It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate passes tax reform bill

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: face23785

I can read the script as well as you can. I cannot understand the real world implications...in laymans terms.

Can anyone break it down for me? Seems a bit perfunctory.

I don't understand it, so....hopefully those passing it do...?

Under the Senate bill here are some examples:

A family of 4 (2 kids under 17) and are low-income earning $25000 and pay ZERO federal tax today you'll actually still be better off by $100.

A family of 4 (2 kids under 17) and are mid-income earning $75000 and pay $3,983 federal tax today you'll actually get a >50% reduction and now pay $1,739

A family of 4 (2 kids under 17) and are high-income earning $175000 and pay $24,414 federal tax today you'll actually get a c15% reduction and now pay $21,319

The rich are getting much lower percentage reductions, with the big reductions going to the middle class, corporations and small business.

Now the liberal spin comes from the fact that the smaller percentage reductions for higher earners are a higher dollar amount than the much larger percentage reductions for the middle class, which is obvious and trying to change that would mean zero tax cuts for the higher earners and the creation of a system whereby a small percentage of the US paid >95% of the federal taxes whilst the vast majority in America paid little to nothing... a system that would destroy the country once and for all.

Now all that's left is for high local/state tax states citizens to demand answers from their local/state governments on why it is that they have to pay such high local and state taxes while the rest of the country get by just fine with lower taxes?

link   
a reply to: MOMof3

How about America stop arming people all over the world to fight wars so it has the money for infrastructure for a change?

link   

How about you quit acting like you care?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Do you have a problem with books?

Nope, as long as they contain real information. I gave up comic books a long time ago.

No they aren't. Just about anyone can follow a proper budget. The only hard item is rent but that's usually doable if you downgrade your housing standard.

Fine. Enjoy your lessons.

I was filing all that under either discretionary or savings depending on the item because I was summarizing the budget.

It sounds more like you were dreaming more than summarizing.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Don't you mean there to help YOU? After all, that's all I have heard from you up until now... ME ME ME. I'M not going to be able to go on to grad school (a lie). I'M going to have to pay for my own insurance. I'M going to lose my insurance (another lie).

It's there to help everyone. It's your choice if you want to take advantage of that help or not, but don't disparage those that do. I would rather not wind up being 55 years old with a bad heart, no insurance, an incomplete education, no relevant work experience, and below the poverty line. What has all your hard work up to this point gotten you?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FatSoldier

Unless you are rich, there is a lot to be infuriated about in the bill.

But the thing that bothers me most of all is the public financing of tax cuts for the wealthiest. We are increasing the deficient so rich people have more money. Let that sink in.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

But the thing that bothers me most of all is the public financing of tax cuts for the wealthiest. We are increasing the deficient so rich people have more money. Let that sink in.

The middle class are getting bigger cuts than the high earners.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: obeseman

I’m all for that. Think you can convince the president and Republican Congress?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's there to help everyone. It's your choice if you want to take advantage of that help or not, but don't disparage those that do.

Let's translate from your purty words into plain English, shall we?

"Not my fault you're left out in the cold. I got what I wanted, and you're just an old guy."

Nice to see your true feelings come out.

And I have my degree. I have two awesome kids. I've made my mark on this world. I've had two full careers wherein I topped out both times. If I drop dead tomorrow, I will have lived more in my life than you could do in 3 lives. So save your sympathy for someone who has contributed nothing yet, and who can't seem to get their first career off the ground without getting bogged down in fantasy... in other words, YOU.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
"Not my fault you're left out in the cold. I got what I wanted, and you're just an old guy."

That's not what I said. You are reading way too much into this.

Oh, and if you topped out in two careers, where did that get you? Topping out to me means you're innovating the industry and a CEO of a large company in that sector. Pretty sure you didn't do that. You just drove a truck. I don't think you topped out because only one person in each company can actually do that.
edit on 3-12-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

They are all controlled by the evil military industrial complex which profits from wars.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: nwtrucker

The individual cuts expire after a couple years... no permanent jobs are being created there.
'

Nothing is permanent. Never has been. Let's see the Dems voting against continuing the lowered rate when the population sees personal gains from them.

One step at a time.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Again, the country is financing tax cuts for the rich. Peanuts for the middle class do not negate that fact. We are taking on more debt so the people who have more money than they can count will have more to hoard.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don’t pass laws or make policy. How about that trillion dollar infrastructure bill trump promised if you are interested in a job?

Yes. That's frustrating. Dealing with the republican elite that control the Legislative is problematic for Trump.

Personally, I don't care for Trump's solution for the infrastructure. I prefer using the gas and fuel tax revenues to be mandated directly to infrastructure. That would end the problem...permanently.

Can't have that, can we.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What doesn't sink in is business is what finances those programs that help people.

No revenue and no money to pay for programs. This is not rocket science.

Yes, the wealthy will benefit from corporate tax cuts. They're gonna benefit whether they invest in China, India or wherever. That's what they do. That's what I or you would do if we had the wealth.

We have wiped out the U.S.'s wealth. Period.

We need to re-create that U.S. wealth to pay for all the programs.

The only way to do that is create incentive to invest/return/expand in the U.S.. That makes jobs. Which makes more tax revenues for the Gov't.

There is no other way. Simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yeah I'm totally furious about my tax cut and the fact almost everyone I know gets a tax cut under either plan. I suspect most of the people pissed off simply can't do the analysis to find out if they're actually gonna save. Once TurboTax does it for you you'll be happy.

Hint: I don't know any rich people
edit on 3 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Again, the country is financing tax cuts for the rich. Peanuts for the middle class do not negate that fact. We are taking on more debt so the people who have more money than they can count will have more to hoard.

If you like you can keep lying - your choice. You can even say 'again' each time you lie if you like. Your lies won't matter thought when middle-class people all over America start seeing more money in their pockets each month.
The biggest personal cuts are for the middle class.
edit on 3/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well it’s never happening now after giving away a trillion and half.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That's not what I said. You are reading way too much into this.

Oh, am I?

You start spouting off absolute lies that are refuted directly by the bill itself, continue after I point out the exact section that refutes you, then state openly you are too good to actually read the bill, then start complaining how these lies you believe are going to somehow hurt you, in the same breath bragging about how wonderful you're doing...

And then you show an absolute disdain for anyone who doesn't game the system like you do.

You're the problem. You're the reason people are so dismissive of programs that are there to help people who need it. Even when you make it, even when you are financially sitting on top of the world compared to others, you still complain because someone else might actually see a benefit.

No, I'm not reading too much into it. If anything, I am a soft-hearted fool for believing you really misunderstood. I see the truth now: you're out for yourself and anyone else is irrelevant.

Oh, and if you topped out in two careers, where did that get you? Topping out to me means you're innovating the industry and a CEO of a large company in that sector. Pretty sure you didn't do that. You just drove a truck. I don't think you topped out because only one person in each company can actually do that.

Life changes Haus. That's what it does. just because I'm down now doesn't mean I always have been, nor that I always will be.

You assume much. I WAS CEO of a major firm in my industry... the one that was putting all the others out of business. I did that for ten years. And we were heading national, within a year of unveiling a new revolution in the industry that allowed that; I established it as an S-Corp so that it could happen. I created that business, and I revolutionized the industry.

Remember your interview? I sat in that chair on the other side of the desk from you. I asked the questions. I demanded the right answers. I watched you sweat. And I have seen people like you come and go... all dreams, no substance, just looking for someone to be Mommy and Daddy while you go along in your little fantasy world. Only I refused to hire people like that. I hired people who were willing to try, willing to take a chance, willing to be part of something bigger than they are.

Just drove a truck? Let's see you live without people "just driving a truck." Those grocery store shelves will be bare within a week (probably less). I made good coin and didn't have to come onto an internet forum to spread lies because I couldn't figure out how to budget.

You? You are a professional student, producing nothing and consuming everything in sight. You go to work every day and toil to make others wealthy, adding nothing to society, then complain that no one is adding enough to society. That bright future is going to crash down around you at some point, because you don't have the foresight and tenacity to persevere. You'll crawl back in your little safe place and beg for Mommy Government to feed you again, while the real people will pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and go again.

And in the end, you'll someday look up at a doctor's face while you're lying on an operating table, knowing that without his charity you wouldn't have made it this far, and you'll think back to this day... and you'll realize, too late, that you have wasted the most precious gift any of us have: our lives. You'll think back to the younger generation and wonder why they can't see what you do now, and realize they are blind because their teacher - you - were blind.

Me? I'm far from done. My first heart attack was in my 30s. The second was in my 40s. The last one in my 50s. I got at least 10 years before it's time for another, and I can do more in ten years with nothing than you can do in a lifetime with everything. Because I've done it before.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If you like you can keep lying - your choice. You can even say 'again' each time you lie if you like. Your lies won't matter thought when middle-class people all over America start seeing more money in their pockets each month.
The biggest personal cuts are for the middle class.

thehill.com...

The middle class will not benefit.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join