It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK dazed and confused yet again with obtuse criticism of Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A recent article on MSN chastises the President's retweet of a right-wing activist from the UK. In it, the British PM decries Trump's support for this individual, and even refers to it as "the darkest day of his presidency."

Well Brits, here are a few things you need to know:

Now perhaps the most surprising element of this spectacle isn't that the president amplified the tweets of a woman who has been fined for hate speech - but that those tweets are still there.

In our country, we're Citizens and not subjects unlike your country. We have something called the Constitution of the United States of America which protects free speech (including hate speech). Therefore, the fact that he retweeted someone that has been fined by the tyrannical and hysterical British government is meaningless. Such speech is not (nor will it ever be) a crime in these United States, so that point is entirely irrelevant.

Your opinion of our President and culture is equally meaningless. We didn't defeat you twice in battle to have your PM dictating what our people (including our POTUS) can and can not say/support. Maybe you should go back to worrying about your own affairs, and take some cues from the Britain first crowd. You people have allowed your country (admittedly, you're subservient to the crown so you have little choice) to be turned into a police state, where intrusive surveillance and arbitrary punishment for simple acts (like free speech AKA vocalizing your opinion) rules the day. Shameful.

On the bright side, if you all continue ignoring the Britain first crowd the historically unpopular UK PM/government will likely cease to exist. Nationalism is crucial to maintaining one unified national identity. Losing that identity will result in loss of Britain, as you know it. If you think that is "hateful" to some people, then too bad. Hurting feelings is less important than preserving the cultural and societal bonds that hold Western civilization together. Attempting (in futility, of course) to change your national identity to suit any culture other than the British culture is setting your country up for failure.

We in the US are highly nationalistic, and we recognize/advance our exceptionalism whenever possible. I realize it may be more *PC* to bend over backwards for other cultures, but that is a huge mistake - as you may just find your own is no longer recognizeable.

Those who do not want to assimilate into a nation's pre-existing culture and adopt/support/advance its values do not belong in that nation. It has nothing to do with race or religion, and everything to do with the individuals. Why in the heck would you (or us, for that matter) want people coming into our/your country who don't fully support the ideals of said country?

In short, Britain, keep your hate speech nonsense to yourselves. We have no such laws here, since we're a free people blessed with liberty and self-determination. I am sorry you don't have the same rights, but that is no reason to lash out in anger. I am unsure how you do things over there, but here in these United States immigration is not a right - it is a privilege, solely at the discretion of the Executive.

(And yes, this is a rant. Feel free to post your support, some intelligent counter-points or even call me some bad words. It is up to you. I promise not to cry over your "hate speech"
:devil

source article for rant: www.msn.com...

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
WE ARE NOT SUBJECTS

Every time I read this I just take it to mean

“I don’t know anything about the UK”

Why should anyone bother reading anything past your comment about us being subjects when it instantly demonstrates you don’t know what you’re talking about?

I don’t think you Americans realise how stupid and arrogant it makes you look when you spout this rubbish
edit on 1-12-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Who cares what those payed media spits out now a days anyways..

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

WE ARE NOT SUBJECTS

Is that why your government can simply "de-register" any political party it feels threatened by?

In November 2017, it was statutorily deregistered as a party by the Electoral Commission.

Yes. You're not subjects. Your government just controls who can and can not hold office, that certainly sounds like freedom

Here is a test for you: Take some talking points from Britian First and go read them to your local police officer. If they can arrest you for doing so, you aren't free.

How about privacy? Do you enjoy your government giving itself the right to snoop through your private data (data you own and pay for) and then use that same data against you in a domestic criminal trial?

Furthermore, try obtaining cryptographic software that your government didn't create. I bet they wouldn't like (isn't it illegal?) you having data they can't access. They may dislike it so much that you could be arrested for simply refusing to incriminate yourself by giving up the decryption keys. Again, another shining and bright example of freedom, liberty and self-determination eh?
edit on 12/1/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I don't think you understand who Mr. Coin was paraphrasing with that quote. (pssst, it's Americans).

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ok let's do some empty jingoism on your terms since that what you seem to be into. You never defeated us, a combined French and Spanish force did. You tried fighting us alone when you tried to take Canada and we burnt your capital and kicked your asses all the way back down to Florida. You came very late into two World Conflicts when the result was already inevitable and claimed the victory as your own, yet you conveniently forget the last time you tried to fight a war without us, and got your ass handed to you by a bunch of rice farmers.

There you go, we can sprout the same asinine BS because we invented it, and we invented you.
Just to add I think our current UK Government is the worst I have ever seen and I consider President Trump to be what an over liberalised US desperately needs.

edit on 1-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
From the OP:

I am unsure how you do things over there

That's pretty apparent, but thanks for letting us know?

It's okay... let it all out.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I can’t be bothered to address all the false bullsh*t in your post.

Maybe you should go back to worrying about your own affairs.

And yet 99% of your post is you talking absolute nonsense about, what according to your logic, are not your “own affairs”.

Oh... the idea that we “should listen” to Britain First?
Has to be the most uninformed opinion I have ever come across on ATS.

You should probably put your non-existent “exceptionalism” aside for a while and instead push yourself to doing a little bit of research on the many misconceptions you hold in regards to the United Kingdom.

F*ck The Queen & Every Other Royal.
Descend On Parliament And Forcibly Remove Every Single Elected Leader.

When I’m not arrested for this, maybe then you’ll realise that we are not “subjects”.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
At least here in the UK we know to punch Nazis in the face, and not jam our heads up their rectums and say: 'Yes Mr President! You're always so right Mr President!'

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

WE ARE NOT SUBJECTS

Is that why your government can simply "de-register" any political party it feels threatened by?

In November 2017, it was statutorily deregistered as a party by the Electoral Commission.

Yes. You're not subjects. Your government just controls who can and can not hold office, that certainly sounds like freedom

Here is a test for you: Take some talking points from Britian First and go read them to your local police officer. If they can arrest you for doing so, you aren't free.

How about privacy? Do you enjoy your government giving itself the right to snoop through your private data (data you own and pay for) and then use that same data against you in a domestic criminal trial?

Furthermore, try obtaining cryptographic software that your government didn't create. I bet they wouldn't like (isn't it illegal?) you having data they can't access. They may dislike it so much that you could be arrested for simply refusing to incriminate yourself by giving up the decryption keys. Again, another shining and bright example of freedom, liberty and self-determination eh?

What utter rubbish.

Honestly I am actually a little embarrassed for you.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You're commander in douche has every right to act like an irresponsible thicko...

That doesn't mean he shouldact like an irresponsible thicko.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Subjects really? You really need get a grip.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wow. The responses on both sides in this thread sound like you guys think that either country is free. lol There isn't a free country in the world!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Labour MP and key Corbyn ally shares Twitter message telling Rotherham sex abuse victims to ‘shut their mouths for the good of diversity’ - just days after attacking a fellow party member for speaking out over the issue

Maybe they should focus more on internal issues...... Just saying.

link

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wow, subjects get so uppity when you tell them the truth.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Maybe your President (arguably the most powerful man in the world) shouldn't have re-tweeted an ultra right wing nationalist party who are a dying fringe in this country.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Lol... could so easily change that to:

"if nothing else works a totally irresponsible pig-headed
president will see us through"

Just to add... I don't think Trump should apologise... (at least not over twitter, maybe it would be acceptable in one of his long drawn out rants, which is his prefferd means of backtracking on things he regrets saying / doing / promising...)

because by apologizing straight away he looses face... i actually agree with the content of the tweets... and the sentiment he is expressing... just wish he was a bit more aware of who he is retweeting... the problem is he's done it now... and to take it back would make him appear weak in the face of a great enemy... no one who knows the evil of radical islam wants that... except deluded leftists and the islamists themselves...
its just unfortunate he retweeted from that account... if he was really smart he would get someone to reupload them and retweet those tweets... anyway....

if anyone is confused about my position on this... i basically fear that the group he retweeted britain first will get an unnatural boost in popularity and support from overseas... which sucks because this group is really delusional and corrupt.. they deny the holocaust, believe in ethno-states etc.
edit on 1-12-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
WE ARE NOT SUBJECTS

Every time I read this I just take it to mean

“I don’t know anything about the UK”

Why should anyone bother reading anything past your comment about us being subjects when it instantly demonstrates you don’t know what you’re talking about?

I don’t think you Americans realise how stupid and arrogant it makes you look when you spout this rubbish

Post something that we would consider innocuous, but considered hateful by your government.

See what happens. 4,000 people have already been arrested for words on a computer screen. How are you not subjects to the whims of the not-Crown?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

Maybe your President (arguably the most powerful man in the world) shouldn't have re-tweeted an ultra right wing nationalist party who are a dying fringe in this country.

Perhaps....what has given rise to them (B.F.) even in the U.K.? Again, look inward.

Do they have MP's from their Party in power like that Labour MP saying the things Naz did? Have they been suspended for Anti-Semitic remarks? She is an actual elected National Figure.

But it's fine....its your Country.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

what has given rise to them (B.F.) even in the U.K.? Again, look inward

Confusion, corruption, conspiracy, cult egotists... and naivety... i am guessing...

it's not about what has given them rise... actually they are in terminal decline...
it's about who they are and the fact that people outside of the UK might think because trump has retweeted them that they have good politics worth listening to. Extreme nationalism is #ing ugly... sorry but it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join