It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocksmith Video Making

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Please help me out ATS!

I've been playing Rocksmith for a couple of years now. I've bought wayyyy too many songs. I'm completely addicted and not very good.

But! I now have a week off of work (it's good and it's bad at the same time) and I've been watching videos of people playing things I can't ever hope for.

But! I want to make a video too.

But! I don't know how to do that. I've found tutorials and software to record what is on my computer screen but how do I superimpose my "skills" over top of the rocksmith screen?

Like this guy:

But! I have time off - it's saturday morning and that dog's hair is quite good...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Admitted
I have over 1000 hours on Rocksmith. Lotsa fun.
I have been thinking of doing the same.
Ive made a few guitar videos but none with overlays like that.
Interested to see how it's done myself.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

just a guess, maybe he just video records himself playing then using video editing software overlays the two vids into the same layer with some transparency on the screencapture layer,

is what id do.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Christ... I thought this was going to be a cool video about making statues out of rock of some sorts and I find a guitar e league?

At least the guy in the video was smart enough to monetize his hobby by letting the rest of us envy at how coordinated of a thumb twiddler he is.

It's so weird how if that video were not supported by the trail to follow along with, that nobody would question the greatness of those guitar skills. Add a little lip syncing/guitar syncing to the mix and those talents seem like a fraud, but obviously it takes skills to achieve that VR platinum score.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
LOL

Thanks for the responses all, not what I wanted but I guess I'm not alone.

Yeah this s.o.b. is better than I'll likely ever be. I just want to know how he makes the video - and he isn't alone, there are a ton of youtube vids of people with this exact setup in rocksmith.

I don't even want to post myself publicly - I just want to rub it in a few friends faces.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Cool, please let me know if you find a way to do this...it's an odd day when I can't figure out something like this via google.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Yeah, it's the overlay that I don't know how to do. Maybe I need some software I don't have or isn't freely available?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Christ... I thought this was going to be a cool video about making statues out of rock of some sorts and I find a guitar e league?

At least the guy in the video was smart enough to monetize his hobby by letting the rest of us envy at how coordinated of a thumb twiddler he is.

It's so weird how if that video were not supported by the trail to follow along with, that nobody would question the greatness of those guitar skills. Add a little lip syncing/guitar syncing to the mix and those talents seem like a fraud, but obviously it takes skills to achieve that VR platinum score.

I hate the guy. I don't know him, but I hate him...at the same time, if it wasn't for people like him I wouldn't be so hell-bent at getting better in my playing.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

How can a bystander of that video not be envious of the guy that was smart enough to cut his head out of the video?

He got to the level he did, by ignoring the others who do it... digging in and probably spending endless hours of which you may only have a free Saturday to play around. His subconscious behaviors also led him to take the 'keeping up with the Jones' ' mentality, to document this rare talent he spent time on, and monetize it... with all the people that envy the skill to provide a revenue stream to the guy, for all of time, for as long as the interwebs offers a click/pay system.

It's not a knock on you, because I am envious of the guy too. Here we are wasting key strokes to essentially type to ourselves since none of us will next to never meet in real life. I'm not getting paid to type here, but ATS is making money on it... I don't hate them though... it's our own stupidity in action to hold anothers talents and skills with a negative opinion of them.

Most disturbances of the outer stem from the inner. Either show us the video to compare your skills now on a guitar game along with the progress in 30 days or please contact that guitar player's video and tell him how bad ass of a thumb twiddler he is. Don't be a Debbie Gibson Downer!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or sincere.
Are you by chance a "Thumb Twiddler"?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh hell, he put in the work, no doubt. If he is somehow monetizing on this, good for him. Playing local bars doesn't get you much beyond a tab.

I've no negative opinion of the guy...not at all...my hatred is purely based on "I can't do that yet and he can"...

I'd love to show you all a video. It's why I posted this. I want to know how to make one...like this:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I don't have the patience to learn musical instruments... I have always been envious of those who craft hand eye coordination with such levels. I also feel its a skill to record skills, share them on the webs, and collect income from skills. This guy showed both, so yes I am honestly envious of that person.

I feel its a flaw to be negative towards another's earned skills... that's all. This thread ends up reading as a complaint session I feel.

When I witness someone holding back from setting their own limits of talent by comparing them to another's I feel compelled to say "get over it and do something about it already". That's why I hope to watch a 2nd video that shows the OP's skills currently... with the added hopes that there's an improvement video in 30 days or so. I subscribe to threads... I keep up with them.

Maybe my words are the motivation needed to get off one's ass and just get it done, and the OP has a guitar e league business that blooms from actually doing something and documenting it?

I am not donating verbal pixels here because I am getting paid... I just call things as I see them. Stopping to dwell on the value of my words is just another form of 'keeping up with the Jones'.' Even these words from me are a form of cognitive dissonance that I speak of, and that's why I am envious of anyone who ignores all that stuff and just provides results.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I would gladly watch your videos if you make them.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I agree on the recording aspect requiring skills! I also agree on the motivation part and monetization etc...
I look forward to hearing about the OP's progress.
edit on 2-12-2017 by abago71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Thanks man, if i figure out how they will be here

I'd just do the screen cap type but, that could be anyone - you know? Still hoping to find someone with an answer for that - hopefully not expensive software-type answer.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Are you familiar with Customs Forge?
Its a site for Rocksmith players. They have tutorials on making the videos.
It has a large database of custom made songs for the game.
Great community!

CustomsForge

I use the same username there.
edit on 2-12-2017 by abago71 because: added last line.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Well, you want to create media... that's a great thing. You don't know what it will be yet, but you should get the camera that can get it started.

Well, forget the guitar aspect... show us a video that is your content. In 30 days, add a video that has layers of some sorts to prove to us AND YOURSELF that you're capable of this. This is easy stuff... Genchi Genbutsu!!!

Once we get the results here, we will move to show you how to monetize it. Maybe your youtube channel is the journey of learning to be a pro videographer? The content will steer itself... you should just start doing it instead of talking about it.

Honestly, if there is something I can do to help you learn this, then name it... I will do what I can. My business is the business of helping others learn that the INNER us is way more talented than we may have initially thought.

I am learning this too... I am buying the cameras to start video in the coming weeks. I will be on air on the webs by mid 2018 hopefully. I am going through this journey too. Investing in yourself would be the single best investment you could ever make!

Who knows... maybe we can pair up sometime and create something?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I recently started a YouTube channel for guitar videos. I had the intent of teaching how to play songs. I have found that I do not have the time required to make it up to my standards right now.
I have posted a few of me playing though.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Check out a youtuber named Casey Neistat... I have been learning the most videography knowledge from him so far.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Just recently got in there, yes. Found a Dream Theater track that is superbly done. Got a bunch of others too. Bless that Cherub Rock.

I haven't read much into their forums, probably a better bet than here...lol...thanks again. I'm same name there too.

ETA: this one (screencap type vid):

edit on 12/2/2017 by Admitted because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join