It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon landing video quality - Mandela Effected ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I encountered claims on YT that we now have very good quality videos of WW1, which I kind of agreed.

Today I was watching uncut footage from Apollo 11 just for fun, when I realised I never in my life so such good quality video from the moon.

How da *** I was never shown this before....the first step on the moon video shown was always the same one were you can barely make out the astronaut.

am I missing something stupid here
?

please forward to min 22:00

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I remember grainy b/w video

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
because it isnt shown to much in the media
also i will answer this like any other mandela effect thread:
how about no?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

strange media we have lol...dont blame me then

im feeling a bit silly..39 years..never saw

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You are remembering live TV transmissions of the landing as Armstrong stepped off of the ladder. What you are seeing here is 16mm color film. Yes, much higher quality than the live TV video.

edit on 12/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

hello phage ...

something strange is going on.

I just now tried to find the moon landing as I remember it and it's nothing like it used to be. I'm referring to the tv transmission also. The quality is much much better. I'm telling you it was hard making the shape of the astronaut.

I'm convinced there will be many more who focus on this and feel totally rejected by what they see.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

The quality is much much better.

Yes. From 2009:

A team of Apollo-era engineers who were responsible for the live broadcast of the moonwalk in 1969 gathered the best available video of the event from around the world and worked with experts who specialize in restoring old Hollywood classics.

www.wired.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

where is the untouched version?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
All of the versions used for the restoration are "untouched." They are recordings of the live transmission made by the TV stations which broadcast them. I don't know where they are. Maybe at Mr. Mandela's house.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Phage is absolutely correct and so are you about the quality difference, however nothing has changed.

Watching it live after many adjustments to the rabbit ear antenna's with the wads of tin foil on the ends so you could actually get the three channels available was very different from seeing the actual tapes updated to today's standards.

By the standards of that time, we were thrilled with being able to see it so quickly. The whole country was glued to their TV's.

You might find the bad quality live stuff in a school library or something. The schools had videotape machines then to show recordings.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

does trying to make fun of this really make your time in thread well spent ?

i have a lot of respect towards you ..like the majority here...check out my reg date..i expect at least a friendlier approach. It makes me wonder if you feel any guilt at all not being a good example when you know how admired and throned in this forum you are.

I am sorry you are not experiencing this, imagine how easier it will be if you are.... but use your humanity to feel what's happening to me ..

I am looking for the worst quality moon landing video and can't find one ...the quality turning up can be nearly called HD for what I have been experiencing all my life.

My mind is blown right now and can't wait until I read someone else experiencing this

There will be a lot who will wake up to this

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
im not sure what the issue is. ive seen this footage hundreds of times across countless documentaries. high quality photos exist that are also not hard to find. i guess if u havent seen it till now u just werent interested enough to look into it

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That is pretty much how I remember it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Apollo 11 landing videos prior to 2009

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

hey! i totally remember people questioning nasa why they had good videos going to the moon..but unrecognisable quality from the moon.

If you can't see this im sorry this thread may not be for you.

and please , understand 1 thing..i know how i remember the quality of the moon landing video...it means a lot to me ..im not trying to fool you or others..this is very real for me.

I am not expecting you to give me an answer since for you it ok.

Have a great weekend

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There have been some articles about how the original tapes of the feed from the Moon, which would have been fairly high-definition video, have been lost over the years. Apparently the people in the control room at the time were impressed with the quality. That would be nice to see, provided they weren't stupidly erased and are sitting in an old box in some garage in Houston waiting for somebody to find them.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

omg phage..im telling you..

you couldnt make the shape of the astronaut..this 1 you nearly see reflections in his visor omg

this is the HD i was referring to

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That is not HD.
But, ok.

Welcome to the timeline.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

thsnk you!

fish eye lens exists here ? i would love to see where i live

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Also, the old tube TV's from the 80's didn't have the best picture quality.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join