It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Incriminates Himself in Lastest Tweet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Why would Trump need to ask him to let it go? Couldn't he just pardon him?

Yes he could - which is exactly why it cannot be obstruction of justice.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wasn't Flynn fired for lying? What is the new revelation here? A mincing of words isn't going to carry any weight, it will just aid in the continued sedition from the left

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

Wasn't Flynn fired for lying? What is the new revelation here? A mincing of words isn't going to carry any weight, it will just aid in the continued sedition from the left

There is no revelation to anyone who is sane.

Everyone knows Flynn lied - I knew when he was fired by Trump he had supposedly lied to the fbi about contacting the Russians - so I am positive Trump knew then too.

This is just more hysterical we got him!!!

Just like the previous 100 times they have claimed it, they will be wrong again - but they never learn. That is the definition of insanity.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: odzeandennz

i don't see how he incriminates himself by tweeting that statement.

Because lying to the FBI is a crime. If he knew a crime had been committed and he pushed to quashed an investigation that could expose that crime, it would be obstruction.

He didn't obstruct. Comey himself stated that Trump said "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go". You all like to go on about how obsessive Trump is about certain things, was Trump obsessive about "letting it go"? We only have one instance on record.

Are we going to discuss what the definition of hope is now?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You registered to vote in Virginia. You had a license in another state. I'm not the one breaking the law.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

You registered to vote in Virginia. You had a license in another state. I'm not the one breaking the law.

Did he vote in the same election in two different places?

link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

i registered to vote in virginia, because i moved to virginia.

i still had my license from my previous state at the time i registered to vote.

that's not illegal. you do know they give you a window of time to update your license, right?

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

i did not. also, i'm a she

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Trump drives normally sane people...

Completely Nuts.

It is really fun watching people flip out.
until a nation collapses from so much bull# and then your like..in regret for feeling that way.

These #clowns need to work fast food not politics.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

i did not. also, i'm a she

Lol. Ok, the academic 'he.'

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Lol. Ok, the academic 'he.'

Thanks for the clarification.

np. i usually don't bother unless it's germane to the topic... but i'd hate for someone else to think i'm a big old lying liar, lol

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: UKTruth

...trump hoping he doesn't go to jail for it is really quite a human reaction...

“It” being a crime (just to clarify your wording).

Maybe in Gangland.
Might be a trait Trump picked up due to his Mob connections.

yeah yeah - telling the FBI you didn't have a conversation about sanctions when the media is on your back is so much like gangland bosses. You hysterical fool.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If anything gets this POTUS in trouble, it is going to be his damn Tweeting.

That being said, his message *is* accurate. What Flynn is actually accused of doing (and himself, actually) doesn't rise to the level of a criminal act. It is the very act of lying to federal investigators (and therefore obstructing justice) that seems to be getting these guys in trouble. Of course there were other charges against Manafort, but that is not too surprising for someone that has been in DC as long as he has, with that many foreign connections.

The charges against Manafort were weak, unfortunately. I can't stand Manafort and it would've been great to see him go down big time. I'd like to see him take a gavel whack to the hand for that. Podesta and his lackeys are corrupt a-holes as well.

As much as I was hoping this investigation would ferret out corruption, it appears that it will instead be targetting procedural and technical violations of obscure acts of congress. This is unfortunate, because although we may disagree on the specific players, I don't think either side doubts there is extreme corruption in this government.

What would be nice is a probe with some real teeth. Possibly even an entire government agency. One that investigates all public employees for corruption and other misdeeds, in order to keep government honest. Don't me wrong, nothing but respect for Mueller and his service to the FBI (second only to J. Edgar). I just wish some real charges would start flying, to send a message to the others that they aren't immune or exempt from our laws (much like the congressional sexual harassment stuff has been doing a great job of).

edit on 12/2/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

link   

people trying to make out Flynn's lie was something horrendous, when in fact it is nothing at all serious

The FBI thinks it's serious enough.

Actually, no, they didn't.
www.cbsnews.com...

link   
Something to remember:

Every last propaganda filled rant from this OP has proven to be fake news.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Is this obstruction of justice?

Bingo!

If he knew Flynn lied to the FBI and then told Comey to "let it go"
In reference to Flynn's lies AND then fired Comey when he kept moving on it...yes, that is obstruction.

It also begs the question, why was Flynn lying?

You people are legit crazy.

Telling him to let it go - did not stop the investigation, Comey did not report it to anyone - so it is questionable it even happened, and Comey testified under oath to congress a couple weeks before he was fired, Trump had not tried to interfere with the investigation.

So I for one think if Comey lied to congress Mueller should be charging him right about now - it would only be fair. But of course he did not lie - that is the truth and his crap about obstruction only came up after he was fired when he wanted revenge.

There is no obstruction of justice. Dershowitz among others have already explained this numerous times - even if Trump fired Comey specifically because of Flynn that would still 100% be his right and not be obstruction of justice.

It is obvious he did not fire Comey because of Flynn because if that was the reason he would not have fired Flynn at all and fired Comey immediately not months later.

I don't know what to say anymore - you people are so crazed you cannot look at obvious facts and interpret them remotely rationally. You all seeth so much hatred you are seeing connections that just do not exist.

They've gone totally batsh*t crazy. Still all twisted up about the election result. They just don't seem to be able to face it. Amusing, but also very sad.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Something to remember:

Every last propaganda filled rant from this OP has proven to be fake news.

This one is funnier than most... he's changing history and actually pretending that Trump has said something new. Liberals have such a problem with Trump's tweets that they are focused on it ... either trying to get him banned (lol), or fantasizing about it being his downfall. Their illness is actually getting worse.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

people trying to make out Flynn's lie was something horrendous, when in fact it is nothing at all serious

www.cbsnews.com...

Actually, yes, they did.

Hence the charge and subsequent guilty plea.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

www.cbsnews.com...

Actually, yes, they did.

Hence the charge and subsequent guilty plea.

Nope, that is after the Special Counsel got involved. The FBI at the time were not persuing it.
Here is another source for you.
www.nydailynews.com...
There are several more.

edit on 2/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Nope, that is after the Special Counsel got involved. The FBI at the time were not persuing it.
Here is another source for you. There are several more.

Nice spin.

Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements (lying) to the FBI, which is a crime.

The FBI thinks that is a big deal, hence the charge, meaning illegal.

Nice try.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join