It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Flynn’s plea is yet another dead end for breathless ‘Russiagate’ hysteria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Interesting...

On Friday, Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents about making contact with Russian Ambassador Kislyak during the transition period. In a stunning twist, the Trump White House revealed to CNN that the calls were approved by the Obama administration.

thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm thinking Robert Mueller would beg to differ. Since he's the law official I think ill go with him.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What did I say about fishing expeditions? They very often yield BIG FISH.
Otherwise why have them?
And using ones children for bait? Brilliant!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I told Xeuchen his clock had gone all Salvador Dali on him and he was going to need a roll of paper towels to clean it up.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What are the chances that Kushner did not tell his father in law everything Flynn discussed with the Russians?
The documents state Flynn reported to and, more importantly for this discussion, was given direction by a high ranking member of trumps team whom we know now was Jared.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Justoneman

Exactly, tell a lie loud and often.

Propaganda 101.

Yep - loving the avatar by the way. Merry Christmas.

Thanks mate, Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trumps brief statement yesterday included the phrase "Flynn turned on me".
What do you suppose that means? To me it says he's revealing secrets. To others I guess it means he's lying or will lie in future testimony.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's Kushner.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Okay if all of this is nothing, why did trump feel the need to tell Flynn, to "stay strong", I mean really, why would he say that? That was long before he was charged. You don't just say "stay strong" unless there is reason.

www.slate.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
You have a right to an attorney.
If you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided to you by a court of law.
Part of the Miranda rights.

I remember him saying quite a few months ago already that he has a story to tell.
Now it's story time.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

What about to avoid jail? Although ... it runs in the family.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Morning snowflakes. Try again next month.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I told Xeuchen his clock had gone all Salvador Dali on him and he was going to need a roll of paper towels to clean it up.

Yes i remember your post, i wish i could have giving you a million stars.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

It can when the evidence is so flimsy that a plea is the best the prosecution can hope for.

This is exactly what I am thinking. LOL at all the lawyers on here...

A plea deal doesn't automatically mean Flynn flipped or that he has any evidence/testimony to offer.
The man has a problem with lying, obviously. Doesn't mean everyone else is lying or anyone else did anything wrong.

Flynn's history of lying will come in handy if he did flip...Unless he has solid proof to turn over, it is here say from a proven liar.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
You have a right to an attorney.
If you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided to you by a court of law.
Part of the Miranda rights.

I remember him saying quite a few months ago already that he has a story to tell.
Now it's story time.

You have a source for that quote, or?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

In a healthy economy, you just let the free market do its thing, but the Fed and central banks, are propping it up, when the Bonds fall, the trading desk at the Fed buy. It's all smoke and mirrors. Interest rates are so low because their is no real growth. The real economy has had it.

This says it all, I would expect a major distraction before the main event.
edit on 2-12-2017 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Flynn and his son were facing life, if all of the charges were filed.

That would have been very unlikely.

Conspiracy against the state carries a sentence of life, unlikely, but out there. Mueller made Flynn a good deal, will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Will Kushner flip on his FIL, so that he is able to raise his kids, his oldest is 6 or 7.

Funny how the other conspiracy's against the state related to the last few administrations are, by now in your mind, ancient history? Furthermore i suspect you think, we should act like they didn't occur and therefore this one finally fits your definition of 'against the state'.

Now you just want to put words in my mouth, I was speaking to the topic, but your defense is to deflect.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Flynn and his son were facing life, if all of the charges were filed.

That would have been very unlikely.

Conspiracy against the state carries a sentence of life, unlikely, but out there. Mueller made Flynn a good deal, will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Will Kushner flip on his FIL, so that he is able to raise his kids, his oldest is 6 or 7.

Funny how the other conspiracy's against the state related to the last few administrations are, by now in your mind, ancient history? Furthermore i suspect you think, we should act like they didn't occur and therefore this one finally fits your definition of 'against the state'.

Now you just want to put words in my mouth, I was speaking to the topic, but your defense is to deflect.

Deflection is when it isn't true............. Just sayin'!

BTW, your team has repeated untrue statements to go with all this other mess you get dead wrong. The question is, do
you do that on purpose or not?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Phage

I don't believe Flynn plead because he was actually worried about serving time. I think he plead because he could no longer afford to pay his legal team through this ridiculously long, drawn out process of tantric investigation Mueller is overseeing.

I don't think plea deals are granted because of a defendant's inability to pay their attorneys. He would be provided with a public defender.

heh.

The plea deal wasn't granted because of his finances, but finances can certainly be a deciding factor in a defendant accepting a plea deal. Only a fool would go up against the FBI and Mueller with a public defender.

If only he knew a billionaire.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join