It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does U.S. Seem to Have Power to Control the Ways Other Nations are Run?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I realize that up until about 6 or 7 years ago, my knowledge of politics was not the most reliable. I was much more wrapped up in other, more selfish things, so I rarely paid much attention to what was going on in the world, except for a few intermittant things that caught my attention. I mean, I am aware of the fact that at times in the past, some recent past, there have been agreements made between countries, treaties signed, etc... but what, for whom and why, I don't know.

So, keeping this in mind, I am curious about how a lot of things came to be the way they are. But namely:

I am totally amazed at what Bush seems to be allowed to do when it comes to his own citizens, and even more amazed at what he is doing and getting away with throughout the rest of the world!

For this post, let alone what he's doing to us. I want to know why, it is O.K. for him to just decide, (well, I'm sure that it wasn't a spur of the moment decision to invade Iraq, just something he forgot to mention when he campaigned for election 2000) but any way, to just take Saddam Hussein out of power, and put out a seemingly mafia type contract "hit" on him and his sons. Whether or not Iraq had WMD to me seem irrevant in so far as that for one thing, so do we. For another, Iraq was never a threat to the U.S. in the first place. At least not at the time Bush decided to invade.

I don't personally agree with the way I have heard that Sadaam was running his country and how he was treating his people, but still, it was his country. Shouldn't the leader of each perspective country be focusing on taking care of their own people, and running their own government?

What gives the U.S. any power to dictate to them, Iran, N. Korea, or any other foreign country how to govern their own countries. Why is it O.K. for the U.S. to have tons of Nuclear Weapons, and any other kinds of chemical, biological, and whatever else we(they) have. I am not much of a weapons expert. But I do know that it seems to be O.K. for Bush to own, purchase and manufacture just about anything he wants, but let another country try and do the same, it's: stop & get rid of it or war!

And that election in the Ukrane(sp?), it way well have been rigged, I don't know. But the point is, wasn't that their problem? Why did Bush step in and say that the results were "unacceptable", therefore they had to hold another election.l

I'm sure that when he was re-elected, most other foreign countries, not to mention a lot of us here at home found the results to be "unacceptable". But, there was no new election.

Sure, Saddam committed war crimes, I'm sure that many other leaders and high ranking military personnel have in other countries as well. And I'm positive that Bush has committed at least as many, most likely a lot more! Like, wasn't it even illegal for him to invade Iraq, when there was no threat?

But why is he having Saddam and others tried for War Crimes, but he is never put on trial for what he's done?

I'm jsut really curious, and pretty mad, unless there is a reasonable explanation that I just never knew about - which could well be. If that is the case though, I sure would feel better knowing that there is some basis other than he is just a bully that intimidates everyone.

Any memebers have info or other thoughts?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Who questioned the Romans when they take over countries? Power is the deciding factor in who is right and wrong. Of course americans are never wrong, they are blessed by god after all, and Bush is Gods unofficial spokesman.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The US are the only superpower, so you have to keep them happy, but majority of the world is starting to stand up for themselves now. When China becomes the next superpower, China will end up getting its own way.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This thread, started by me, stupidly not checking well enough if there were already other threads like it. I'm sorry.

Infinity refers in her reply to the other threads. Would you or another moderator mind moving it to one of those?

Or can or would you?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Probably has to due with how we subsidze most of the world. It was American factories that supplied the Allies, American farms that fed them and American Tax payers that paid for the rebuilding. It is also America that pays for a useless corrupt UN, it is our technolgy that is creating a free China at the expence to Americans. It is America that fuels the worlds economies not the other way. If we go down you will suffer more then us. We can sustain our selfs. Would England been able to hold off germany much longer if not for lend lease. Where would berlin be without the marshal plan. No thanks nessary we just need to take care of those that oppressed our ancestors into coming here. I for one am glad they did. Out side of Austraila and New Zealand I can't think of any other place I would want to live and that includes my anstorial Italy.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by thehamsamiam]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehamsamiam
Would England been able to hold off germany much longer if not for lend lease.

Probly not

However America would of been misseled to the ground if Britain was "dealt
with" (Operation America)

So it was in both the US and the UK's best Intrest to hold off the Britan Land as a link to Europe and stop getting both countries decimated

Germany was supirior to both countrys tech wise

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
This thread, started by me, stupidly not checking well enough if there were already other threads like it. I'm sorry.

Infinity refers in her reply to the other threads. Would you or another moderator mind moving it to one of those?

Or can or would you?

Thanks

firstly, i am a "he" not "her"

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with this thread. i cannot move it myself, but a mod will not move it.

it has a nice tie to the nwo, i like it

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Behind the scenes in the boardrooms of the big boys, very astute minds collaborate to plan how best to run their affairs...which basically consist of directing our future towards their goal. My guess is that when one is in that kind of position, one is mainly concerned with solidifying and ensuring the continuation of that order. No one wants to lose. So, the reason it 'seems' the US is the nation that has all the power and is controlling things in all those countries is that those planners want it to look that way. I would bet that the actual decisions are made elsewhere, and the appearance of their source being the USA is a very shrewd and well thought out red herring. Granted, the American powerbrokers are key players, but the British, German, French, Russian, etc. are possibly just as much so. Belgium, Brussels in particular, is a definite place where these puppet masters determine how best to wrest more freedom from you and I, and thus better control our future. Because if they didn't, we would be a threat. No chance of that, though, it seems clear.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
**link removed**

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ok...this is hte third forum you have posted this same link in....you are spamming the board?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Ok...this is hte third forum you have posted this same link in....you are spamming the board?

what link?
*looks back over thread*
ill get a mod to look into it

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The U.S. can be controling becouse we :
1.The largest econemy on Earth
2.We spend more money on Defense then the other top 10 combined
3.We have more Nukes
4.We have a Illogical leader,The illogical ones always win.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with this thread. i cannot move it myself, but a mod will not move it.

Infiniti, I am sooooooo embarassed! And so sorry. Please forgive me if you can.

I ran across your poems just this morning, and by reading them, I gathered that you were a "he". Although I had forgotten that I had ever made a post referring to your gender. I don't know what gave me that idea. It may have been your last avatar. My monitor is about to go out, and has lost a lot of the colors.

I know, not a good excuse, but the only one I can think of.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Absolutely not. I already feel foolish enough with my "Please move this Post?" I have just been a member for a little over a month now, and when I made that post, I had been here even shorter.

I was still learning my way around ATS (still am at times). All I was trying to do, was to move it. But I couldn't ever seem to get the whole thing moved. It was (is) very embarassing.

But spamming? No, not me. I like ATS. Besides, I hate getting SPAM myself. Why would I do it to someone else?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The US are the only superpower, so you have to keep them happy, but majority of the world is starting to stand up for themselves now. When China becomes the next superpower, China will end up getting its own way.

If...China becomes the next super power. From the outside it looks possible. From the inside it looks iffy. Now if China is the next super power then the RenMinBi RMB (Chinese Dollar) will be the currency of the world.

To answer your question CyberKat, btw welcome to ats, I think the US can change and control the ways other countries are run because of one thing and one thing only. $

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Or can or would you?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
With the latest abberation in Iraq, credibility is a great problem for the US government.

However, historically, the ideals and purpose which has been publicly bandied about by the US government is difficult to fault.

What really happens in practical terms is something else, but lofty words and ideals being taken as the published position for motivation is very loud in the world of politics.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Infiniti, I am sooooooo embarassed! And so sorry. Please forgive me if you can.

I ran across your poems just this morning, and by reading them, I gathered that you were a "he". Although I had forgotten that I had ever made a post referring to your gender. I don't know what gave me that idea. It may have been your last avatar. My monitor is about to go out, and has lost a lot of the colors.

I know, not a good excuse, but the only one I can think of

Thats ok, no offence was taken

If...China becomes the next super power. From the outside it looks possible. From the inside it looks iffy. Now if China is the next super power then the RenMinBi RMB (Chinese Dollar) will be the currency of the world.

I see what your getting at here. Most have been confused by China's progress, i feel that China will become a superpower, but i can see other sides of the arguement too.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The awnser to the threads question is simple. Because we can. We have the power militarily, financially, and socially. We are the worlds leader, and as such we are endowed with certan perrogitives and responibilities.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
The awnser to the threads question is simple. Because we can. We have the power militarily, financially, and socially. We are the worlds leader, and as such we are endowed with certan perrogitives and responibilities.

"we are the world leaders"
abit of a nationalist statement? true you are the world leaders, but a declining one.

<<   2 >>

join