It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JARED 'is the mystery official who ordered Flynn to contact the Russians'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
America and Russia have maintained continuous diplomatic relation since the 1700s. It is never illegal to give the Russians a call, whether by incumbent officials or incoming officials. What Flynn did wrong was lying to FBI, not talking to Russians.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What did the Russians do again to make Hillary lose? I need a refresher.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Seems to me Jared Kushner is the hand that rocks the cradle , I wonder who's pulling his strings.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be fun if it was actually Obama who told Flynn to contact Kislyak?

edit on 2-12-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Let's be honest....

President Obama and his transition team also talked with foreign diplomats during his transition from being elected in 08. It is what they are supposed to do.

On a further note, i would be underimpressed with an incoming admin that did not start working towards their goals...it is called lame duck for a reason...your power is over.

All that being said, i think 1 month after election is when the new president should be installed....too much illegal shot happenes in those 3 months.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The content of the conversation and who it was with has already been reviewed and cleared as fine. This is all about catching him out on what he said he did when interviewed, not what he did.

So, if what he did was perfectly fine, why would somebody asking him to do it not be fine? Why the hooplah about who asked him?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ok I loved that. I know what are the chances but that was just cute. Let that sink in.
I'm still grinning thinking about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
not illegal to talk to russians during transition.... obama did it when he was elected... why of a sudden people are mad?

b/c people are sick with anti trump fever that clouds their rational mind...

that is why trump is gonna win in 2020.. b/c dems cant get their # transition
edit on 2-12-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What story are you talking about? THIS one? LOL

ABC News Forced by CNN to Admit "Flynn Bombshell Story" is "FAKE NEWS"

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
www.dailymail.co.uk...

President Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was the high-ranking administration official who directed Flynn to contact Russian officials, reports claim. Several sources say Ivanka's husband is the man Flynn claims ordered him to reach out to Russian officials on December 22 to discuss a United Nations resolution on Israel.

In December 2016, Obama expelled a number of Russian diplomats claiming that Russia meddled in the presidential election. That was just a month before Obama was to leave office and after the election. It could be said that Flynn's contact with the Russian Ambassador, instead of retaliation for expelling 35 Russian officials from the U.S., made Putin invite children of 35 US diplomats to Kremlin for Christmas. The contact was beneficial to America.

The question is, was Flynn's contact with Russia against the law? If Flynn could not officially contact Russia as a preparation for the incoming Administration, then even though Flynn was directed by his boss, he personally bears the responsibility for the contact, he could be indicted and found guilty. Trump can pardon him for serving the interest of USA.

ETA: The other question is if it wasn't against the law, then why did Flynn lie about it?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
The questions is, was Flynn's contact with Russia was against the law?

That's what I'd like to know and I really cannot seem to find an answer on whether Presidential transitional teams are barred from contacting foreign governments regarding potential policy during the transition period.

Why would they be?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FatSoldier

Israel has always done what the hell it wants when it wants with limited exceptions,and with most of the middle eastern powers either cozying up to them or embroiled in their own civil wars they kind of have carte blance in the region more so then usual

egypt is recovering,the saudis are sort allied with Israeli interests,syria is in a 12+ faction civil war,the kurds seems to be on their team and they supoort the kurds ,turks are distracted with the kurds ,Jordan is some what welcoming to them now,Yemen and Lebanon are in shambles ,gulf states are toeing the Saudi line,trump is pro Israeli,russia dosent seem to care out side of syria.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

From what I read, Presidential transition teams are not exempt from the Logan Act. It is to keep it so that there is only one administration conducting diplomacy at once. However, some people think the law might have to be clarified in the future.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

An incoming administration is allowed to talk to foreign governments about policy changes and what not.

Secondly the Obama admin authorized Flynn to speak to the Russians.

Transcript -
* - State Department - Daily Press Briefing - January 13, 2017

QUESTION: No, I got just one more. You probably have seen --

MR TONER: Excuse me.

QUESTION: -- reports starting yesterday, but then more of them this morning, about contact between the incoming national security advisor and the Russian ambassador. I’m just wondering, from the State Department’s point of view, is this something that’s of concern at all? Or – I’ll just leave it there and then follow up.

MR TONER: Again, not necessarily – I’ve seen the reports. I don’t think they’ve been confirmed or corroborated yet. But that’s – as he’s part of the transition team, that’s really for them to speak to in how they are engaging. I mean --

QUESTION: Right, but --

MR TONER: -- the president-elect is also engaged on his own with many world leaders.

QUESTION: Right.

MR TONER: So I don’t want to speculate and I don’t want to --

QUESTION: So there’s nothing – this building doesn’t see anything necessarily inappropriate about contact between members of the incoming administration and foreign officials --

MR TONER: No.

QUESTION: -- no matter what country they’re from?

MR TONER: No.

QUESTION: Right?

MR TONER: No. And again, this has been ongoing. I mean, we stand ready if they want to work through the State Department to contact some of these individuals, but we have no comment or no problem with them doing such on their own. 13 1/13/2017

QUESTION: Okay. Thank you.

a reply to: darkbake
A President-elect can legally speak to foreign governments prior to assuming office and it is entirely legal and appropriate. Secondly the law in question was put on the books in the late 1790's and has only been used twice. The constitutional violations the law create is why its noyl been used twice.

It violates the 1st and 5th amendments.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
I find it comical how the left keeps moving the goalposts on this supposed "Russian collusion" crusade.

They have not been able to find any evidence of Trump and the Russians working together to alter the outcome of the election...so now they are saying that he started talking to Russia (not to mention many other Countries) after he was elected, but had not yet been sworn in.

What is the expectation...that an incoming President and his team should have no contact with the outside world until the inauguration? That would be both unrealistic to expect - and it would be incompetent of a President-elect to conduct himself in this way.

Seriously Resisters, give it up!

Possible violations of the Logan Act were discussed like 8 months ago. So I'm not sure why you think this is a goalpost shift.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

There isn't much difference in policy between Obama and Trump toward Russia. Both say lift sanction on the condition Russia give Crimea back to Ukraine. Both say they will maintain diplomatic relation with Russia.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
From what I read, Presidential transition teams are not exempt from the Logan Act. It is to keep it so that there is only one administration conducting diplomacy at once. However, some people think the law might have to be clarified in the future.

Considering how minimized the Logan Act has become since the 1700's and that many feel it is un-Constitutional I don't think you would have any chance of prosecuting a transition team with that legislation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join