It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn's implications will be year-old news.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage you legend, your still here, fighting the good fight

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Wtf is Pence doing actually? Is he just there for domestic support or what? I often see Mr. Tillerson fulfilling the VP role overseas more than that actual VP.

The job of the VP is to break tie votes in the Senate.. and make the POTUS look good in comparison.
He has failed in the second part of the job description.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
And it would appear that ABC news is “clarifying “ their story earlier today on Mr. Flynn :

www.zerohedge.com...

The article is short,so I did not quote any of it.Plus ATS T&C rules scare me 😳

Thanks for posting this. Amazing it gets IGNORED.

So ABC got this whole $h!t storm rolling, and has many creaming
their panties thinking this is PROOF, FINALLY, that Trump colluded with Russians DURING the campaign, then prints a "correction" at the bottom of the still existing article that negates the propaganda of said article.

Here is the "clarification".

Correction: During a live Special Report, ABC News reported that a confidant of Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn said Flynn was prepared to testify that then-candidate Donald Trump instructed him to contact Russian officials during the campaign.
That source later clarified that during the campaign, Trump assigned Flynn and a small circle of other senior advisers to find ways to repair relations with Russia and other hot spots. It was shortly after the election, that President-elect Trump directed Flynn to contact Russian officials on topics that included working jointly against ISIS.

abcnews

Opinion from ZeroHedge,

Having caused chaos in financial markets briefly, set the liberal media on fire with 'I told you so's, and sparked a renewed round of #ImpeachTrump demands, ABC News issued a 'clarification' to their bombshell Flynn report that not only negates the entire story but provides President Trump with another round of ammunition to fire against the 'fake news' media.

So to clarify - just as President Trump had stated, there was no contact with Russians during his time as a candidate but in fact it was in transition as he attempted to mend broken bridges with another world super-power in his role as president-elect - this in no way a criminal act at all. In fact, reaching out to foreign governments during transitions is standard procedure.

IMPORTANT

The original tweet published by ABC News containing Ross' initial report had been retweeted more than 25,000 times and embedded in various news stories online before it was deleted.

But the clarification - issued at 7:53pmET - has just 2600 RTs...

The above is propaganda Goebbels would be proud of. Good job ABC

The celebration of fake news.

edit on 12 2 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Sort of like Ken Starr, you mean?

Thing is, in this case, there are Russian connections.

What I mean is they will charge people with crimes that have little if anything to do with aim of the investigation.

I’m not sure how having Russian connections is in any way criminal or dubious. These kind of guys have connections everywhere. It’s their job, in fact.

Are you really trying to say that nothing criminal has been done? LOL, why are there indictments? Why is bail set at 10 Million? Why will there be prison time? Oh my God, what is it going to take? When your wrong your wrong man.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Like I said new avenues of investigation will be opened up. When they refer to the tip of the iceberg what they are really referring to is the two thirds that are still under the waterline. Not visable from the surface.
That's the part we don't know. That's what Mueller is holding close to the vest. That's his arsenal.
This man is through and precise. And very very sharp.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nothing in that article shows wrong doing by trump or flynn. If I'm wrong please point out to me the crime, other than the flynn lie.

So, if nothing illegal happened Why did flynn lie about it???
That's the big question.

Maybe something illegal did happen during one of those meetings and we just haven't found out yet. But we will.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

No..lol... there are charts on line.

Unfortunately I don't know how to attach videos on this kindle.

And I know Rachel Maddow isn't all that well liked here but she lays it out. She's been accumulating these names and associations for the past year and just keeps adding to it as she goes.

www.msnbc.com...

If you're interested. Or not..

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You see photos of his original team and can put a circle with a slash through it over every face but trump and pence. Preibus gone, Spicer, gone, who was that wise cracking Italian from Brooklyn? Scaramucci? Well who ever, gone, Mike Flynn gone. Steve Bannon gone then there are lesser cabinet members who have resigned recently too. Like Tom Price.
Rats off a sinking ship.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

And no I'm certain there are more crimes and indictments to come. I didn't think I was ambiguous on that point. Maybe I was.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Fishing expeditions often yield lots of big fish.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The scope of Muellers investigation is and will be wide reaching as that was the latitude he was given.
That it's digging into a trail of corruption is not surprising. The original reason was to investigate obstruction of justice actions taken by trump. Russia was just a side dish. Congress is looking more closely at that while Mueller is emptying closets and revealing a long line of troublesome characters associated with trump and trumps shady dealings as well. And obviously he's not concerned with how far back in history he has to go.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Sounds a lot like a bird. Or as they say in Brooklyn Singin lika boid. Down on toity toid and toid .

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is gold, this coming from the hillary is going to jail crowd, stop being triggered, even after all this winning you guy have been doing, i wonder why.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He still plead guilty and his admission has Trump by the balls.. and he can't do anything now a "guilty" plea-admission has been confirmed.

He's gotta hold on to his "depends"....
.because whatever gets disclosed.. he has zero control of sworn testimony going forward... Either about family members or himself.

Great! Testimonies and guilty pleas.. Ah the suspense! Get outta all these forthcoming revelations now Grandpa D!

edit on 2-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Somebody please, tell me why this is news aside from Flynn laying to the FBI and to VP Mike Pence. Mueller got Flynn, and? There was a reason why he was fired, and to date nothing has indicated that anyone beyond Mike Flynn has put their foot in their mouth here. Today's news merely corroborates what the present administration has already said they were doing and/or had done.

Allow me to spell it out for you.

The reason the calls came into question at all was that Russia was meddling in the election to favor Trump. This has led to questions of collusion. The Obama administration imposed sanctions against Russia for the election meddling on Dec 29th. The same day, Flynn called Kislyak and told him not to worry that their boy Trump was going to take care of them once he was in office.

The following day, Putin announced that Russia would not take any action in response to the sanctions.

Two weeks later, WaPo breaks the news that Flynn had called Kislyak regarding the sanctions. To many people (not you of course) this smacks of evidence of quid pro quo. Assuming that Flynn wasn't acting on his own (which you're not ironically enough), we've got a mess of lies coming from the administration. Here's a brief timeline of some of them:

* Jan 12th, WaPo breaks story that Flynn discussed sanctions with Kislyak.

* Jan 13th, Sean Spicer denies report.

* Jan 14th, Flynn and Pence reportedly spoke about his communications with Kislyak.

* Jan 15th, Pence says Flynn calls to Kislyak had nothing to do with sanctions.

* Jan 20th, inuaguration

* Jan 23rd, Sean Spicer in his first official press briefing, lies about Flynn communications.

* Jan 24th, Flynn lies to FBI.

* Jan 26th, Sally Yates goes to the WH and warns the administration that Flynn was lying.

* Jan 27th, McGahn asks Yates to come back to WH to discuss Flynn. They agree that she'll return on Jan 30th with evidence in hand.

* Jan 30th, Yates is canned, ostensibly for not enforcing travel ban.

* Feb 7th, Flynn denies having discussed sanctions with Kislyak to WaPo reporters. The same day, GOP senators announce legislation to prevent Trump from lifting sanctions on Russia.

* Feb 8th, Flynn changes course, says he can't remember if sanctions were discussed.

* Feb 9th, WaPo story contradicts claims, citing 9 anonymous sources.

* Feb 10th, Trump claims that he doesn't know anything about Flynn situation.

* Feb 13th, Kellyanne Conway says Flynn has full confidence of Trump. WaPo breaks another story, claiming (rightly) that Trump admin has known for weeks that Flynn was lying. Flynn "resigns."

The question that you don't care to ask is why all the lying? In your cognitive dissonance you want to simultaneously believe that Flynn was doing what he was instructed to do and it was no big deal and that Flynn also lied about it to the administration which is why they all gave false statements and he was ultimately fired.

But here's the thing, the reason for the lying matters but it's not necessary to know why they lied to know that they lied. No Russian collusion needs to be present let alone proven.

He wasn't "fired" for lying. Assuming that Flynn had gone rogue and was telling Kislyak that sanctions would be lifted without having discussed this with Trump or anyone else in the administration (which defies belief), they certainly knew that he was lying weeks before he "resigned."

If for no other reason than Sally Yates told them he was.

Flynn took one for the team when the lie could no longer be sustained. Furthermore, if it turns out that Trump knew about the calls at the time and lied about it, he's now got substantial self-interest in seeing Flynn ride off into the sunset uninvestigated which makes the next part in the timeline look a lot more interesting than it already did:

* Feb 14th, Donald Trump takes Comey aside and asks him to "let it go" in reference to any possible investigation of Flynn.

Remove "collusion" from consideration and you've still got serious potential that Flynn could bolster a case for obstruction.

On a side note, I don't believe Pence at all. He also claimed on March 9th that he knew nothing about Flynn's lobbying for Turkey but it has since been confirmed that Flynn told the transition team lawyer and current White House Counsel, Donald McGahn, that he was under investigation by the FBI for his lobbying — on January 4th.

At any rate, Flynn could have been convicted on a slew of charges but instead, Mueller cut him a deal. Why? Because he has information and he's willing to give testimony that implicates a bigger fish.

It's called flipping.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see where this is likely heading. Who else has been interviewed by the FBI and asked about whether or not they had knowledge of the items that Flynn himself lied about that are named in the plea agreement?

Do you think that those people gave honest answers? While the consensus is that a sitting president cannot be indicted, that protection doesn't extend to other people — like Jared Kushner for instance. Anyone who can be proven to have lied to the FBI is therefore at risk of prosecution.

Mueller wouldn't have bothered with a deal for Flynn if Flynn's cooperation would further the investigation/case. Flynn isn't a dead end, Flynn is the bridge to the next target.

There's more to come, you know that right? Or are you in denial about that too?
edit on 2017-12-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"I WAS PROMISED TREASONOUS COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA TO STEAL THE ELECTION, NOT DIPLOMATIC GROUNDWORK BY AN INCOMING ADMIN"

-Anon twitter

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
This is gold, this coming from the hillary is going to jail crowd, stop being triggered, even after all this winning you guy have been doing, i wonder why.
Ok folks, who let Duke out again? seriously, who's opening that dam play pen??? Kurthall, silly? all eyes on you...😶

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: theantediluvian

"I WAS PROMISED TREASONOUS COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA TO STEAL THE ELECTION, NOT DIPLOMATIC GROUNDWORK BY AN INCOMING ADMIN"

-Anon twitter

Super. Unfortunately for the next person to get caught up in this, "but wait, this isn't collusion!" isn't going to be much of a defense.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The question that you don't care to ask is why all the lying? In your cognitive dissonance you want to simultaneously believe that Flynn was doing what he was instructed to do and it was no big deal and that Flynn also lied about it to the administration which is why they all gave false statements and he was ultimately fired.

But here's the thing, the reason for the lying matters but it's not necessary to know why they lied to know that they lied. No Russian collusion needs to be present let alone proven.

good recap

i have yet to get a satisfactory answer from anyone, to this: if they weren't doing anything wrong, why all the lying about it?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Nothing in that article shows wrong doing by trump or flynn. If I'm wrong please point out to me the crime, other than the flynn lie.

So, if nothing illegal happened Why did flynn lie about it???
That's the big question.

Maybe something illegal did happen during one of those meetings and we just haven't found out yet. But we will.

Heres the reality they cant show collusion if they could it would be in his indictment. People keephoping theres more thats not on the indictment. Reality is there is not because if Flynn doesnt get it on the indictment there is no immunity. He only gets immunity for whats in the indictment. He would have to be a moron if he committed a crime not to include it in the plea deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join