAL Anti-Trumpers are. Even when the SOURCE of the Fake News corrects, or clarifies their Anti-Trump Fake report, those idiots still believe the original FAKE news report.

Obama and Hillary's brainwashing, really scrambled their brains, BIG TIME.
edit on 12/2/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Not wanting someone to go to jail over something as innocuous as lying about whether one had a legal conversation with the Russian ambassador is hardly a gangland mentality.

If the FBI was after one of your friends and might be putting him in jail for nothing serious at all, I would hope you would be human enough to hope he didn't go to jail and I sure as hell wouldn't accuse you of having a gangland mentality if you hoped the FBI would back off.

That you equate such a human reaction to a gangland mentality is your own cross to bear I suppose. It's just pure lunacy, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

There is nothing new, shocking or sophisticated about propaganda. Is it any more egregious than the Latino Victory Fund's commercial in the recent Virginia gubernatorial race? Of course not. It is individuals attempting to sway the vote a certain way in order to accomplish a specific political goal.

It is also helpful to note that this information released was not propaganda, per se, and was instead actually truthful emails/documents that were stolen or leaked. The cult accusations came from the weird "spirit cooking" revelations from Podesta's emails.

Since no one credible is alleging vote tallys were actually tampered with (how could they be, 50 separate elections/procedures) there was no crime committed. Foreign interests frequently attempt to influence our election, and not all are registered as foreign agents.

Just think of it this way, if such actions were indeed illegal, there would have been actual charges arising from this investigation (directly related to conduct) as opposed to violations of procedure and getting them on making false statements to federal investigators.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Fooled me.

Keep up.
Thanks

I'll tell you one thing. I personally experienced over Thanksgiving just how ILLOGICAL Anti-Trumpers are. Even when the SOURCE of the Fake News corrects, or clarifies their Anti-Trump Fake report, those idiots still believe the original FAKE news report.

Obama and Hillary's brainwashing, really scrambled their brains, BIG TIME.

It's an entrenchment that they simply can't escape from now. It is leading them to equate the slightest issue with the most heinous of crimes and to cling to any news, even fake news, to confirm their bias and help them avoid dealing with the reality that Trump is their President and nothing has come to light that is going to change that.

I feel sorry for them, really.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Agreed. Since it was absolutely part of his job. It can also be argued that he was not engaging in diplomacy, but rather discussing and stating the incoming administration's position. Since they weren't in office, they had no power to implement anything discussed at the meeting either.

Either way, he should've just admitted it or refused to answer any questions (5A). He'd have absolutely no legal jeapardy at this point, minus the never-before-prosecuted Logan Act. I mean, Dennis Rodman and Jimmy Carter are both guilty of violating the Logan Act, if we want to get technical.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A former president is back in the news causing a stir and rattling nerves in Bush administration. Not the most recent former president, Bill Clinton, the former president has been making waves overseas. Jimmy Carter's travels sent senior news analyst Dan Schorr to virtual dusty shelves of the law library.

There is a law on the books which might send some of our freelance diplomats to prison for up to three years if they were ever enforced. That law is the Logan Act, a federal statute passed in 1799 that bans private citizens from unauthorized negotiation with foreign governments.

It was aimed at Dr. George Logan of Pennsylvania who had gone to Paris to negotiate with the French government about some skirmishes at sea.

Since that time, the possibility of a Logan Act indictment is raised every now and then when some public-spirited citizens decides, without authorization, to try to improve relations with some foreign government or organization.

The Reverend Jesse Jackson is remembered for having gone to Syria on his own in 1983 and bringing back a captured American flyer, Navy Lieutenant Robert Goodman. Under these circumstances, no one was inclined to criticize. There were more talk of a Logan Act indictment when Jackson visited Havana and invited Fidel Castro to visit the United States, but that quickly abated when Jackson returned to Washington with 48 men freed from Cuban prisons, some of them Americans.

Last year, there was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's unauthorized visit to Syria to discuss improving relations. President Bush, called the trip counterproductive, said it would send mixed signals. But he made no move to take legal action against her. Former President Jimmy Carter said, I'm glad she went.

Now, Mr. Carter himself has taken an action which could make him the target of the Logan Act, at least theoretically. He has traveled to Damascus for talks with the militant Palestinian Hamas organization. And he emerged saying that Hamas would accept the right of Israel to live as a neighbor in peace. Not so, Hamas says. They would accept a Palestinian state, but without the recognition of Israel. In dealing with Hamas, listed by the United States as a terrorist organization, Carter has made his contribution to anger and confusion in the Israeli-Palestinian crisis. But last time I checked, no one was preparing to throw the Logan book at him.

www.npr.org...
edit on 12/2/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Agreed. Since it was absolutely part of his job. It can also be argued that he was not engaging in diplomacy, but rather discussing and stating the incoming administration's position. Since they weren't in office, they had no power to implement anything discussed at the meeting either.

Either way, he should've just admitted it or refused to answer any questions (5A). He'd have absolutely no legal jeapardy at this point, minus the never-before-prosecuted Logan Act. I mean, Dennis Rodman and Jimmy Carter are both guilty of violating the Logan Act, if we want to get technical.

..and so is Obama.. In 2008 his envoy met with Russians in Moscow prior to the election. Funny how that is not brought up much these days...

Flynn was silly for lying, but I am not sure of the circumstances of his interview.. I heard yesterday the lie happened when the FBI caught him off guard and raided his house... it may not even have been an interview that he was prepared for.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Which has nothing to do with your error when you said the FBI thought Flynn's lie was serious enough to pursue.
It was the SC who pursued it.

It was, and they do consider it serious. That's why it was pursued by the Special Counsel, and why he was charged and pleaded guilty.

You were wrong and you have trouble admitting it, probably because your initial mistake was in the form of a snarky response and you're cornered.

Speak for yourself.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join