It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does U.S. Seem to Have Power to Control the Ways Other Nations are Run?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Whether we are declining or not is subjective, whether we are currently the worlds leader is not. It is a simple statement of fact. We are the most powerful naton militarily, and economically. We are so powerful in fact that even a union of either 15 or 25 western nations, depending on how you look at it, the EU, is jst barely able to surpass the economic power of our lone nation, and stll can not surpass us militarily.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by mwm1331
The awnser to the threads question is simple. Because we can. We have the power militarily, financially, and socially. We are the worlds leader, and as such we are endowed with certan perrogitives and responibilities.

"we are the world leaders"
abit of a nationalist statement? true you are the world leaders, but a declining one.

How do I say this without getting a warn....

America is leading the world in a way that...

Some people might say is Facist

Some people might say is Arrogant

Some people might say is Suicidal

Some people might say ...get the point?

We all should know by now MWM1331 that you are a really PROUD American. But does that mean all of your statements have to be so BOLD? It's so strange I have to be Politically Correct in a Political Forum...

The only Responsibility of the U.S.A. is for it's Government to be Responsible and Accountable to the people, for it's Corporations to be Responsible to the Law and for the U.S.A. to respecte and abide by all International Laws and Treaties. But lately they have been Breaking them, for the past 60 years. This is why some people may disagree with you
MWM1331...Interested in research?

Read Howard Zinn's A Peoples History of the United States

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
What bothers you more oops, that I am proud of america and support the current administratons actions, or that I do not aplogise for doing so? My staement are bold because I believe in them, why should I make my statements meek? Why should I not defend what I believe is right as strenously as you decry it?
You say that you left the US after the recent election because Bush was reelected and moved to china, why? Do you feel the chinese government is more just than the US? Do you feel safer there?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

What bothers you more oops, that I am proud of america and support the current administratons actions, or that I do not aplogise for doing so? My staement are bold because I believe in them, why should I make my statements meek? Why should I not defend what I believe is right as strenously as you decry it?
You say that you left the US after the recent election because Bush was reelected and moved to china, why? Do you feel the chinese government is more just than the US? Do you feel safer there?

No I left after the first election. Why, there are many reasons. I don't believe in America as a land free from tyranny. The U.S.A. as the corporatation and goverment is very different from her peoples. When I see people support her so adamently I take a step back and wonder do they really know what's going on?

I don't say be meek. But it seems as people are talking to a wall when when people who are 'Proud' speak things as if they are truth but they are only subjective expereinces and knowledge.

EDIT: actually it was March 2002, I had to finish college before I could leave.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So then do you belive china is less tyrannical than the US?
Furthermore in what ways to you feel the US is tryannical?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

So then do you belive china is less tyrannical than the US?
Furthermore in what ways to you feel the US is tryannical?

Actually I think rather different. I don't believe any of the leading powers in the world are, moral, ethical, just or responsible. It's not about more or less or who is better, they all are at fault and are responsible for the worlds mess.

Until you try it, don't knock it. Have you ever been to China? Sure China has problems like very country and I don't want to get into this argument of China vs. America.

How is US Tyrannical, I suggest one more time I think you should read A Peoples History of the United States by Howard Zinn

Amazon

Free Chapters

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Is your contention that the US is tryannical yours or Mr Zinn's?
If yours you should be able to support it, if you simply allow authors to think for you however I see no need in contiuing this conversation, so whic is it? Can you back up your statements or do you allow others to think for you?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Whether we are declining or not is subjective, whether we are currently the worlds leader is not. It is a simple statement of fact. We are the most powerful naton militarily, and economically. We are so powerful in fact that even a union of either 15 or 25 western nations, depending on how you look at it, the EU, is jst barely able to surpass the economic power of our lone nation, and stll can not surpass us militarily.

Militarily? Well done. America is a weak nation of power-hungry baffoons who are content with sacrificing the lesser of said nation in order to achieve said power. You have more nuclear weapons than is actually necessary to destroy the world. other nations have more nuclear weapons than is necessary to destroy the world also, so technically your military might is on a par, seeing as that is the only thing that will actually matter. I think you are too comfortable in your existence and you believe that you are comfortable because you are the King of the Castle...the Castle is an illusion and like all illusions it will be revealed in time and your kingdom will crumble to the ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join