It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate passes tax reform bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
I just read the main points in the fake news network and even as negative as they wanted to portray it, it will benefit me more, thank you Mr. President!!!

I suggest everyone take a very close look and see exactly how YOU will end up fiscally instead of listening to the FAKE NEWS given out by the libtard media...

I did.

I lose health care.
I lose any opportunity to ever attend grad school.
My parents lose health care.
My taxes remain mostly stable.
My out of pocket expenses increase, not just because I have to cover myself with a pre existing condition, but I'll have a very sick mother to also cover.

This bill puts me in a much worse situation, one that I can't actually afford. And for all of that... we gain trillions to the deficit, and potentially even more if the dynamic scoring (aka enron accounting) predictions were too optimistic.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I can pay my bills. I just didn't need less to work with. And that is not what was promised by Trump.

ETA. We applied for help while he was in hospital. We got 2000 toward bill. I still have thousands and it isn't over.
edit on 2-12-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
While it's understood the UK hasn't been an economic power for a long, long time. Sitting there and not comparing the Corporate tax tare of, say, the UK vs the corporate tax rate of the US and other nations is where you go off the rails.

I wonder at the unemployment rate is currently in the UK?? Yes, there will be more profit for business.

Which we have ZERO problem with. Shocking?? Cut the 'evil' profit levels and you cut jobs. Increase the competitiveness with what every other nation has done to protect the business community to wit,low tax corporate tax rates and HIGH INCOME TAX RATES.

So you lefties have already been screwed, personal tax-wise and the U.S. citizens no quite as much.So now the US will increase jobs and as a result wages and the average citizen will profit as well as corporations.

Gee, that's terrible. LMAO

The major businesses are all on record, this tax cut will not increase wages or jobs. It's going 100% to shareholders.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
And for everyone complaining about "they dumped this 500 page bill with no time to read it" that's purposefully misleading. The vast majority of those 500 pages didn't change. All they had to read were the changes. You just got lied to by the media and some of your representatives if they led you to believe they didn't know one word of those 500 pages before last night.

They couldn't do that. They were hand writing the changes in, in scribbles that no one could read. Those scribbles say whatever the Senators in question want them to say when it comes time to officially write things up again.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Yep, Im an average American householder as well, and we are going to save 4k/year from what I have surmised, plus the process doesnt appear like its going to take the entire Saturday and part of Sunday to complete, nor will we have to pay huge money for preparation software etc...

If you're saving 4k/year, you're not an average American. The bottom 54% pay more taxes as a result of this change. By definition you're above average if you're getting anything back. As far as paying for software goes, not enough changes to really change that.

Then there's the inflationary side of this bill which will basically eliminate any savings you do wind up with.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Or that all the democrats voted against it
(sentence cut off by Vector00)

That was expected no matter what. The bill could have included a cure for cancer and dems would have voted it down because 'Trump'

The democrats voted against it because their appeal for more time to study it was denied. It was dumped in their laps late just before the vote, altered (scribbled over), by the Republicans, intentionally so they wouldn't have time to review the changes.

Just like you cut off my sentence so others couldn't see it. Because you did that...

I don't believe your taxes are going down or that you are 'average' either. How could you be if you're for this tax and debt increase.

But anyway, show us the pay stub difference or sit_back_down.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FatSoldier
a reply to: Vector99

No pain, no gain. Less taxation will initially increase increase deficit, but after that economy grows and deficit is reduced.

That is not how it works at all. It's a mathematical impossibility for cuts to grow the economy enough to make up for reduced revenues. That's why this bill isn't even attempting to do that. It's giving the wealthy a huge break and making everyone elses taxes go up to compensate.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I have a question.

If the left's opinion that rich people and corporations dont pay taxes now is true, why would they want this tax cut?

Derp, because any tax is too much for them, same with tariffs, employee wages, work safety, etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Wow...your literally imagining problems now...

Obama raised the deficit 10 trillion, this bill at it's worst, without spending cuts is a maybe 1.9 trillion after 10 years.

Reduce government and total irresponsible spending, and everyone wins.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Might be good to look for a cheaper country to live in?

1.4 tril in 10yrs?!!!

no one remember the 10 tril obama ran up in 8 yrs?

That's 1.4 trillion in addition to everything else. Trump is a spender, not counting this bill he's already ran up 3 trillion in debt this year.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Show me your math please, you sound like you have really torn into this

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Source?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I have a question.

If the left's opinion that rich people and corporations dont pay taxes now is true, why would they want this tax cut?

It's not a cut, it's a redistribution. It's a windfall for the wealthy (reducing their already low rates even lower) while making the poor and middle class pay for it... which is going to be a disaster because the poor and middle class don't have any worthwhile taxable incomes in the first place.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ATSAlex
I just read the main points in the fake news network and even as negative as they wanted to portray it, it will benefit me more, thank you Mr. President!!!

I suggest everyone take a very close look and see exactly how YOU will end up fiscally instead of listening to the FAKE NEWS given out by the libtard media...

I did.

I lose health care.
I lose any opportunity to ever attend grad school.
My parents lose health care.
My taxes remain mostly stable.
My out of pocket expenses increase, not just because I have to cover myself with a pre existing condition, but I'll have a very sick mother to also cover.

This bill puts me in a much worse situation, one that I can't actually afford. And for all of that... we gain trillions to the deficit, and potentially even more if the dynamic scoring (aka enron accounting) predictions were too optimistic.

No you don't.

This isn't repealing obamacare, and you are just flat out lying.

link   

Wow...your literally imagining problems now...

Obama raised the deficit 10 trillion, this bill at it's worst, without spending cuts is a maybe 1.9 trillion after 10 years.

Reduce government and total irresponsible spending, and everyone wins.

There's no where to reduce government. And even if there were, why should we? Anything we give away gets taken over by a private enterprise where I have no say in how it's run. The government has to adhere to laws that corporations don't, and I can vote people in and out of power. With private enterprise I have no such ability.

If less government was good, then Somalia would be a world powerhouse with their minimal government.

link   

Oh really? Not average? 7 years ago, we lost everything.

We moved across country so I could get my wife and newborn insured whilst I lived in a tent in subzero weather building a house in the Berkshires.

I took no handouts, worked 3 jobs, kept working until I landed the best job I've ever had and now people like yourself are telling me I have it made....

No, I MADE IT HAPPEN

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Source?

The national debt was 18 trillion when Obama left office, it's now 21 trillion.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh really? Not average? 7 years ago, we lost everything.

We moved across country so I could get my wife and newborn insured whilst I lived in a tent in subzero weather building a house in the Berkshires.

I took no handouts, worked 3 jobs, kept working until I landed the best job I've ever had and now people like yourself are telling me I have it made....

No, I MADE IT HAPPEN

Why should I have to work 2 or 3 jobs? From a quality of life standpoint that's absolute BS. Go look at other developed countries, people don't have to do that in order to have their needs met. I have the same expectation for every person in the US.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
This isn't repealing obamacare, and you are just flat out lying.

It repeals the individual mandate, which is the only thing keeping insurance prices as low as they are. Once the insurance pool shrinks, prices will skyrocket.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Um, the prices already sky rocketed...and I got to pay for it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join