It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Bill ?

It's was the GD law.

As quoted.

Yall got absolute nothing burgers on Trump.

Uh, How does this protect him from a possible indictment? It doesn't. How many more indictments have to go out? This is not over, and man if you think trump is clear now, he is not. When he is clear is when the investigation is over.

The very same investigation, the alt right said nothing would come of at all, that it was a "nothing burger", why are there people under arrest? Why is Flynn going to cooperate? Your nothing burger, so far is more of a burger than we can digest. I mean there is like what 10million dollar bail on one of em. Yep nothings going on...da, da, dee, da, da, da..

edit on 1-12-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: face23785

Flynn would not have the authority of the United States. And neither would Trump for that matter. President-elect is technically not an actual position.

That said, like I mentioned I my previous post, no one has ever been convicted for violating the Logan Act. And only two people have ever been indicted over it. So it is technically illegal what Flynn did. But nothing will actually come out of it.

You don't need the authority of the United States to discuss what you're going to do once you do have such authority. Hence why no previous transition team has been charged with violating this law. It would only be a violation if, before Trump was sworn in, he or his team were taking active steps to circumvent Obama policies while Obama was still President.
edit on 1 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

To me, hearing a conservative say the phrase, "nothing burger" is an admission of their fears to how far this will go. They aren't telling YOU it's a nothing burger. They are trying to reassure themselves of that claim.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

To me, hearing a conservative say the phrase, "nothing burger" is an admission of their fears to how far this will go. They aren't telling YOU it's a nothing burger. They are trying to reassure themselves of that claim.

To me this sounds like a cute defense mechanism so you don't have to admit you've been blindly believing in a fairy tale for a year.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Earlier this year: No way Trump had ties to Russia, but if he did throw him in jail!

Now: Who cares if Trump had ties to Russia, every administration does similar things! But Trump is different somehow.

Bunch of hypocrites I tell you. They're so blind to it that they'll never see it though.

The claim was that Trump conspired with Russia to get elected. Not one bit of evidence has ever surfaced to support this claim. What we are talking about now are conversations that took place as part of the transition after Trump won the election.

Do you not see that they're totally different things?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Replace Trump with Obama in this scenario and the tune would be totally different. They wouldn't be making excuses for him or creating false narratives in the hopes they're true, they'd be tying him to the whipping post and asking for his head.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Replace Trump with Obama in this scenario and the tune would be totally different. They wouldn't be making excuses for him or creating false narratives in the hopes they're true, they'd be tying him to the whipping post and asking for his head.

I don't have to do that. I just have to replace Trump with Clinton and look at how history played out over the last 8 years (and even continuing to today).
edit on 1-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Say what you are saying now a few months ago about Trump and they would be outraged you'd be saying it. But now that it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they are ok with it.

The difference a few months can make is amazing.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The only thing Flynn is 'guilty' of is lying.

Which is nothing special compared to the lies of the last year by Trump haters.

So whole lot of nothing between two slices of bullsnip.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

To me this sounds like a cute defense mechanism so you don't have to admit you've been blindly believing in a fairy tale for a year.

Which tells me that you are telling yourself a new lie as I haven't passed any judgement on Trump in this matter one way or the other. I've stated many times on ATS that I'm withholding judgement until after the investigation finishes. I make a point of trying NOT to jump to conclusions about ongoing and developing stories. Which I can't say the same for any smart ass using the phrase "nothing burger".

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Which tells me that you are telling yourself a new lie as I haven't passed any judgement on Trump in this matter one way or the other. I've stated many times on ATS that I'm withholding judgement until after the investigation finishes.

That's interesting equivocation so you don't have to admit you were wrong later, but your posts overall leave a pretty clear impression which outcome you're hoping for. You're gonna be disappointed. Nothing burger is simply a way of saying there's no evidence of collusion, which there isn't. That's a fact.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yeah. I don't like sticking my foot down my throat and making proclamations about the future that I can't support with evidence since the future is unknown and I don't know everything about a situation yet. It's funny (and kind of sad actually) that you think that not jumping to conclusions is a poor reflection of character.

But hey, way to keep justifying your dumb strawman about me. I may have my wishes, but I'm 100% capable of separating my wishes from reality instead of trying to warp reality to reflect my wishes when I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
For those interested in a dose of reality as opposed to more sensationalist media reporting:

1) We already knew Flynn lied to the FBI AND that he met with Kislyak. He was fired for lying about the content of his meeting with Kislyak, not for having the meeting.

2) the meeting with Kislyak was AFTER the election and whether he was ordered to meet with Kislyak or not it's irrelevant as such a meeting is no big deal. In fact Trump himself publicly stated that he would likely reach out to Moscow between the election and inauguration. It is certainly NOT evidence or even related to the ACTUAL accusation that Trump colluded with Russia to swing the election result.

The media are clouding the picture here in order to create a sensational news headline, but just poke a little beneath the surface of their sensation and you quickly realise that we didn't actually learn anything new today.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So Flynn pleading guilty to these events is "the media clouding the issue"? Interesting...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

“It has been extraordinarily painful to endure these many months of false accusations of ‘treason’ and other outrageous acts,” Flynn said in a statement. “Such false accusations are contrary to everything I have ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right.”

So he admitted to lying, but were any meetings actually illegal? I'm a bit baffled by that. I see Trump's lawyer made a statement of he admitted to exactly the same lies he was fired for.

This should be interesting to follow.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So Flynn pleading guilty to these events is "the media clouding the issue"? Interesting...

Yes, because Flynn's admission is to something that has absolutely zero to do with the charge that Trump colluded with Russia to influence the election, yet the media are reporting on it as if Trump is in big trouble.

I would call that clouding the issue...and, yes it is very interesting that they would choose to do so.

edit on 1/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It is certainly NOT evidence or even related to the ACTUAL accusation that Trump colluded with Russia to swing the election result.

Sure the eff isn't.

There were at least four lies about two late-December meetings with Sergey Kislyak, the (now former) Russian Ambassador. The substance of those lies is striking: Flynn had denied to the F.B.I. trying to get Kislyak to take positions, on Russia’s response to sanctions and on a Security Council vote regarding Israeli settlements, that ran counter to the foreign-policy efforts of Barack Obama, who was still President.

www.newyorker.com...

Not a damn thing bout the election but what happened after it.

In fact late december which puts inauguration day a few days away.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yep - he must have been colluding to fix an election that had already happened.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And? Mueller has quite likely came to a plea deal with Flynn for a lesser sentence in exchange for testimony. Writing off Flynn's crimes because we already knew about them is just missing the forest for the trees. Like BIG time. This is textbook law positioning. Something you'd see on Law & Order even.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Shame Comey got fired.

That way he could have said Flynn's comments were just extremely careless and unsophisticated.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join