It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn's implications will be year-old news.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn has promised “full cooperation” in the special counsel’s Russia investigation and, according to a confidant, is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria.

The stunning turn comes as Flynn pleaded guilty to one count of lying to the FBI about his back-channel negotiations with the Russian ambassador – talks that occurred before Trump took office. The special counsel made the plea agreement public Friday morning.

The confidant provided ABC News with new details on Friday about Trump’s instructions to Flynn. During the campaign, Trump asked Flynn to be one of a small group of close advisors charged with improving relations in Russia and other hot spots. The source said Trump phoned Flynn shortly after the election to explicitly ask him to “serve as point person on Russia,” and to reach out personally to Russian officials to develop strategies to jointly combat ISIS.

Note the last sentence. "Trump phoned Flynn shortly after the election..." Up to that last sentence, this looks like the bombshell the media has attempted to mutate it into, but is it?

Let's hearken back to a year ago, when this news item was barely a blip on the radar.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

In the scarcely two weeks since Donald Trump’s surprise victory over Hillary Clinton, he and Russian President Vladimir Putin have spoken at least twice by phone.

Their aides have had additional contacts.

That’s more contact than Trump is known to have had with any other world leader since he defeated Clinton in the Nov. 8 election. But it is a concrete display of what many predicted would be a reversal in the standoffish relations between the two nuclear powers should Trump win election.

OK, so the earth shattering, ass saving, (according to some) Trump crushing plea deal bombshell Mike Flynn is prepared to testify to is essentially "When the Trump team openly had calls with Putin and Russia immediately after the election, they weren't lying and I was tasked by a team superior with helping set the talks up."

From today's article...

reach out personally to Russian officials to develop strategies to jointly combat ISIS

Hmm...
From last year:
foreignpolicy.com...

A retired three-star general and former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency from 2012-2014, Flynn is petrified by the threat posed by Islamic terrorist groups — he actually likened the threat from the Islamic State to that posed by Nazi Germany — and called for cooperating with Moscow in order to fight terrorism. Flynn has also labeled Iran as a threat to the United States, and, like Trump, wants to tear up the Obama administration’s landmark nuclear agreement with Tehran.

Somebody please, tell me why this is news aside from Flynn laying to the FBI and to VP Mike Pence. Mueller got Flynn, and? There was a reason why he was fired, and to date nothing has indicated that anyone beyond Mike Flynn has put their foot in their mouth here. Today's news merely corroborates what the present administration has already said they were doing and/or had done.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Because liberals think this is their golden ticket to remove Trump. Lets not forgot, liberals and critical thinking don't go together.

Even ABC backtracked on their reporting...
twitter.com...

Pretty amusing to see how the left rabidly latched on and took whatever they could, out of a twisted ABC report.

Another blessed day of Trump in office, no water off our backs.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He pleaded guilty. It doesn't look good for Trump. Pence will be president soon.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6 Ok well I ask you. Why did he lie? Why did Sessions lie? What is being hidden from us? These are the things I want to know. If no wrong doing happened that what is the purpose of lying.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
The embarrassing thing is, this effectively kills the entire Russian collusion fiction pulled out of their asses. He literally is in trouble over a procedural violation (lying). ironically, had he just acknowledged it, there would actually not be anything for him to be in trouble for as what he did was within his scope in the position he had.

Not sure then why he thought it prudent to eat his foot, but whatever.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

He pleaded guilty. It doesn't look good for Trump. Pence will be president soon.

A very well thought out and referenced reply.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Flynn's implications will be year-old news.

It will be 17 year old news like the 2000 election because for some odd reason a certain group of people just don't like to admit election losses.

It was someone else's fault.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123 Your one to talk about critical thinking lol Well when shtf I wonder what you will about liberals then? I know what you will but I will hold out and see if my guess is right.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

HA! No, neither Trump now Tillerson are going anywhere. Im still having a laugh at the fact MSM really keeps trying to convince people Trump is going to fire him. Tillerson is in charge of the Global Engagement center, and he was the one making the oil deals with the Kurds back during Obamas second term. Neither of them are going anywhere, although I imagine Rex may find the trouble more than its worth and decide not to stick around for round two. But thats not unheard of, many Secretary of State and defense are replaced with a second term president.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There is nothing to this stuff from Flynn. The stock market dove quickly and recovered over the day because when people searched, they found that there was nothing really wrong going on. It is being twisted. The new administration usually contacts the leaders of other nations to get a smooth transaction going, they have no power yet to do anything, but they discuss things a bit with the other countries leaders and their people.

There is nothing really here, other than Flynn lying to the VP about something. This seems to be getting twisted by MSM just as bad as everything they are saying. There ought to be a law to ban twisting of what is going on by the media. We should only hear propaganda lies that our necessary for our government's security and for proper governance, not for political party affiliations. I think we need to do some serious reorganization of our legal system to outlaw slander against our government officials. If it is the whole truth, then they have a right to write it, but if it is a twisted interpretation utilizing non applicable evidence to the direction they are leading people, it should be considered slander. This should apply to words coming out of politicians mouths too, and also to what comes out of lobbiests mouths.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: dfnj2015

HA! No, neither Trump now Tillerson are going anywhere. Im still having a laugh at the fact MSM really keeps trying to convince people Trump is going to fire him. Tillerson is in charge of the Global Engagement center, and he was the one making the oil deals with the Kurds back during Obamas second term. Neither of them are going anywhere, although I imagine Rex may find the trouble more than its worth and decide not to stick around for round two. But thats not unheard of, many Secretary of State and defense are replaced with a second term president.

I actually like Tillerson, he seems like a reasonable billionaire. I wouldn't mind sitting in at a coffee clutch with him. I think I could learn a lot from him. He would have been a great presidential candidate.

+3 more 
link   

Good hell.

He plead guilty to lying.

Remember the entire reason for this witch hunt was Russian election collusion.

Which to date hasn't gotten an ounce of proof.

link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: burdman30ott6 Ok well I ask you. Why did he lie? Why did Sessions lie? What is being hidden from us? These are the things I want to know. If no wrong doing happened that what is the purpose of lying.

Flynn likely lied to save his son and himself from personal business violations dealing with Russia. Let's be honest about that. He needs to do some time.

Sessions... meh. He didn't lie so much as he specifically answered questions as posed to him and did not volunteer anything beyond what Franken specifically asked. That's not illegal, it's courtroom smart.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

LMFAO

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Muellers investigation is just getting started, flynn flipped, and so will Jared, more indictments to come and the snitches will sing like birds to protect themselves.

All the lies will be found out and the truth will set you free. Believe me!

link   

Let's put partisanship aside, Flynn made many mistakes and I think we can all agree.

Is anyone surprised that a politician did some crooked thing and is probably going to walk away with little more than a slap on the wrist? No.

Is anyone surprised the media is milking this for everything they can? Absolutely not. Real journalism is hard to find these days. It's all become ratings, money, and sensationalism.

It's the times we live in, hopefully society will learn to go back to a healthier balance of things.

Having instant access to everything is empowering and incredible but it comes at a price.

We must learn moderation again, in everything.... Including hyper partisanship in this country.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The market just likes the idea of a Pence presidency.

link   

Proof by repeated assertion hasn't made this come true yet, but at least you're a tenacious bunch.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I am not knocking on Rex at all, just pointing out he is the establishment handler for Trump unfortunately. I like Trump, I really do. And in the end, he will #ing do wtf he wants to do. But lets be real here, who is doing more meetings with foreign counterparts, Tillerson or Pence?

Wtf is Pence doing actually? Is he just there for domestic support or what? I often see Mr. Tillerson fulfilling the VP role overseas more than that actual VP.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I really appreciate when someone takes the time to intelligently connect the dots and share that with us.

Thank-you Burdman30ott6!

S&F!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join