It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Flynn’s plea is yet another dead end for breathless ‘Russiagate’ hysteria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

the economy is collapsing,

What?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I must shoot this claim down

Shocking...

edit on 1-12-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Let's just give 'em all what they want. I am sick of all of this crap. Let's just meet some place with any weapon we can find and let's just kill eachother for the sake of a few rich folks who are manipulating the hell out of all of us. This is all bull #. All news is designed to create hate. Come on let's hate eachother and kill, Wake up people, haven't you had enough of this #...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Russiagate leading to a Trumpgate ain't happening. Its all BS! TRUMPOSTROUS

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Why did Flynn lie, I wonder.

Did Trump know he lied, I wonder.

Yes, Trump knew he lied. You may recall that is the reason he fired him.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Actually, it would be a man named Ryan. He's #3.

Whoa!

Don't even go there. I can't wrap my head around that one!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

And why did he ask the Director of the FBI to "go easy" on him?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude, but did op just cite Russia Today as their source for why this is no big deal?

So the Russian state owned broadcaster that is run by the Russian security services is saying this is no biggie, and that's not even a little bit suspicious?!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth

And why did he ask the Director of the FBI to "go easy" on him?

You'd have to ask him.
My own view is that he actually likes Flynn, doesn't think he did much wrong and didn't want to see him in jail.

The fact remains (not speculation) is that we already knew Flynn lied and we already know this particular issue and meeting was after the election. It has nothing to do with election interference.

A clear accusation has been made, including by many on this board, that the Trump campaign colluded to rig the election. Those that made those claims won't get away with using unrelated issues to try and somehow justify those claims. It's going to take nothing less than proof that the campaign worked and coordinated on activity with Russia to fix/tilt the election for those that made the claims to drag themselves out of the politically driven conspiracy they entrenched themselves in.

edit on 2/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have had first hand experience with the FBI and "lying" here is my 2 cents .

Shortly after I became Muslim I went to work in Alaska . After I came back the feds came knocking on my door asking me all kinds of strange questions. Long story short I was truthful . I had nothing to hide. The local masjid contacted lawyer for me through CARE. First thing the lawyer asked me was " did you lie to them about ANYTHING" I said absoutly Not!. She then went on to tell me the FEDS have been abusing this law " lying to a federal agent " and charging local Muslims with it when they otherwise have nothing else to charge them with . She told me that 99% of the Muslim clients she represents are not charged with anything other then "lying to a federal agent " she said the in some of her cases it's as simple as not disclosing contacting other family members outside the US via phone etc. It's really petty # .

After reading the headlines with all this lying # I am fully convinced that the feds have absoutly NOTHING and they are using this abusive federal law to make a mountain out of a mole hill . Flynn is being used as a recovery tool . An example . After the whole Clinton thing their reputation is in the gutter. Somone is pulling strings somewhere.
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
where that tweet or news conference where Trump tried to say, if anything illegal was done, he's innocent.

Since day one of this. Don't be the tool you are for the lies....... SMH!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Fishing expedition, plain and simple.

Yes it is....it's been a year long fishing expedition in the Dead Sea.
Nothing has ever been caught and nothing ever will be.

Two have plead guilty, 2 are under indictment, several comments I have seen today, Mueller is conducting a mob style investigation. You get the low hanging fruit, and flip them to move up the chain. Flynn is only 3 or 4 from Trump.

Was it after the election or before?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

a reply to: timequake

Yeah.
That's the ticket.

I agree with both of you then. This is not big like allowing state secrets to be leaked. Or so many real issues with the Presidents since Kennedy was gunned down in a cross fire.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So Trump Junior jumping at the chance to get dirt on Clinton from a Russian agent who tells him the Russian government wants Trump to win is nothing? What is astonishing is there is so much evidence that has been out in the open all along, and yet people just refuse to see the obvious.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I don't mean to be rude, but did op just cite Russia Today as their source for why this is no big deal?

So the Russian state owned broadcaster that is run by the Russian security services is saying this is no biggie, and that's not even a little bit suspicious?!

How about ABC saying, oops, "correction", its really no big deal.

Correction: During a live Special Report, ABC News reported that a confidant of Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn said Flynn was prepared to testify that then-candidate Donald Trump instructed him to contact Russian officials during the campaign.
That source later clarified that during the campaign, Trump assigned Flynn and a small circle of other senior advisers to find ways to repair relations with Russia and other hot spots. It was shortly after the election, that President-elect Trump directed Flynn to contact Russian officials on topics that included working jointly against ISIS.

ABC

Media celebrating fake news. Nazi propaganda is alive and well. Goebbels would be proud.

edit on 12 2 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Flynn and his son were facing life, if all of the charges were filed.

That would have been very unlikely.

Conspiracy against the state carries a sentence of life, unlikely, but out there. Mueller made Flynn a good deal, will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Will Kushner flip on his FIL, so that he is able to raise his kids, his oldest is 6 or 7.

Funny how the other conspiracy's against the state related to the last few administrations are, by now in your mind, ancient history? Furthermore i suspect you think, we should act like they didn't occur and therefore this one finally fits your definition of 'against the state'.

edit on 2-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Painterz

How about ABC saying, oops, "correction", its really no big deal.

Correction: During a live Special Report, ABC News reported that a confidant of Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn said Flynn was prepared to testify that then-candidate Donald Trump instructed him to contact Russian officials during the campaign.
That source later clarified that during the campaign, Trump assigned Flynn and a small circle of other senior advisers to find ways to repair relations with Russia and other hot spots. It was shortly after the election, that President-elect Trump directed Flynn to contact Russian officials on topics that included working jointly against ISIS.

ABC

So, if the NYT and WaPo don't repeat it on the front page, the Lefties and Phage, will all not believe it. Allowing them to keep parroting total BS and saying it 'tastes good'.. I would hope not, but here we are so many years into the same stuff different day with false information and hateful wishes on the innocent.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

So Trump Junior jumping at the chance to get dirt on Clinton from a Russian agent who tells him the Russian government wants Trump to win is nothing? What is astonishing is there is so much evidence that has been out in the open all along, and yet people just refuse to see the obvious.

Jumping at the chance for dirt on your opponent is not a crime or even a problem.
You have no evidence at all to show that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to rig the election. I can see why you pretend there is, though, as otherwise, you'd have to face up to your entrenchment. You're in a tight spot.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Exactly, tell a lie loud and often.

Propaganda 101.

ETA example:

The original tweet published by ABC News containing Ross' initial report had been retweeted more than 25,000 times and embedded in various news stories online before it was deleted.

But the clarification - issued at 7:53pmET - has just 2600 RTs...

link
edit on 12 2 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Justoneman

Exactly, tell a lie loud and often.

Propaganda 101.

Yep - loving the avatar by the way. Merry Christmas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join