It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Kate Steinle's Killer Walked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's Trump.

Yea, you knew his name would be worked into this story somehow right?

Let me explain:

We know the killer who was deported 4 times before admitted to shooting Kate, that is, he admitted to holding the gun when it fired but his defense attorney claimed during the trial that it discharged accidentally (which actually makes it a confession to felony manslaughter in Cali).

In any case, you might think that even in San Fran (the land of fruits and nuts) it would be difficult to acquit an illegal immigrant (who already has like 7 felony convictions and 4 deportations) for the murder of an innocent American citizen. And if you thought that, you would be correct. To put it simply, Trump talked about Kate Steinle's case all on the campaign trail, inviting her parents on stage with him at a few events and expressing that her case was particularly close to his heart and his cause to enforce our borders.

Well, because Trump made it personal, the jury simply voted against Trump. All they needed to know was that Trump didn't like this one particular immigrant, and that he exploited this case for his own political gain and that it probably helped him land safely in the white house.

The ideological division that is fueling the opposition to Trump and his base was the door left wide open to be slammed shut in the face of Kate's family.

It's unfortunate that he walked, but the verdict is easily explained when you frame it in the right context, that is - the opposition.

The DOJ just issued a warrant for the killer's arrest, so maybe there will be justice for the Steinle family.

The opposition is undermining the basic foundation of our justice system. Those who oppose won't start changing their tune until Trump get's re-elected. Everyone is so sure that Trump won't serve more than one term, it's this contrived certainty that helped get him elected in the first place. And this blatant disregard for an ordinary citizen's right to life will most assuredly cement Trump's re-election, among other things.

To those who have vehemently opposed enforcement of our immigration laws, I hope you are happy with yesterday's verdict.

Kate's blood is on your hands!

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Jesus, you guys are getting nuttier.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I heard the defense claimed it was a ricochet bullet that hit her.

I know the deflection here is a ricochet at Trump to steer the conversation away from why this guy was released so many times.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

How about maybe the prosecution didn't make a good case? I think that's a more reasonable assumption than the jury simply "voted against trump" idea.

I didn't sit the jury, nor follow the trial carefully...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Amazing, supposedly theres security video showing the shooting, but a search for that results in umpteen main stream outlets going on about the verdict and "sanctuary cities" , Trump tweets, and the wall.

They burying something up alright.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
How bout the bastardization of the law ?

Someone dies intentional or not, and dies.

It's murder.

Do not get to collect $200.

And go directly to jail.

The only reason this guy walked is because of he's an illegal.

Automatic get out of jail free card.

The history shows it clearly.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So NOT the charging District Attorney reaching and trying to convict on 1st Degree Homicide? Especially after the Defense cops to 2nd degree/manslaughter, this is the claim of ricochet.

See: California Penal Code section 187 P.C.- Homicide
192 P.C.- Manslaughter

Proud Member of LEAP-Law Enforcement Action Partnership (formerly known as Law Enforcement Against Prohibition)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't call that Trumps fault. I would say liberal California is nuts.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I heard the defense claimed it was a ricochet bullet that hit her.

I know the deflection here is a ricochet at Trump to steer the conversation away from why this guy was released so many times.

The defense didn't claim it, the bullet was flattened on one side and the crime scene investigators found the divot where it ricocheted off the ground 12 feet in front of him and 78 feet from Steinle. That was all testified to by the crime scene investigator who was a witness for the prosecution of course.

The defense's expert witness further testified that the round was fired from a height of about 2 feet (about knee level).

The "real reason" the OP thinks that a murderer walked in this case is because he started with a belief that an illegal immigrant assassin had murdered Kate Steinle and then ignored the case.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And even if your theory is accurate what is the counter-action by the extremists on the right?

Wouldn't this be further evidence that we need to stop trying to combat extremes with extremes and reject Trump and Bernie and his idiot disciples in future elections?

Do people really not see that we have a two-pronged problem here? And each side is feeding off the other pushing it more and more toward the margins. If you're supporting one side of this problem you are also supporting the other.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
How bout the bastardization of the law ?

Someone dies intentional or not, and dies.

It's murder.

Uh, no. When one person causes the death of another person, it's homicide. Murder is a type of homicide in which one person intentionally kills another for a reason other than self-defense.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Uh yes.

The dude stole a federal agents weapon.

Active comission of a crime.

Steinle died as the direct result.

Felony murder rule.

edit on 1-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How do we know he actually stole the gun?

Did he break the agents window? Was the door unlocked? Was it left open? And furthermore if this is something does keep happening in SF then wouldn't the Agent involved be at least partially responsible for leaving his weapon loaded and in an unsecure location?

We know he had it, but as to how he obtained it there seems to be conflicting stories. Did he find under the bench or steal it personally?

And why didn't the judge allow the jury to examine the trigger?

Why was his confession forced based on the lie that they had his dna on the weapon?

Look, we get it, Illegal immigrants are bad and must be hanged without trial. Lets just hope that actual citizens of this country get to maintain their presumption of innocence instead of simply being tried in the media.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The "real reason" the OP thinks that a murderer walked in this case is because he started with a belief that an illegal immigrant assassin had murdered Kate Steinle and then ignored the case.

Imo, the real reason has something to do with drug running and illegal immigration .

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Brilliant thread. You hit the nail precisely on the head. Progs letting their bitterness at losing an election influence the very foundation of the legal system. A criminal low life and illegal alien steals a gun and accidentally blows away an innocent young woman and progs defend the murderer because they don't like Trump.

edit on 1/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Something seriously messed up happened there.

Felon/ illegal immigrant.

Stole a federal agents weapon.

Which means three strikes being a prohibited person.

Even without the murder conviction the dude should not have gotten acquitted.

edit on 1-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That guy wont be safe anywhere now. In jail or out.
I live near San Francisco, and I can tell you first hand, people are loonies there. They are liberal wack jobs that believe that " the ends justify the means.
He will likely be put in prison, and we will hear shortly that another prisoner on a Life sentence with no fear, beat him to death. Mark my words.
edit on 1-12-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Brilliant thread. You hit the nail precisely on the head. Progs letting their bitterness at losing an election influence the very foundation of the legal system. A criminal low life and illegal alien steals a gun and accidentally blows away an innocent young woman and progs defend the murderer because they don't like Trump.

I'm all for getting the guy locked up...but let's have a prosecution that doesn't muck things up so badly that they can't get the charges to stick? Seems like you're ignoring the facts that the jury took to heart.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

He has been in prison for two years, if they had wanted to kill him why wait till after the trial ends and he is acquitted?

The funny thing is, had he died in prison already, few would have known and fewer still would have cared. Justice, such as it is, would have been served. No, his release and the subsequent DOJ involvement means this story will linger for awhile and be used to justify something down the line.....
edit on 1-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Do you think that San Fran will try to protect him now, or will they give him up to the federal government?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join