It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Incriminates Himself in Lastest Tweet?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
An incoming administration is allowed to talk to foreign governments about policy changes and what not.

Secondly the Obama admin authorized Flynn to speak to the Russians.

Transcript -
* - State Department - Daily Press Briefing - January 13, 2017

QUESTION: No, I got just one more. You probably have seen --

MR TONER: Excuse me.

QUESTION: -- reports starting yesterday, but then more of them this morning, about contact between the incoming national security advisor and the Russian ambassador. I’m just wondering, from the State Department’s point of view, is this something that’s of concern at all? Or – I’ll just leave it there and then follow up.

MR TONER: Again, not necessarily – I’ve seen the reports. I don’t think they’ve been confirmed or corroborated yet. But that’s – as he’s part of the transition team, that’s really for them to speak to in how they are engaging. I mean --

QUESTION: Right, but --

MR TONER: -- the president-elect is also engaged on his own with many world leaders.

QUESTION: Right.

MR TONER: So I don’t want to speculate and I don’t want to --

QUESTION: So there’s nothing – this building doesn’t see anything necessarily inappropriate about contact between members of the incoming administration and foreign officials --

MR TONER: No.

QUESTION: -- no matter what country they’re from?

MR TONER: No.

QUESTION: Right?

MR TONER: No. And again, this has been ongoing. I mean, we stand ready if they want to work through the State Department to contact some of these individuals, but we have no comment or no problem with them doing such on their own. 13 1/13/2017

QUESTION: Okay. Thank you.

A President-elect can legally speak to foreign governments prior to assuming office and it is entirely legal and appropriate. Secondly the law in question was put on the books in the late 1790's and has only been used twice. The constitutional violations the law create is why its noyl been used twice.

It violates the 1st and 5th amendments.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

When you think about it, Trump is the one-man, alt-right counterpart of Russian protest/punk-group Pussy Riot, much more so than he is the American counterpart of Putin. But their antics pale in comparison to what Trump has accomplished. They had some sort of dance party in Moscow's Cathedral of Christ the Savior, before getting kicked out, but Trump and his group have been going nuts in the White House for the most-part of year now. I think he really does have a kind of genius talent, it was just tragically misapplied when he ended up becoming POTUS.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Lying under oath about something that was not even illegal is nothing serious.

Like a blow job, perhaps?

I get it though - it relates to one of Trump's team - so the pitchforks are out.

Clearly you don’t get it.

I spent an extensive part of yesterday in another thread not only distancing Flynn from President Trump, but also stating quite vociferously that he is now a known liar, and in turn a completely unreliable witness, which subsequently means that anything he has to say as part of his cooperation that may be detrimental to Trump or anyone else in the administration, can and should be discarded completely.

Because the fact is, if someone will lie under oath, they cannot honestly be seen as credible going forward.

If he incriminated Trump, I wouldn’t believe a word of it.
I’m not as partisan as you may believe, UK.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What do y'all expect from a senile old fool? Now,we'll be hearing about how the legal team was revamped on Monday.Pence is already calling interior decorators for the White House.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Because the fact is, if someone will lie under oath, they cannot honestly be seen as credible going forward.

For starters lying to the FBI is a crime Flynn committed and not Trump.

As for your comment quoted above that position also spells bad news for Democrats considering they also lied to the FBI during the Clinton coverup scandal that Comey and Lynch / Mueller effected.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
What do y'all expect from a senile old fool? Now,we'll be hearing about how the legal team was revamped on Monday.Pence is already calling interior decorators for the White House.

What I want to hear from the senile old fool is that she really is done trying to become President and is retiring to her residence in New York prior to reporting to a federal prison to serve her time.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
keep up the good fight

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Agreed

I have had a few people ask me about the hiring process for LE and what DQs them from selection. Of course any crime involving a felony, domestic violence or otherwise prohibits you from carrying a firearm will DQ you. But equally important is the non-statutory disqualifiers, like convictions or examples of a candidate lying under oath or even making false statements.

Since LE is based almost exclusively on the reputation and reliability of an officer, these offenses would make virtually every court appearance into a nightmare. Defense attorneys eat this kind of stuff up, especially given the number of times the case comes down to specific testimony and wording. Your word is your bond, and once you screw that up you're entirely unreliable.

That said, I still feel no sympathy for the feds. They lie to us all day/every day with impunity. If a citizen *dares* make a false statement to them however they want to call it a felony. I'm sorry, but that is not felonious behavior. If anything, the true felony is a government lying to its superiors (the People). That should be a crime of the highest order, but as we've seen no such law exists. Even laws that do exist aren't enforced against them, again deferring back to the director of lies himself: Clapper. He told a bold faced lie to congress under oath. Those are the crimes I want to see investigated. Not a (then) private citizen making "false statements."

Like I said, government doesn't deserve our answers on anything until it shows absolute and radical transparency/accountability. Always plead the 5th. Government is not your friend, and it doesn't want to help you. It wants to entrap you or otherwise twist your words/conduct into something it can take action against. I personally wouldn't give it the satisfaction.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

For starters lying to the FBI is a crime Flynn committed and not Trump.

Where/when did I say anything contrary to that?

As for your comment quoted above that position also spells bad news for Democrats considering they also lied to the FBI during the Clinton coverup scandal that Comey and Lynch / Mueller effected.

I honestly don’t give two sh*ts if it spells bad news for them.
In fact.. I sincerely hope it does.

I told you yesterday that I’m not going to bat for Democrats.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

That's not happening.

And I certainly wouldn't be placing any cash wagers on it - not with the record the anti-Trump crowd has for making predictions. I mean, it is your money, but I don't see how it could happen. It sure as heck won't be the Mueller probe, that is for certain. Given the charges we've seen, the probe has not nor will it produce anything of substance or value.

I respect the fact that Mueller is being thorough, but at the end of the day even if every last accusation turns out to be true, Trump will still be in office and will still stand a very good chance of winning re-election. One thing I can say for sure is that he won't be impeached.

Simply put, even *if* (which is totally unproven/unsubstantiated) he worked hand in hand with Putin himself to discredit Hillary, there are no charges that could be filed. Discrediting someone and taking advantage of leaked/stolen documents isn't a crime any more than looking at leaked documents is a crime. Furthermore, once documents are leaked/stolen and placed in the public realm, they are fair game for LE who can absolutely use them (unless a judge says otherwise) in a criminal complaints and at trial. The only exception to this is classified information being viewed by unauthorized people holding a security clearance - they are subject to administrative sanctions up to and including revocation of their clearance.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Where/when did I say anything contrary to that?

Where did I say you did?

I honestly don’t give two sh*ts if it spells bad news for them.
In fact.. I sincerely hope it does.

I told you yesterday that I’m not going to bat for Democrats.

and again I was making a personal observation.

Defensive much?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Lying under oath about something that was not even illegal is nothing serious.

Like a blow job, perhaps?

I get it though - it relates to one of Trump's team - so the pitchforks are out.

Clearly you don’t get it.

I spent an extensive part of yesterday in another thread not only distancing Flynn from President Trump, but also stating quite vociferously that he is now a known liar, and in turn a completely unreliable witness, which subsequently means that anything he has to say as part of his cooperation that may be detrimental to Trump or anyone else in the administration, can and should be discarded completely.

If he incriminated Trump, I wouldn’t believe a word of it.
I’m not as partisan as you may believe, UK.

Well, that's good to know.
Dershowitz was saying earlier that contrary to what people are saying, the fact Mueller indicted Flynn for something like lying to the FBI is more a sign he has nothing further, for the reason you state. When you indict someone for lying and do a deal that he has to turn informant, the credibility of the witness is shot to pieces... so he thinks the indictment is more a case of not being able to get anything else and he just wanted to nail Flynn.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Where did I say you did?

You didn’t. But it seemed like you were trying to educate me, or correct something I said.
I assumed as much because it seemed a rather out of place and unnecessary addition to the conversation, which was a reply to me.

I apologise.

and again I was making a personal observation.

These personal observations were in a reply to me, so it was my perception that it was directed at me as some type of argument, either against what I said, or as some kind of whataboutism to expose any suspected hypocrisy on my part.

I apologise again.

Defensive much?

I guess, based on my confusion, I was pretty defensive.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You really are in a bit of a tizz. It's all the shifting on your position, I think.

Flynn pleaded guilty for lying to the FBI. That is a fact, and was my point from the beginning.

...and that's the ball game.

Yes, it is. Flynn pleaded guilty for lying. My original point.

Thank you sooo much.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
I'm going with "Trump is just an idiot" and has no idea what he's saying from one moment to the next.

Is idiocy a defense?

After the way he has maneuvered the media and the democraps and the liberal left into apoplexy. Do you seriously believe he is an idiot. Machiavelli would be hard pressed to match his guile at getting free exposure and constantly grabbing the headlines and pissing off the deep state. That's not idiocy that''s genius. The problem is that the RINOs are also working against him. It's hard to dodge friendly fire at your back and everyone else as well. Let's just see where this nothing burger that the OP cites goes.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

You really are in a bit of a tizz. It's all the shifting on your position, I think.

Flynn pleaded guilty for lying to the FBI. That is a fact, and was my point from the beginning.

...and that's the ball game.

Yes, it is. Flynn pleaded guilty for lying. My original point.

Thank you sooo much.

No. You said the FBI thought it was serious.
Actually, they didn't as we have established they decided not pursue an indictment.
It was the SC that thought it was serious enough.

Your deflections, shifting and then insults have already revealed your mistake... not much point in trying to save face now.

Thanks so much

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

uh...didnt flynn resign?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No. You said the FBI thought it was serious.

They do and did. Again, that is why he was charged.

For lying.

Thanks so much

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

uh...didnt flynn resign?

I think it was one of those where he was 'asked' to resign and he obliged.
The crazies here are trying to suggest that it's a bombshell that Trump knew about Flynn lying to the FBI.. when we already knew months ago that he actually said to Comey he hoped he would let Flynn go.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

...so he thinks the indictment is more a case of not being able to get anything else and he just wanted to nail Flynn.

Personally I think Flynn has played Mueller like a fiddle.

The reason I say this is because if he really wanted to nail him & didn’t think he could offer more information, he would likely also have added the Turkey saga to it all.
I think Flynn played the role of willing cooperator who would spill for the plea, and Mueller thought it was worth it.

Too bad that anything the man says will be tainted.

It’s also very likely it is a PR move to justify a continuation of the investigation itself, which has some very vocal opposition calling for an end to it, and public opinion probably about 50% in agreement with that.

Gotta look like they’re getting results.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join