It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Stray...Meet Bob

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In those pictures he's looking at you like ♥♥♪♪♪You're just too good to be true-ooo, Can't take my eyes off of you-oo.♪♪♪

(So hey lady, do you have a cheeseburger?)

lol. He's a cuteness. (You learn to love the underbites.)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Bob stayed alive as long as he did by rolling in every dead animal he found (which along a river bank is probably quite a few). To predators he probably smells like a cross between a wolverine and a yeti, not something to be messed with. Bob's a survivor.

You might consider taking some clippers to him...though only after you're confident he won't run off. He'll need that coat if he's going to continue on with his journey. If he's decided he's found home than I'd suggest shearing him down. Right now you've got him cut down to his under-coat which will just be a magnet for crap getting in his coat with all the fine fur.

Great job, and nice success story!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus
a reply to: blend57

It was only a joke but if you think about it, if my theory was correct, they couldn't just drop the dog off all full of food and groomed and clean, because then you would assume they were already well cared for by a loving owner, and wouldn't consider keeping them!

God, I hope they wouldn't do that! Sorry I didn't get that it was a joke, but maybe you're right and maybe I'm in denial, lol. And how do you let a dog get in that bad a shape on purpose???? That's not too cool either. Dunno, as I said, it just is what it is, and hopefully it all works out. Thanks for the comments and again, sorry I didn't get the joke.

JimNasium

Does "Bob" have a few rows of teeth? MagWai has 4 rows of teeth and a floating jaw, so the food gets ground up, eating like a shark. 6 toes on the front paws (5 and dew claws) and a tail that goes off at an angle. Bob may also get stinky ears and bad breath due to the Ear, Nose and Throat (brachycephalic- Short snouted dogs get sinus trouble)

I don't know if he has two rows of teeth. But the lil Devil ate up his cage last night (we decided to keep him separated from our dogs overnight). He chewed up the plastic bottom insert into bits. Not just broke it..its been shredded. Now we are all scared to make him angry. Such a little dog should NOT have that kind of power...

originally posted by: calwoodbutcher
Bob is already pretty.

Hopefully is a bit prettier by the end of the day. Still need to finish his beauty treatments. Lol!

My Niece decided she wanted to take him and will be picking him up tomorrow. No one wants to call him Bob except me (he looks like a Bob, I dunno) so he will get his name changed apparently

And so he should be well taken care of. Bob thanks you for recognizing him and noticing his inner beauty! I thank you all for the support as I said in my earlier post. I may take some pics before he goes and post them, I don't know.

Thanks again everyone!
blend

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

You found an Eewok?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You found an Eewok?

Maybe...I dunno, all I know is he chewed through the bottom insert and had managed to move the cage clear across the room to the other side. Shredded it like it was a paper. I should've took a picture honestly.

Bob went home with my sister tonight. She came for a visit and it was love at first sight. She thinks he should be name Thor

My niece gracefully bowed out as soon as my sister threatened her..and Bob...er Thor will be well taken care of either way. She already has his groomer appointment set up and is planning his vet visits..talked about him needing braces. Roflmao.

Thanks to all who followed the saga. I know Bob appreciates you caring enough to tag along on his journey to find a home...

blend

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
God bless you for your kind heart, and I am so glad Bob found his way to you. I too wonder all the time how animals came to be where we find them, I also wonder if maybe we humans are divided into two different subsets: those who can abandon an animal they no longer want, and those who could not, sort of along those lines. I certainly feel miles apart from the other mentality, and it grieves me that it exists at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You found an Eewok?

Bob went home with my sister tonight. She came for a visit and it was love at first sight. She thinks he should be name Thor

blend

Oh I love that! When I went to the home where my first griffy (or he's probably affenpinscher) was being fostered, it was love at first sight. I was sitting on the couch and he promptly came over and hooped up into my lap and planted himself there like a little furry sentinel. The couple fostering him were amazed because, they said, they'd never seen him do that. And they were right; I've had him for 8 years now and he doesn't hop into strangers' laps.

It really was love at first sight for us. He's been sitting in my lap for 8 years. I hope that Bob (Thor) will bring your sister as much joy as my little guy has brought me. I am loving the end of this story!! Please give us updates and pictures of this little guy when you have time!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Bob is now...Coal!

He came to visit today and I am puppy sitting. The vet did a more detailed exam and he was severely malnourished. He couldn't chew and was swallowing food whole for a bit..soft food only. She has to wait to get him trimmed. The vet said that that is low priority right now. And he is scheduled to get neutered and also, a nose job. He has trouble breathing. Nothing can be done about his under bite (no braces). You can see (hopefully) that his face has filled out a bit and it isn't as severe now. Still looking like an EwoK though...just a cuter, more healthy version. And he is still a bit stinky..but we are working on that! My sister thinks he may have been living/spent some time in a chicken coop.

At my sisters:

He's hanging out with me right now, laying on the floor beside my feet, just enjoying being a dog. Which is awesome he is so content and seems to be happy enough.

Just an update...as some had asked. Thanks again for caring about Bob (Coal). I think he has finally found a way to live Happily Ever After. And I know he appreciates the support (as do I) given to him by so many kind members. You all are wonderful people!

Thanks,
blend

edit on 11-12-2017 by blend57 because: Always an edit : /

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What a great story with a happy ending , and thanks for posting. I liked Bob , but thinking of that cage Thor might be more suiting.

edit on 11-12-2017 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh Blend, you have such a beautiful soul. I love coming across your rescue threads. I don't know what you do for a living, but did you ever wonder, with all of the animals that find you, when they need help, maybe you should be doing something like this for a living? Not sure what, but something!

Bob is adorable. I thought the same thing as skid. An Ewok!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Bob is lovely - bless his little heart.

We are a magnet for stray cats. We have had 3 just turn up. One must have walked for miles as her paws were red raw and she just came in and went to sleep for two days. Our two other cats (both boys - also strays) didn't mind at all. She was about 2 years old, 18 now and still going but a little bit wonky.

Cats know stuff, I swear. All animals do but cats especially.

Also have rescued ex battery hens. They are in a right old state when you get them but boy do they appreciate their freedom. When you get them sometimes they will try to roost in trees and shrubs rather than go indoors. As they would have never seen a tree in their lives they must have some kind of genetically coded instinct or something.

Recommend British Hen Welfare Trust - they are a charity that has rescued and rehomed over 600,000 hens. Good people, they are. Adopt some ex-batt hens! Only buy free range eggs!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join