It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon landing video quality - Mandela Effected ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

hello ! thank you

if i may ask..you experienced any mandela effects ?

I would like to put this also into perspective...all this happened while I was doing one of hobbies ..relaxing after finishing a lot of hard work..which is to watch apollo missions from start to finish..

I always get motivated a lot in doing large projects that i work for

I do this for more than 20 years ...this is shocking ... i can re assure that in my life i never saw such a good quality footage of Apollo 11..nor such footage was ever used in documentaries or conspiracy films etc

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

As far as the Mandela Effect: I recall the books being written by Berenstein. I never thought to look the footage up, so I only recall the grainy version as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Also, the old tube TV's from the 80's didn't have the best picture quality.

Amen to that and even worse in 1969 when this was broadcast.

The grainy aspect was "snow" and the only way to see that now would an actual recording of it while it was live with one of those old, very large video recorders using 2" tape then. I remember watching it played in school by a teacher who recorded by pointing their home movie camera at the TV screen. No consumer level analog VCR's until a couple of years later as I recall.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
they obviously drank their TANG!
they are zipping around like nobody's business!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You should watch this www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

i am pretty sure, at least an bit of that footage is featured every now and then in documentarys

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

and thats not even the best quality one, its an film of an film
the original one is now lost, cause lazy interns

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

then you are misremenbering
if they where as bad as you say
then why they even brought an camera to the moon?!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

am I missing something stupid here
?

Yes. That clear footage is from a 16 mm film camera (which I think was held by Aldrin); that film wasn't seen until the astronauts brought it back and it was developed -- i.e., it wasn't broadcast live because it was a film camera, not a video camera.

Another camera (a TV video camera) attached to the side of the LM was what captured those blurry video camera pictures that were broadcast live on TV.

Two different cameras; two different mediums; two different ways the pictures each camera captured were delivered to us.

edit on 4/12/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
a reply to: Phage

does trying to make fun of this really make your time in thread well spent ?

i have a lot of respect towards you ..like the majority here...check out my reg date..i expect at least a friendlier approach. It makes me wonder if you feel any guilt at all not being a good example when you know how admired and throned in this forum you are.

Wait! What??
Phage is respected and admired??

Definitely some strange timeline weirdness going on.

Mind. Blown.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Can I ask how were you watching it for the first time in 1969, if as I would guess it would be thru an internal aerial on top of your old BW tv, could it be you are remembering correctly BUT it was your TV was not recieving the best image due to limits in the technology of the time?

I was not alive to witness the event so I cant help resolve the "mandela" aspect of your claim but I would guess the number of variables to the quality of your home signal certainly had an effect.

Where as today you are watching footage on A screen with better resolution, dam even on a phone it would look better than A 1969 TV

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Good eye. You could be onto something here. The same thing also happened with the Zapruder film, which is now magically in bright technicolor. (Of course, there have been other "changes" with the JFK assassination footage as well.)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

There is no smoking gun mystery here. Maybe you haven't seen that video, but I've seen that video many time before.

An no -- it is NOT the TV picture they showed live when Armstrong stepped on the Moon. This was taken with a different camera.

In fact, this is not even a TV camera like the one that took those blurry black and white images of Armstrong. This is the 16 mm DAC film (not video) camera. There is no way in the world anyone could have seen this film at the same time these astronauts were on the Moon, because (being a film camera) the film needed to be brought back with the astronauts to be developed, just like other old-fashioned film images and movies. This was not a TV broadcast.

Think of this as a high quality super-8 home camera people had in the 1960s and 1970s *except the film is twice as big as those consumer 8 mm films.

edit on 2017/12/5 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join