It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Flynn’s plea is yet another dead end for breathless ‘Russiagate’ hysteria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

All your rhetoric can’t explain Trump firing Comey to stop him from investigating Flynn, or why Flynn lied to the FBI.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Oh I see, so someone like Monica Lewinksy didn’t fear them, and is still alive and well today, but a FBI investigator does fear them?

That makes perfect sense.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
where that tweet or news conference where Trump tried to say, if anything illegal was done, he's innocent.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I don't believe Flynn plead because he was actually worried about serving time. I think he plead because he could no longer afford to pay his legal team through this ridiculously long, drawn out process of tantric investigation Mueller is overseeing. It's very much akin to the strategy the RIAA used some years ago against folks accused of illegally downloading copyrighted music. If you throw a prosecution team with massive (or in Mueller's case, unlimited) resources at an accused, the accused finite resources will eventually run out and you can force them to cop a plea purely to serve as an example to anyone else out there considering bucking the system. Mueller is the deep state and establishment's weapon against being brought to heel... they approached this with an open checkbook and no timetable, found someone flimsy enough (partly thanks to threats against his own son) to be likely to buckle on grounds of principle, and then started hacking at his monetary ability to defend himself and this is the result.

I don't expect Flynn to actually say anything that's not already been said and isn't already widely known, but the court of Never Trump will inflate whatever he does say, not because any of this will even remotely lead to an impeachment, but because they absolutely must have something to justify continuing this asinine kangaroo court and it's outrageous expense to the tax payers.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Serve your country as a patriot try to stop world war 3 with Russia then get thrown under the bus with a 5 years potential prison term as a foreigner I can say thats not a good look.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't believe Flynn plead because he was actually worried about serving time. I think he plead because he could no longer afford to pay his legal team through this ridiculously long, drawn out process of tantric investigation Mueller is overseeing.

I don't think plea deals are granted because of a defendant's inability to pay their attorneys. He would be provided with a public defender.

heh.

edit on 12/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't believe Flynn plead because he was actually worried about serving time. I think he plead because he could no longer afford to pay his legal team through this ridiculously long, drawn out process of tantric investigation Mueller is overseeing.

I don't think plea deals are granted because of a defendant's inability to pay their attorneys. He would be provided with a public defender.

heh.

The plea deal wasn't granted because of his finances, but finances can certainly be a deciding factor in a defendant accepting a plea deal. Only a fool would go up against the FBI and Mueller with a public defender.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Fishing expedition, plain and simple.

Yes it is....it's been a year long fishing expedition in the Dead Sea.
Nothing has ever been caught and nothing ever will be.

Two have plead guilty, 2 are under indictment, several comments I have seen today, Mueller is conducting a mob style investigation. You get the low hanging fruit, and flip them to move up the chain. Flynn is only 3 or 4 from Trump.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: links234

I don't believe Flynn plead because he was actually worried about serving time. I think he plead because he could no longer afford to pay his legal team through this ridiculously long, drawn out process of tantric investigation Mueller is overseeing. It's very much akin to the strategy the RIAA used some years ago against folks accused of illegally downloading copyrighted music. If you throw a prosecution team with massive (or in Mueller's case, unlimited) resources at an accused, the accused finite resources will eventually run out and you can force them to cop a plea purely to serve as an example to anyone else out there considering bucking the system. Mueller is the deep state and establishment's weapon against being brought to heel... they approached this with an open checkbook and no timetable, found someone flimsy enough (partly thanks to threats against his own son) to be likely to buckle on grounds of principle, and then started hacking at his monetary ability to defend himself and this is the result.

I don't expect Flynn to actually say anything that's not already been said and isn't already widely known, but the court of Never Trump will inflate whatever he does say, not because any of this will even remotely lead to an impeachment, but because they absolutely must have something to justify continuing this asinine kangaroo court and it's outrageous expense to the tax payers.

He plead to save his kid, they were both facing serious charges, that would have seen them both in prison for a lot of years, at least this is the commentary by many legal experts, of which I am not one.

ETA: Flynn was running into money problems with his defense, a public defender was going to do him no good. Mueller offered him a very good deal, he was looking at life, so I am pretty sure Gen Flynn has offered some good info.
edit on 12/1/2017 by BubbaJoe because: Didn't complete the thought

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Never let the facts get in the way of a gold ole fashioned liberal witchhunt...

Democrats ironically ignore actual treason while obsessing about nonsense...

It’s actually really funny when I think how trump is dismantling Obama’s Legacy all while the liberals are hoping for an impeachment that will never come...

Heck, they are about to legislate the first congressional tax cut in 31 years...

All while democrats are slapping each other’s backs over the Flynn plea....which means nothing

-Chris

True

In this respect, I suppose it is a blessing that the opposition is tied up in meaningless tripe. I still can't help but feel outrage at the idea that these blatantly false and discriminatory anti-Russian sentiments and rumors are being passed around.

I guess any supposition will pass their rubric of truth if it supports their anti-Trump/by any means neccesary agenda, though.

I especially can't wait for this all to be exposed as nothing, so people like WaPo can have their riduclous "democracy dies in darkness" banner waved in their faces daily.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I am personally sick of seeing my tax dollars spent so a bunch of sour grapes can feel better about losing. The most tart grape, however, is Hillary Clinton. She has literally blamed any and everything under the sun to explain her defeat except herself - which is absolutely where the blame rests.

She started pushing this bogus Russia narrative before the election was even in full swing, and despite the fact that Obama/Clapper had both come out saying it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It can when the evidence is so flimsy that a plea is the best the prosecution can hope for.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

Yeah.
That's the ticket.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
For those curious/open minded, here are Obama's precise words from 12/13/2016:

“We were frankly more concerned in the run up to the election to the possibilities of vote tampering, which we did not see evidence of,” he said. “And we’re confident that we can guard against.”

During an interview with the Daily Show’s Trevor Noah, Obama downplayed the hack of a private email account of Clinton campaign chief John Podesta, defending his administration for revealing in October that the Russian government was connected.

“None of this should be a big surprise,” Obama said, “Russia trying to influence our elections dates back to the Soviet Union.”

Obama dismissed the hack and the leaked emails as “not very interesting” and lacking “explosive” revelations. He puzzled as to why it was an “obsession” by the news media despite the knowledge that the Russians were responsible.

www.breitbart.com...

I say again. "Influencing" elections is something (as even Obama said) that has been going on for decades or centuries. Nothing to see here, run of the mill state intelligence activities.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

It can when the evidence is so flimsy that a plea is the best the prosecution can hope for.

Probably not the circumstances in this case, Flynn and his son were facing life, if all of the charges were filed.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Its not that uncommon. Another strategy is to drum up any charge they can come up with, typically more severe than might truly be justified, and then wear the defense down.
edit on 1-12-2017 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Flynn and his son were facing life, if all of the charges were filed.

That would have been very unlikely.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

Flynn and his son were facing life, if all of the charges were filed.

That would have been very unlikely.

Conspiracy against the state carries a sentence of life, unlikely, but out there. Mueller made Flynn a good deal, will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Will Kushner flip on his FIL, so that he is able to raise his kids, his oldest is 6 or 7.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Flynn entered this with an estimated net worth of $7 Million... Kushner's family has nearly $2 Billion and his in laws are sitting on at least 3 times that. Donald Trump's grand children would be retired before Kushner ran slight on legal defense the way Flynn just did. So no, Kushner won't be pressured into "flipping" (Read: lying) about his FIL to satiate Mueller.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Flynn was a career intelligence professional. When he was approached by people claiming to be agents of the Russian government, he knew he should report it immediately. He not only did not, he lied to the FBI about it. His contacts with them predate the election, and he should certainly have known that there is already a secret hotline between the White House and the Kremlin. Why a new unofficial one? In any event, serving five years seems to be an acceptable alternative to what he might stand to be charged with once all the facts come out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join