It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Incriminates Himself in Lastest Tweet?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: UKTruth

Which has nothing to do with your error when you said the FBI thought Flynn's lie was serious enough to pursue.
It was the SC who pursued it.

It was, and they do consider it serious. That's why it was pursued by the Special Counsel, and why he was charged and pleaded guilty.

You were wrong and you have trouble admitting it, probably because your initial mistake was in the form of a snarky response and you're cornered.

Speak for yourself.

Thanks

The SC is not the FBI.
You said the FBI thought it serious enough to pursue... they didn't.
I see you have finally switched to talking about the SC at last... at least you understand why you were wrong and that's a good start for you. I'm proud of you for making the effort to correct your error, even if it doesn't come with the acknowledgement you were wrong. Well done.
Thanks

edit on 2/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

...putting him in jail for nothing serious at all...

Lying under oath to the FBI is now “nothing serious at all”.
That’s a good one.

You know, even if I was inclined to agree with you, I think the United States legal system might disagree with us.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Agreed
I believe that is why no one has ever been prosecuted (and only two people ever indicted) under this obscure 1799 act.

I see nothing wrong with his actions (or anyone else's on the transition team) minus the making false statements part. Even if every accusation re: Russia were true, it is still true that no crime has been committed which is why there is absolutely no reason to lie. Of course saying nothing at all would've been the best move, but then hindsight is always 20/20.

However, it is hard to tell what the circumstances of this "lie" was. Since there are so many Russians in the world, did he simply forget? Did he misunderstand the question or the context? Perhaps he assumed the question was asking about illegal contact with someone from Russia, since virtually everyone in the world would have to answer "yes" to the question "have you had any contact with any Russian national or anyone with connections to Russia?"

Either way, the Mueller probe is demonstrably unfruitful and has failed to produce any bombshells or evidence of crimes involving the election. It has caught a few people in lies, which are standalone crimes. But overall, these crimes would've never occurred without the investigation's existence so it is pretty hard for anyone to argue they represent anything of significance.

I really am not surprised he took a plea offer though. The feds use a tactic that involves dragging out investigations/proceedings to the point where no common Citizen can afford to continue to defend themselves. Hopefully this serves as a lesson: never assume you can talk your way out of an interrogation room - always best to say nothing, or tell the truth if you're so inclined (although expect to still be punished if the truth constitutes a crime, despite being honest).

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The SC is not the FBI.

Never said they were.

You said the FBI thought it serious enough to pursue

I said the FBI thinks lying to them is serious, which it is, hence the charge and plea by Flynn.

at least you understand why you were wrong and that's a good start for you. I'm proud of you for making the effort to correct your error, even if it doesn't come with the acknowledgement you were wrong.

I wasn't wrong. I know your game. You spin everything to make yourself seem right to yourself, even if someone agrees.

Thanks

edit on 2-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The SC is not the FBI.

Never said they were.

You said the FBI thought it serious enough to pursue

I said the FBI thinks lying to them is serious, which it is, hence the charge and plea by Flynn.

at least you understand why you were wrong and that's a good start for you. I'm proud of you for making the effort to correct your error, even if it doesn't come with the acknowledgement you were wrong.

I wasn't wrong. I know your game.

Thanks

More shifting.. you've now moved to 'the FBI thinks lying to them is serious' - a generalisation instead of the specific case in question (which the FBI were already reported at the time as saying they were not pursuing). You're all over the place

Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: theantediluvian

How the hell can any of you defend this? Lie after Lie, and you guys just clap like seals. If he knew that Flynn lied, and that's why he fired him, why didn't he say that. Also if he knew Flynn Lied to the VP and FBI, he was OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE BY NOT REPORTING IT......

If this were Hillary, you would all be foaming at the mouth.

trump is a criminal, he was from the start, by not reporting what he says he knew.

Where is the lie in this tweet? The whole premise of the op is trump goofed and told the truth by mistake.

Nope, he did not make a mistake he is just tweeting what everyone already knew.

You really aren't following the news, the reason he fired Flynn has always been that he lied about his calls with the ambassador.

Um, he did report he lied to the VP, and it was already in the news he had lied to the FBI.

Trump is a criminal? How? Where is your proof - you have none.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You are ignoring the fact the acting AG notified the white house Flynn lied to Pence. Its not hard to draw a conclusion that he also lied to the FBI as well.

The attempt to turn this into something its not is sad and hilarious all at the same time.

The msm lying doesnt help -

CBS News‏Verified account @CBSNews
3h3 hours ago

JUST IN: ABC News suspends chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross for 4 weeks over "serious error" in Trump-Flynn report on Friday

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I wonder if the Q breadcrumbs included prophecies of crow memes....

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

you've now moved to 'the FBI thinks lying to them is serious'

That's the first thing I said in this thread.

You're all over the place

I'm actually staying on topic, and sticking to my original premise, unlike some.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

...putting him in jail for nothing serious at all...

Lying under oath to the FBI is now “nothing serious at all”.
That’s a good one.

You know, even if I was inclined to agree with you, I think the United States legal system might disagree with us.

Lying under oath about something that was not even illegal is nothing serious. Sure, one can be prosecuted for it, but they are often not. Let's take Clapper as an example lying under oath to Congress. He was not prosecuted or even investigated so let's get back to reality, the nature of the lie is always important and it's nowhere near as black and white as you'd like to make out...

I get it though - it relates to one of Trump's team - so the pitchforks are out.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

you've now moved to 'the FBI thinks lying to them is serious'

That's the first thing I said in this thread.

You're all over the place

I'm actually staying on topic, and sticking to my original premise, unlike some.

Thanks.

Actually you've shifted on two counts, and are getting closer to the truth, but you have some way to go.
I am glad you now understand it was the SC that pursued this and not the FBI, but a little disappointed that you tried to deflect to a generalisation about lying. You're shifty, I'll give you that.
Myself, well I am just sticking to facts - which is that the FBI were reported widely to not be pursuing the FBI case as they did not see it as serious enough. In fact, they said that Flynn was trying to be truthful.

The FBI interviewers believed Flynn was cooperative and provided truthful answers. Although Flynn didn't remember all of what he talked about, they don't believe he was intentionally misleading them, the officials say.

It was the SC that indicted Flynn for lying to the FBI.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Lying under oath about something that was not even illegal is nothing serious.

Tell that to Bill Clinton and the GOP who impeached him.

Oh, wait, double standards.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Myself, well I am just sticking to facts.

If that's what you call it, since you attempt to make this more about *me* than the topic.

is that the FBI were reported widely to not be pursuing the FBI case as they did not see it as serious enough. In fact, they said that Flynn was trying to be truthful.

Flynn pleaded guilty to lying.

I get your game. Nice try.

Thanks, and good night.

edit on 2-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Or maybe tell it to Clapper who was not even investigated for lying under oath - triple standards... Well now, what have we here... solid proof that lying under oath is not always seen as serious. Well, I never.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If that's what you call it, since you attempt to make this more about *me* than the topic.

Thanks, and good night.

Good night.
Well done for almost being able to admit your mistake.
I feel you made some progress.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Or maybe tell it to Clapper who was not even investigated for lying under oath - triple standards... Well now, what have we here... solid proof that lying under oath is not always seen as serious. Well, I never.

Thanks

Nice deflection. This is not about Clapper but Flynn.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Thanks, and good night.

Good night.
Thanks

Night.
Well done for being a hypocrite, as usual.

I feel you haven't made progress.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Thanks

Nice deflection. This is not about Clapper but Flynn.

Thanks.

yet you brought up Clinton...

You really are in a bit of a tizz. It's all the shifting on your position, I think.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It is hard for me to get riled up over someone lying to the federal government. Considering the amount of lies and misinformation (weaponized lies) coming from those people, every single citizen could lie to the government 24/7 for the next 3 years and we'd still be behind.

(I'm looking at you ABC intelligence agencies, especially Clapper lying to congress RE: NSA incidental collection of domestic SIGINT)

Of course, once the government legislates felonies for lying to the American people, my attitude will change. Until that point, Doctor heal thyself @ USGOV

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Thanks, and good night.

Good night.
Thanks

Night.
Well done for being a hypocrite, as usual.

I feel you haven't made progress.
Thanks.

Haha. Insults.
...and that's the ball game.
Thank you sooo much.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join