It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Movies...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Curious to find out if there are any GOOD movies out that are based on a true story about an alien abduction or anything related to aliens in general. *doesn't have to be based on a true story; just a plus*

The only movie I've seen is Fire in the Sky and that was garbage.

Awaiting responses from ya'll....Thanks guys!

[edit on 2/13/2005 by Its_True_I_Promise]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, there's:

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind" - arguably a favorite UFO movie of all time, said by many to be loosely based on the Holloman AFB landing story.

"E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" - as one rumor goes, it's rumored that Reagan, during the White House screening of ET, leaned over to Speilberg and whispered that only a few people outside the room knew how true it was (rumor only of course)...

The "Taken" TV miniseries is pretty good....(gets a little weird in the end, but until that point, involves much of the commonly accepted UFO folklore, but keep in mind, it is entirely fictional).

"V" TV miniseries is excellent. Not based on a true story, but an interesting illustration of a possible first contact scenario, and extremely well done. Icke fans will go ga ga over it, hehe....

Just a few off the top of my head, and all are available in DVD or Video...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Fire In The Sky
Roswell
Communion

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
And if you're a fan of the older movies there's 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
And if you're a fan of the older movies there's 'The Day the Earth Stood
Still'.

Did you read it though....

"based on a true story about an alien abduction or anything related to aliens in general."

JAK

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"V" TV miniseries is excellent. Not based on a true story...

Yes. Yes that's right. Just a story. Not true at all, just a story. Nothing to see here, move along.

Hello? Who? David Icke. Umm, no. tell him I'm out.

*Wrestles with code*
    *Code wins*
Jack

[edit on 13/2/05 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, on could argue the parallel of V to Nazi Germany....

He did say "alien related in general", so the other suggestions are equally valid...

I can think of quite a few such movies, but I'll try and go through and weed out some other suggestions....

EDIT: Some additions...(none based on a true story)

Flight of the Navigator - Cheesy 80's flick, but good depiction of the UFO type that changes shape, door melds, etc.

Independence Day - plot holes you can drive a Mack truck through, but still entertaining, and an interesting first contact/invasion scenario...

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Classic, one of the best of the old 50's sci-fi fare...

War of the Worlds - Another classic, soon to be remade by Spielberg... Based of course, on the story Orson Welles used in his radio broadcast which caused a mass hysteria...

Signs - Looking past the "water kills the aliens" bit, it was still pretty well done.

Coccoon - Entertaining flick, friendly aliens and Atlantis connections.

Contact - Big let down at the end, but a great depiction of SETI and what it could mean.

Starman - Excellent film. A crashed alien tries to get to a rendezvous point, chased by G-men, etc.

The Arrival - An ok flick, interesting idea, and a new take on alien type...good for the UFO's behind things in govt. crowd.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
DOnt forget little ole independense day, and stargate, not to mention the first 6 star trek movies, or star wars movies (the original trilogy)

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, I was trying to think of more "realistic" movies showing interaction between aliens and the modern era world, versus abject sci-fi or future times, etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I started a thread of a similar topic a while ago, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sorry to "hijack" a topic. Any good Alien Documentaries out there that you know of? Even if they are proven to be bunk they are still fun to watch.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Speaking of older movies, based on true stories. I don't think you could consider it true but based on conspiracy theres:

Philielphia Experiment, not truly ufo but quasi. A movie called Hanger 18 (or 13 can't remember which sorry). And of course a classic from the late seventies Capricorn One about a faked mission to mars.

Though not based on true story I was also going to say Starman cuz it's a great flick but Gazrok stole my Starman thunder.

Spiderj

[edit on 2/13/2005 by Spiderj]

[edit on 2/13/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
Curious to find out if there are any GOOD movies out that are based on a true story about an alien abduction or anything related to aliens in general.

Hi! There is a thread on this topic already listing some great movies. Here is the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: Sorry Meteor_of_war didn't see your post before I posted.

[edit on 2/13/2005 by diana]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
Curious to find out if there are any GOOD movies out that are based on a true story about an alien abduction or anything related to aliens in general. *doesn't have to be based on a true story; just a plus*

The only movie I've seen is Fire in the Sky and that was garbage.

Awaiting responses from ya'll....Thanks guys!

Fire In The Sky is a great movie, Damn aliens scared me first time I saw it.

"War Of the Worlds" Its an awesome but cheesy to modern day standards. But just wait the remake is coming out in July MUWAHWOAHW WITH TOM CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the X-Files guys......The truth is out there.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Can I add something to this topic if you don't mind.

I find having moives about UFO is actually a kick right into the gut of everyone who believes in alien.My reason for saying this is because..well,let's take this example:

(Characters are fictional)
Bushy: Dude,I believe we're being watch by aliens!!!
Kerry-me: Dude,you watch too much UFO movies.
Bushy: Doh!(Homer Simpsons style)

Get what I'm trying to say?

[edit on 14/2/05 by Heartagram]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well, the original movie ALIEN has realism to it.
The original PREDATOR.
The ABYSS.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

DOnt forget little ole independense day, and stargate, not to mention the first 6 star trek movies, or star wars movies (the original trilogy)

wow i bet he never heard of those!

anything that is a little less mainstream??? i have seen all the movies that were mentioned here.

The best scifi-flick is without doubt event horizont, but you dont see regular aliens more a anomaly.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
My scariest alien movie is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." I was terrified as a little girl watching the original 1950s version and cried to sleep with my brothers afterward. But it was the psychological implications of the 1980s version that gripped me with fear.

After the movie, a collective hush fell over the audience. Looking over our shoulders, we walked nervously to our cars. I honestly remember feeling privy to some very real conspiracy, a warning masked as entertainment. No other movie ever came close to scaring me in such a way until X Files. (I own all nine seasons! )

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The Forgotten is a pretty good movie about UFO's and aliens. Kinda freaky at times too.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I saw a movie late one night on HBO called "Wavelength", it was a mediocre UFO/Alien type movie. I really liked the soundtrack - turns out it was composed by Tangerine Dream, one of my favorites...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join