It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Incriminates Himself in Lastest Tweet?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

All of which is undermined by Obama's / Kerry's state department spokesperson saying the complete opposite - that the contacts were valid / lawful, noting that other President-elects transitions have done the same thing. He even said if Trump's team needed assistance setting up meetings with foreign governments the State Department would assist.

Once again the left blows Flynn's issue out of proportion while ignoring / attempting to contradict the official story.

No laws were broken by contacting / speaking with Russians or others foreign nationals.

The only law that was broken was Glynn lying to the FBI. A crime that appears to be selectively enforced lately.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Let's see. Yesterday ABC reported Flynn was going to testify about Russia collusion with trump. Then they clarified that he'd actually be testifying to normal diplomatic ground work of an incoming administration.

What you're still missing is that the most significant part of what was reported is that Trump directed Flynn to reach out to Russia at all. If Flynn testifies that Trump directed him to reach out to Russia about the sanctions, that's bad bad bad news for Trump.

Do you know why? Because if that's true, it would mean that Trump lied his ass off. And worse, it would also mean that on Feb 14th, when he took Comey aside, he was trying to quash an investigation which could expose his own lies and those of his administration. That would be obstruction.

When I saw the video yesterday, I didn't even realize he'd said "candidate" because the call in question — you know one of two contacts he lied about that are referenced in the plea agreement — was on December 29th, the day of the sanctions.

Then we found out that one of Mueller's top lawyers had compromised himself in text messages and he got fired this morning.

This is how delusional you are. No, he didn't get fired this morning — Strzok was removed from the investigation in August. The reason for his removal were text messages he sent last year that were uncovered in an internal review of the Clinton email investigation.

Again, in your intense desperation to have this all disappear, you've invented some bull# to tell yourself. The guy's been out of the investigation for almost four months. Try again.

All reality. See, what's not reality is trump-russia collusion. Yet you grasp onto that like it's going to save your life.

Another absurd projection. I've *never* said that Trump would go down for collusion. Never. Not once. I've never even said that I believed Trump was involved in collusion. In fact, I've stated the opposite on numerous occasions going back to before the inauguration.

Yet here you are claiming that I'm "grasping" onto Trump colluding with Russia. You could scarcely be more wrong. But that's the problem with screeching denial. You clearly have absolutely no idea what my opinions on anything actually are because you're lost in your own preconceived notions, screeching and projecting your triggered heart out.

Add tax cuts on top of that and I understand your need to find something in the weeds to hold tightly to, but it's still just desperation. Enjoy your ride to no where. You've been on this train for 10+ months and you have yet to leave the station. Good luck!

Add tax cuts on top of what? A majority of the country didn't support the plan as of the last poll I saw. And lets face it, considering the GOP shenanigans of last night and the fact that they still have to reconcile the Senate and House versions, you have absolutely no idea what you're celebrating.

That means that your cheerleading is probably based entirely on partisanship. You don't care about the details, you just care that the GOP was successful in getting 51 votes in the Senate on *something* important to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I wrote an OP pointing out that his tweeting was stupid and reckless. Whether or not the tweet actually implicates Trump is completely irrelevant. On it's own, it's likely just a slip from a guy with a big mouth.

Forget the tweet. Forget the reporting. Ask yourself if you really believe Flynn was making major policy moves like telling Kislyak that Russia should hold off reacting to the sanctions because the Trump admin was going to take care of it for them.

Do you honestly believe that he was acting that independently? Come on. Now read the Statement of Offense, paying particular attention to page 3.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Leave 4chan out of this.. 4chan is the best internets

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Obviously, the truth eludes some people. Them, not being trained/educated, to handle the truth. Being so indoctrinated/ trained/educated, that others will bring them truth and law. They see "conspiracy" everywhere. I personally see the tweet at its face value. I wholeheartedly, reject your insinuation.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Lol

Cult45; unshakable, falling in line and doing as they're told.

There's a lot of naivite and downright blindness on this thread.

Will be an interesting few months watching the dear leader continue to melt down.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Obviously, the truth eludes some people. Them, not being trained/educated, to handle the truth. Being so indoctrinated/ trained/educated, that others will bring them truth and law. They see "conspiracy" everywhere. I personally see the tweet at its face value. I wholeheartedly, reject your insinuation.

You don't think trumps tweets are stupid and reckless.

What do you think of his tweets then?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

There are a two possibilities with this tweet:

1. Trump knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI when Flynn resigned on February 13th.
2. Trump is lying.

Well, we do know he lied to the VP and now we know he lied to the FBI... Do you think the FBI operates 100% outside of the president? lol give me a break....

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Forget the tweet. Forget the reporting. Ask yourself if you really believe Flynn was making major policy moves like telling Kislyak that Russia should hold off reacting to the sanctions because the Trump admin was going to take care of it for them.

Maybe he did. I don't understand why he would lie about it. He didn't have to.

Do you honestly believe that he was acting that independently? Come on. Now read the Statement of Offense, paying particular attention to page 3.

From what I read it sounded as if Flynn actually de-escalated a situation with Russia, where Obama imposed sanctions against Russia. Now. What do you find wrong with that. The transition team for the incoming President wanted to make it a smooth transition. Again, I do not understand why Flynn would lie about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

a reply to: odzeandennz

i don't see how he incriminates himself by tweeting that statement.

Because lying to the FBI is a crime. If he knew a crime had been committed and he pushed to quashed an investigation that could expose that crime, it would be obstruction.

Shouldn't they know when he was lying to them?

Here's what happened.

Comey already blew off charges thinking there was no "intent" for Flynn to lie, it was just some confusion with dates and such.

Mueller comes back and charges him for the same testimony.

So it's really more wishful thinking since no obstructions have occurred.

Still waiting for the collusion illusion to be cleared up, anyone? Mueller? Mueller??

edit on 12 3 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What an absolute load of rubbish.

No one is missing the point about Flynn being told to contact Russia or that it might have been about sanctions. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and it has nothing to do with colluding with Russia to rig an election.
That Trump may have lied about whether he told Flynn to talk about sanctions is also irrelevant. You actually think a President lying whilst not under oath is 'bad bad bad news' for Trump??? Oh dear... are you sure it's not super super bad bad bad bad super bombshell news?

Your leap to a conclusion that it would mean he was trying quash an investigation is pure conjecture and also irrelevant. Why would the FBI investigate and charge someone who said they didn't ask someone to speak to Russia about sanctions?? Why would Trump be trying to quash an investigation into something that was no issue for him or Flynn?
The quite obvious reason he hoped Comey would let Flynn go is that he knew Flynn lied to the FBI under oath.

You have the cheek to call others delusional and yet here you are in fantasy land trying to make something of nothing at all. I know you must be a little upset that the latest revelation turned out to be fake news, but get over it, seriously.

What a clown.
edit on 3/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I find this hilarious.

This is why I supported Trump.

The left have lost their minds.

That would imply they are able to think/move/act independently. When BBC and CNN shout "Eureka, we've got him", all of these same komrades shout "Eureka, we've got him", and proceed to jump over the cliff together with glee.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I find this hilarious.

This is why I supported Trump.

The left have lost their minds.

That would imply they are able to think/move/act independently. When BBC and CNN shout "Eureka, we've got him", all of these same komrades shout "Eureka, we've got him", and proceed to jump over the cliff together with glee.

Not just that, they then drag themselves back up the cliff face so they can jump off again.
It's actually getting worse. This OP is actually trying to convince people that it's some new big revelation that Trump knew Flynn lied to the FBI when he fired him, when we went through the Comey firing sh*t show months ago during which it was made abundantly clear he did.

The poster of this thread provides a classic example of a willful attempt to try and mislead people and attempt to rewrite history so more leftist BS propaganda can be shoved down peoples throats.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I've said it before-Trumps PR agent needs to reign him in with these social media outbursts.

Take Trump aside and say 'listen dude, you aren't just shooting yourself in the foot, you're walking through a minefield.'

And as for this...

The poster of this thread provides a classic example of a willful attempt to try and mislead people and attempt to rewrite history so more leftist BS propaganda can be shoved down peoples throats.

Uh I believe that Trump writes his own tweets and the media merely reports them-swing and a miss.

edit on 3-12-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I've said it before-Trumps PR agent needs to reign him in with these social media outbursts.

Take Trump aside and say 'listen dude, you aren't just shooting yourself in the foot, you're walking through a minefield.'

And as for this...

Uh I believe that Trump writes his own tweets and the media merely reports them-swing and a miss.

Did I miss Trump's tweet where he said that it was brand new information that he knew about Flynn lying to the FBI???
Did I miss where a case of Trump asking Flynn to contact Russia after the election and with the knowledge of the outgoing administration was a problem?
Have I missed where the above OR not being truthful to the press about whether he asked Flynn is 'bad bad bad' news for Trump?

This entire thread is classic example of misleading and sensationalising.

The big news is actually that the MSM got caught lying again.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

You guys are so desperate it's hilarious. I don't blame you though, I mean yesterday morning you thought Mueller was taking down Trump then you found out that the fake news lied to you and instead Mueller's team is falling apart. It's a quick turnaround you weren't ready for.

Nothing you said even remotely resembles reality. You grasped onto one statement from one reporter yesterday and declared everything reported yesterday "fake news."

Flynn didn't plead guilty to lying to the FBI yesterday? Oh, he did? That's not fake news? That guilty plea wasn't part of a deal to avoid other charges in exchange for providing information and testimony that will implicate somebody else? Oh, it was? So that's not fake news either?

I'd hate to be you. Sadly screeching "Fake news! fakes news! It's all fake news!" trying to fight back the tears and maintain your delusions.

You're probably going to go through this all over again shortly when the the next indictment comes down or the next person flips. And you're already so desperate for a safe space that you authored a thread demanding that people who trigger you have their threads shutdown.

Maybe you might want to avoid political threads for a few months.

Flynn just trashed himself as a witness. Who is gonna believe him now?

So far Mueller caught 2 liers and someone who didn't fill out the correct paperwork.

AND fired an anti trumper/pro hillary agent who investigated hillary's email and also helped Comey write her exoneration letter.

Peter Strosic? (sp)

What other BS was this guy into?

Key figure House investigators told Fox News they have long regarded Strzok as a key figure in the chain of events when the bureau, in 2016, received the infamous anti-Trump "dossier" and launched a counterintelligence investigation into Russian meddling in the election that ultimately came to encompass FISA surveillance of a Trump campaign associate.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 12 3 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Good question .... I do no think we have heard the last thing of it ...from the Ny:

"Mr. Trump also then appeared to threaten Mr. Comey in a post on Twitter. After a report that Mr. Trump had asked Mr. Comey whether he was loyal to him, the president said Mr. Comey “better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations.”

The slant on any tweet, event connected to Trump his that he is in need of a lawyer because all these on first reading appear to enforce the idea of obstruction of justice. We are talking about an act to influence the course of an investigation. It seems that asking to let Flynn of the hook appears to match that criterion hands down. And his tweet concerning the tapes .. again, as a retaliation against an investigator. This also reinforces the idea of matching the criterion.

So, NY says Trump said in a tweet: better hope that there are no tapes. He did not say: there are no tapes, mr Comey. He did not say there are. All he alluded to was the version Comey presented is somewhat different from what Trump has said. Chances are there is a tape tucked away somewhere. And will that magically surface somewhere when the going get's tough for the inevitable Potomoc two step?

Or did Trump tell Mueller already ....?

Perhaps a different view on the whole matter is this:
Flynn indeed lied, Trump found out and told Flynn is was toast for impeding the Trump Team for not playing by the book. but would try to safe his ass because of his astounding service to the nation. Trump talks to Comey, Comey goes overboard, and Trump has taped it all. Comey's instability and insanity has actually caused his firing. Trump wanted to keep that card up his sleeve, hence the vague reasons for firing Comey, and told Flynn to play the game and take the fall for the team.

Why? Remember that politics is a show. What you see is not what is. What people appear to be is 100% diametrically opposite of what they are. That is the politicians rule. And Trump is not a politician, but a shrewd player.

I am not defending him, I am only saying: do not write him off just yet. Things may be different to what so far has been presented!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

You guys are so desperate it's hilarious. I don't blame you though, I mean yesterday morning you thought Mueller was taking down Trump then you found out that the fake news lied to you and instead Mueller's team is falling apart. It's a quick turnaround you weren't ready for.

Nothing you said even remotely resembles reality. You grasped onto one statement from one reporter yesterday and declared everything reported yesterday "fake news."

Flynn didn't plead guilty to lying to the FBI yesterday? Oh, he did? That's not fake news? That guilty plea wasn't part of a deal to avoid other charges in exchange for providing information and testimony that will implicate somebody else? Oh, it was? So that's not fake news either?

I'd hate to be you. Sadly screeching "Fake news! fakes news! It's all fake news!" trying to fight back the tears and maintain your delusions.

You're probably going to go through this all over again shortly when the the next indictment comes down or the next person flips. And you're already so desperate for a safe space that you authored a thread demanding that people who trigger you have their threads shutdown.

Maybe you might want to avoid political threads for a few months.

What are you on about? The fake news was not that Flynn pleaded guilty.. it was the lie that Flynn was told to contact the Russians during the campaign. ...and yes it was FAKE NEWS.and the person on ABC who propagated this fake news has been punished for it. That lie was the ONLY thing that had any impact on Trump and breathless idiots ran screeching around as if they had won some kind of victory.

That Flynn pleading guilty to something everyone already knew about is not earth shattering and has zero bearing on completely unsubstantiated accusations that Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia to fix the election.

I said it before, but worth repeating, those that have entrenched themselves so deeply in the accusations and propaganda against Trump are not going to so easily save face by using unrelated developments to the actual charge.

You made your own bed, now lie in it... with all the obfuscation you guys are laying down with unrelated issues it looks like you are panicking, whilst Trump moves forward.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Trump's lawyer: I wrote the president's 'sloppy' tweet about Flynn's dismissal

Well this is interesting.

President Donald Trump's personal lawyer John Dowd drafted the president's Saturday morning tweet that stated he fired former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn for lying not only to Vice President Mike Pence but also to the FBI, Dowd told ABC News Saturday.

But now Dowd, corroborated by a second source familiar with the matter, said the tweet was not drafted by the president himself but rather by the lawyer -- and done so in a "sloppy" manner.

The unusual clarification by Dowd –- revealing that someone other than Trump himself had authored a tweet from his official account -- could also be an attempt to tamp down on potential legal exposure from the message.

I wonder how many of his tweets are "drafted" for him? Maybe a team of Lawyers proofread and OK his tweets before he sends them for legal reasons.
His bathroom must get quite crowded for his 3 am tweets

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Excellent post! (as usual)

The next time I'm in the UK, I am going to look you up, my good sir, and offer to buy you a pint and the best Beef Wellington money can buy!

Thank you.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join