It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Movies...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Mars Attacks still makes me laugh though...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
While there are some really crappy super cheesy ufo/alien movies I think youre missing the point of Mars Attacks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Mars Attakcs was actually developed from a series of pulp trading cards from the fifties that came out during the hey day of sort of the alien ufo b-movie cold war thing.

The movie was supposed to be cheesy and campy and over the top and stupid and all those things that it was. I for one think it's one of the funniest alien movies of all time.

Right you are Spiderj! In addition to that, there's a modern spin. Instead of a 'fear and ignorance' policy with our neighboring planetary inhabitants, we adopt a compassionate, diplomatic approach. We make the assumption that these creatures of superior intelligence had gotten that way through cooperation and understanding of other lifeforms in the universe. Then we all fry!
Life is funny that way. Ah geez.... gotta love Tim Burton films...

Originally posted by Spiderj
Other funny alien movies to consider are Galaxy Quest...

Woot!

[edit on 16-2-2005 by saint4God]

[edit on 16-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am suprised nodbody mentioned the movie, "The Andromeda Strain", as it is in fact about an alien microbe from space. In regards to the selection of "Fire in the Sky", I saw this movie when I was 6 years old, and I was fairly sure it traumatized me. I had nightmares about being abducted for at least the next 5 years. I have since gotten over it, but wish I hadn't seen it at such an impressionable age.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A movie really interesting would be a movie with the John Titor story!

Is it in pre-production?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
how u forget THEY LIVE AND PREDATOR 1

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What about the film K-PAX?

I thought this was a great film and Kevin Spacey played it well!!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A movie really interesting would be a movie with the John Titor story!

Nah, nobody would ever believe that. It's too 'out there' even for Hollywood.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Then we all fry! Life is funny that way. Ah geez.... gotta love Tim Burton films...

Yeah Tim Burton Rocks! And who said They Live? I can't believe we all forgot about that one, one of the best movies of all time period, worth every penny just for the fight scene behind the bank! Man that kicked ass.

And has anyone mentioned that other John Carpenter classic The Thing? If so sorry, if not then what about the thing, that kicked ass too.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I loved the movie and series when it was out.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That one was super freaky, total shock therapy when they aired it originally on tv. I was surprised.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
here's one that Im sure some of you have never seen. the last time i watched this movie was about 10 years old.

Brother from Another Planet

Joe Morton plays an extraterrestrial whose spaceship crashes in New York Harbor. When he swims ashore, he finds that most of Harlem is filled with earthlings who look just like him. He can't speak, but he quickly learns to communicate; he also finds ways to understand these strange, quarrelsome creatures, who seem to talk forever without really saying much. Sayles is at his economic best, drawing a touchingly complex performance from the silent Morton and good acting from a strong supporting cast of mostly unknowns.

------

Brother from Another Planet centers on a black escaped slave from a faraway planet (Joe Morton) who finds himself on the mean streets Harlem. Though the locals are put off by the slave's inability to speak, they are won over by his technical wizardry. He is adopted as a "brother" by his new friends, who protect him from pursuing white aliens played by director Sayles and David Strathairn. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

[edit on 21-2-2005 by enrage]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned invasion of the body snatchers yet? The black and white one is the best, the mid-seventies one is soso.

Invasion of the body snatchers scared the begesus out of me.

Also, TommyKnockers, the book is better but the mini-series is okay.

And of course some of the best twilight zone episodes were sci-fi based.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just saw The Forgotten, it was really well done. It wasn't necessarily based on a particular incident, but it has embedded in it a few of the ideas of aliens and why they are here. I enjoyed it hope you do too!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just got back to reading this thread. Thanks everyone who gave me suggestions on which movies are good, bad, etc....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
much of the technology in star-trek and star-wars is possible and the military is probably working with much of that type of stuff now.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaso109
much of the technology in star-trek and star-wars is possible and the military is probably working with much of that type of stuff now.

do you have any proof? sounds kinda interesting....I want to walk around with a light saber and ride on those hover-bikes through the woods

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Babylon 5 had one of the more nightmarish first contact scenarios in sci-fi...for another good first contact nightmare, read Timothy Zahn's Conqueror's series.

And Communion dosen't count as a 'true story', as the author himself admitted it was a hoax.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Nobody remembers one named "Sphere"?? Old thing (20 yrs?) and I don't remember a lot about it, but basically a boat staff is investigating on a perfect metallic sphere lying in the sands by x,000 ft depth, of origin unsure (that is extraterrestrial), and which made a whole boat (or just its staff?) disappear. For what I remember it was not really good though, but I thought you might be interested also. I think it is based on a book of the same name.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I got one

I think it was called "Mars or Mission to Mars" released like 5 years ago.

Darn I don't remeber the name?

Where the astronuants go into the face on Mars and are confronted by an alien and then the alien shows a scence on how Mars was destoyed and how the Inhabitants of Mars jump on Spaceships and colonized the Earth...and so forth!!!!!

Also the Alien shows some intresting thing about the Human DNA.

That was a good one!!!!

[edit on 13-3-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
"V" is great, my favorite. The special effects kind of look cheesy now though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join