It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Motivation Dialog Actually Help People?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I personally have many times found the insightful words an another to be quite motivating. Even though we all already know that we need to "Do what we want", and to give ourselves support. I recently began pondering, Do speakers such as Anthony Robbins or other motivational speaker really make a change for you in your life?

This question was brought about by this video, it isn't anything special however it did grant me thought to pose the above question to you.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BStoltman
Does Motivation Dialog Actually Help People?

I feel it's a self-fulfilling type scenario, if you believe it helps you it will.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

I kind of agree with Augustus above.
My Mom loved to read inspirational quote type books and apply some of it to whatever her current situation was at the moment even though it was hopeless to a point. She enjoyed Joel Osteen, drove me nuts but, it brought her comfort and uplifted her. I think that, in those respects, her last years were easier from that if only it played a small part.
I have been enjoying Jason Silva. Not really from an 'inspirational' or 'motivational' point but I like the way he thinks and causes me to stop for a bit and think outside of my normal little box.
I do respect what Robbins does for his charity type work or projects.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I kind of agree with Augustus above.
My Mom loved to read inspirational quote type books and apply some of it to whatever her current situation was at the moment even though it was hopeless to a point. She enjoyed Joel Osteen, drove me nuts but, it brought her comfort and uplifted her. I think that, in those respects, her last years were easier from that if only it played a small part.
I have been enjoying Jason Silva. Not really from an 'inspirational' or 'motivational' point but I like the way he thinks and causes me to stop for a bit and think outside of my normal little box.
I do respect what Robbins does for his charity type work or projects.

Anything I have ever read from you is motivational In one form or another.

To answer the thread title. Yes, sometimes it can.

edit on 12/2/2017 by Tundra because: Sp.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Motivational speakers are like the wind as long as our sails are pointing in the right direction.

If you're heart isn't in it, motivational speeches do jack all. Nobody can motivate resistant disinterest.

(basically what AM says)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

You're very kind, thank you!

new topics

top topics

join