It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn's implications will be year-old news.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Can't be letting criminals off scot free now, can we?

Apparently it depends.

Just call it a "matter"

Righteousness blah blah blah...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

a reply to: pavil

If Flynn was a super important piece of the puzzle, wouldn't Mueller have offered immunity?

Depends on what else he has on him, I would think.

If you are going after big fish, you let the little fish go. The Left thinks they are gunning for Trump.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yeah. Like the Watergate matter.

In one of the most difficult decisions of my Presidency, I accepted the resignations of two of my closest associates in the White House, Bob Haldeman, John Ehrlichman, two of the finest public servants it has been my privilege to know. Because Attorney General Kleindienst, though a distinguished public servant, my personal friend for 20 years, with no personal involvement whatsoever in this matter has been a close personal and professional associate of some of those who are involved in this case, he and I both felt that it was also necessary to name a new Attorney General. The Counsel to the President, John Dean, has also resigned.

Semantics, right? Calling it a "matter" makes it go away. Right?

edit on 12/2/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

If Flynn was a super important piece of the puzzle, wouldn't Mueller have offered immunity?

Depends on what else he has on him, I would think.

Let's ask Comey about that with Hills......

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I can't ask Comey anything. But I'm pretty sure others can.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I'll give a hint, I need no convincing. I've not been the one grasping at straws and praying for rain here.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Did you kiss the ring? Pledge fealty?

You're safe. Maybe.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I would agree that The Clinton Lynch Comey conspiracy to
cover up her crimes is far bigger than Watergate.

Yet she couldn't resign because she lost the election!
So then Comey was fired as he stepped out of bounds.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

So then Comey was fired as he stepped out of bounds.

Indeed. He failed to pledge fealty. He failed to kiss the ring. He failed to let Flynn off the hook.

Way out of bounds.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is pretty amazing:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think it would be prudent. I hope his lawyers ( did he ever get a constitutional lawyer on his team?) are advising him to that effect.
Knowing how he loves taking advice from lawyers leaves the question wide open.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yet here you are, grasping at straws and accusing others of doing the same?

It's no secret around the internet that ATS is pretty pro-Trump. It also isn't surprising to see Trump loyalists reassuring themselves to get a little echo chamber reverberating.

*shrug*

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Ty Cobb:

“The false statements involved mirror the false statements to White House officials which resulted in his resignation in February of this year,” Cobb continued. “Nothing about the guilty plea or the charge implicates anyone other than Mr. Flynn. The conclusion of this phase of the Special Counsel's work demonstrates again that the Special Counsel is moving with all deliberate speed and clears the way for a prompt and reasonable conclusion.”

Translation: "They did it, Trump didn't." Which is a bit contrary to earlier claims. I wouldn't count on "prompt" though.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Arnie123
The embarrassing thing is, this effectively kills the entire Russian collusion fiction pulled out of their asses. He literally is in trouble over a procedural violation (lying). ironically, had he just acknowledged it, there would actually not be anything for him to be in trouble for as what he did was within his scope in the position he had.

Not sure then why he thought it prudent to eat his foot, but whatever.

Wow, you really don't get it, do you? Do you seriously think that's all they could have got him on?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Did you kiss the ring? Pledge fealty?

You're safe. Maybe.

Nope, just voted for him and can't afford the alternatives.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You misspelled "facts."

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's looking like he was being directed to by trump.
Through Jared. No rogue.
And an interesting line in the court document today is
This document does not include all the facts known by all parties...or to that effect if not exactly those words.
That's leaving an opening that Mueller may still charge Flynn with other crimes. His son is not mentioned in the deal. I think this phrase compels continued cooperation with the law officers and prosecutors. I see lots of long days and long conversations in Flynns future. With those other facts known by everyone mentioned being paramount to that cooperation.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Because liberals think this is their golden ticket to remove Trump. Lets not forgot, liberals and critical thinking don't go together.

Even ABC backtracked on their reporting...
twitter.com...

Pretty amusing to see how the left rabidly latched on and took whatever they could, out of a twisted ABC report.

Another blessed day of Trump in office, no water off our backs.

Guess I need to be more aware of this? I can't figure out why his talking to Russia is such a bad thing? Are they wanting for ISIS to stay around? It's confusing to me lol

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I think that statement about other facts compels his continued cooperation. In a proffer the facts known up to that point are normally off the table as future prosecutorial evidence. Not in this case, which screams that Mueller still has dirt on Flynn he can and will use and that he is going for bigger fish with that cooperation.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's looking like he was being directed to by trump.
Through Jared. No rogue.
And an interesting line in the court document today is
This document does not include all the facts known by all parties...or to that effect if not exactly those words.
That's leaving an opening that Mueller may still charge Flynn with other crimes. His son is not mentioned in the deal. I think this phrase compels continued cooperation with the law officers and prosecutors. I see lots of long days and long conversations in Flynns future. With those other facts known by everyone mentioned being paramount to that cooperation.

It’s common for transition officials to meet with foereign officials. This is a fishing expedition, and they are going to nab him for a technicality in an investigation for which there is no underlying crime, unlike what the public has been promised.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join