It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocksmith Video Making

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Wow! Lots of subscribers.
I will check some of his vids out tomorrow.

Can I post a video here or is that against T&C?

My first one was with a GoPro and my second has two angles using my GoPro and my iPhone.
A couple of Pink Floyd songs. They were requests from friends.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm not at all interested in monetizing this. It's just a pasttime. I love guitar. Love it, it's what I do whenever I have free time.

I watch a lot of videos.

I've been playing for a couple of decades, the video game (rocksmith) is new to me. I found it because of my video watching. I love it.

I'd just like to be able to record and have those bragging rights...
I'm not looking for a money-maker, just having fun.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

His camera and editing skills are the bees knees. I still don't know what the point of his show is, but he's damn good at moving and getting stuff done.

Sure you can post a video... it's up to the mods to remove it if it crosses the line. Just take a step, and go... debating the if's, and's, and but's are only holding us back!

See, you already have a GoPro and have an edited video... that makes me a bit envious, and I will be learning a ton from you I bet!

Lets see it... there's no better time than now!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Great one!. I've been working on Metropolis pt.1 some.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here it is.
There are some obvious mistakes but at least it's something.

Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

Great one!. I've been working on Metropolis pt.1 some.

haha...good luck brother, pull that one off and I can hate you too!

ETA: I mean....GODDAMN.....!!! c'mon!

edit on 12/2/2017 by Admitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Like I said, investing in yourself is the main goal. it sounds lie something that you'd be happy to wake up for, if someone called you to ask some questions about it. Not many people find that element that sparks them in life, and it would be a shame to waste opportunity by trying to predict the potential outcomes.

There's a principle called Kaizen... it means 'change for the better.' It's premise is to spend at least one minute a day working towards what you love. The removal of expectations creates a lack of falling short... next thing we know, those minutes added up to many many hours of accrued knowledge.

These posts are my Kaizen... I feel better after I type here. Just the other week, I met a person who loves wood work and plays a lot of guitar too. They took to what I am saying, I introduced that person to a guitar builder friend I worked with prior, and who knows where their new friendship has gone. I wouldn't be shocked to not find that person employed by their recent employer. That person had 2 separate hobbies, yet never thought to combine to the two.

Maybe you open the first Rocksmith / e music competiton arena, or film other doing it? It's about that next step not being too delayed... not what you step in that counts.

OK, well I have been fasting all day and have peaked my daily typing limit for the day. I will check back for a video soon... I hope to watch one. Best wishes!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That you? If so, bravo!

That's a groovy bitch. Great tune.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Here is my second one I made. Another Pink Floyd tune. Starts really slow. But it was a request.
I love Pink Floyd but i'm a metal head by nature. Lots of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament etc...
In this one, I utilize 2 cameras. I had fun trying to sync them up. Took some practice.

If you look in the lower right corner, my Eddie Van Halen shoes are laying there.

Btw, I have since cleaned my office.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Hey man...excuse my being non-chalant (i'm drinking, it's the weekend)...

On one hand you sound like an info-mercial. On the other, you speak truth.

The removal of expectations creates a lack of falling short...

I don't suspect that anyone could say that better. That is truth. You mention a minute a day and how that adds up. Absolutely. I'd play 3-4 hours a day if I could. When I start having dreams of playing, I know I'm involved...

Thanks for your posts...at first, I wasn't sure about you...lol...but, you're all good. Very thoughtful.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ditto!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hell yeah dude! And those slip-ons! Yeah!

This video is better than any rocksmith vid. This is the type I watched way before I knew about rocksmith. Very cool and very good. I love seeing a metalhead holding back with that bah-da-dah-dah-da-dum...bah-bah....bvvvv....

I know you want to just destroy that m'f'er....

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yeah. It's just begging for some sweep arpeggio's

Ive got one of me playing the rhythm to "Moth into Flame" by Metallica on an acoustic somewhere. Really poor quality audio though. Did that one, Spit out the bone by Metallica and then YYZ by Rush. I was listening to songs on YouTube and just jamming to whatever on Facebook live for my niece.

I cant find the videos other than on Facebook. Maybe I can download them or rip them.
edit on 2-12-2017 by abago71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Self taught on guitar and your limits are exactly what you set them to be. If you don't dedicate time and truly enjoy it you'll continue to flounder. Believe I'm yourself, break a song into pieces and slowly put it together. After a while it becomes muscle memory, then you can tweak, improve, and expound on your techniques. Then move to your next fav song, and after a while your skill will snowball...and your confidence will too! Best of Luck!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well, I love my life of being a full out contradiction to what is the standard. When I see masses moving one way, I will be found marching the opposite direction. As much as I don't participate in traditions and normalcy's I still and will always treat people as I would want them to treat my child. Of course that means I may say something that rubs others the wrong way, but I have no problems with that, as my intentions remain pure and I wouldn't mind if another person made the comments I made to a child of my own.

I woke up today, and wondered if I'd find your video here today. I'll still be reading for additions, but waiting for the addition of your video mainly. I always enjoy seeing people take their hobbies and turn them into more and more time spent on them.

You're by no means doing anything wrong by not posting a video or spending more and more time playing music... what makes you happy is way more important than what anybody else may say is better for you... only you can answer that. I'd just be happy to see the videos you make and the progress of both the music and video/sound quality. It's already clear that you'd be happy doing it.

I will post the guitar player that makes me envious... I swear this dude is like a musical messiah or something. There's a chance that this man is responsible for the Dos Equis commercials we see so much.

Best Wishes!

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

My brother recommended OBS for recording Rocksmith videos.
Here is a link.
I will let you know how it goes.

Open Broadcaster Software

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Cool. Thanks. I can't right now but I will give it a go, haven't seen or tried this one!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join