It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Earlier this year: No way Trump had ties to Russia, but if he did throw him in jail!

Now: Who cares if Trump had ties to Russia, every administration does similar things! But Trump is different somehow.

Bunch of hypocrites I tell you. They're so blind to it that they'll never see it though.

This doesn't even make sense.

If other administrations have done similarly but were not investigated and prosecuted, then Trump should not be held to a different standard.

Or are YOU saying he should? Who is the hypocrite here?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not the way I read it.

.The national interest requires that such transitions in the office of President be accomplished so as to assure continuity in the faithful execution of the laws and in the conduct of the affairs of the Federal Government, both domestic and foreign.

Continuity.

Once the election was over Obama was an empty chair.

Literally.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is a time line revolving around Flynn:

Washington Post

Dec. 1: Flynn and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner meet with Kislyak at Trump Tower. In communications intercepted by American intelligence agencies, Kislyak later tells Moscow that Kushner advocated a private communications channel between Trump’s team and the Kremlin.

This is one of those things that I don't believe have been thoroughly explained. Why would the Trump admin attempt to setup a back channel communication with Russia using Russian only tech.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not the way I read it.

.The national interest requires that such transitions in the office of President be accomplished so as to assure continuity in the faithful execution of the laws and in the conduct of the affairs of the Federal Government, both domestic and foreign.

Continuity.

Once the election was over Obama was an empty chair.

Literally.

You can believe whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true. Obama was the President until January 20th. That means if an international crisis happened between November and the end of January, Obama would handle it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Obama handle a international crisis ?

Like Syria,Ukraine,and sending American troops to fight ebola ?

WHAT A GD joke.

Outgoing presidents are lame ducks.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm only saying what many have said in this thread. "It's normal to be in contact with foreign governments before the election." Do keep up.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You are welcome to have whatever opinion you please about how he would have handled the event, but the facts are the facts. He was the President up until January 20th, so anything requiring the President's opinion or authorization went through him. Though I'd suggest not interjecting your personal feelings into a discussion about facts, but I know you won't listen to that advice.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Like I said, there would be debate and it would be up to the court to interpret the exact meaning.

If Trump and his team had met with foreign governments so they could establish a dialogue that would've been fine. Negotiating foreign policy infringes upon the duties of the sitting administration.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Earlier this year: No way Trump had ties to Russia, but if he did throw him in jail!

Now: Who cares if Trump had ties to Russia, every administration does similar things! But Trump is different somehow.

Bunch of hypocrites I tell you. They're so blind to it that they'll never see it though.

The lot of them who support trump are. Someone should pull up posts from members saying No way trump has ties. On and on they went, now suddenly they dismiss it. So typical. Its always but, Clinton.

It goes to show you, its not the liberals, but the law in this nation, who get the final say. Its not the liberals fault people around trump are dropping like flies. None of us forced Flynn to lie more than once.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So you're saying that Obama was overstepping his bounds when he levied new sanctions against Russia and ejected their diplomats?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well thanks to K I am free to have any opinion I want.

Not that I really need permission for it.

Trump haters are full of Horse snip.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Named for a previous Democratic senator from Delaware and a holder of two Cabinet posts under President George W. Bush,the law requires that a White House-led senior-level interagency transition council be in place at least six months before Election Day, and that a standing, working-level interagency group develop an integrated strategy for transitions.

Obama signs bipartisan smooth transition law

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Continued.

Stier called the changeover “a time of great vulnerability for our country, with immense implications for national security, the economy and our nation as a whole. Even during this raucous primary season, the presidential candidates must start planning now for the transfer of power,” he added, calling on all presidential candidates still in the race at the end of March to “designate a transition chairman by the first week of April and prepare to take full advantage of this important legislation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Whatever you think that bill proves, it doesn't prove that Obama wasn't the President from November to January.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm only saying what many have said in this thread. "It's normal to be in contact with foreign governments before the election." Do keep up.

"Saying," as in merely "repeating" that sentiment...or are you "agreeing" with it? I'd take all the blame for misunderstanding you, if I thought you had communicated your position clearly.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Bill ?

It's was the GD law.

As quoted.

Yall got absolute nothing burgers on Trump.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Semantics. It still doesn't prove that Obama wasn't the President.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump played it good by elevating Flynn into a high profile position.

For it was said , verily he could do no wrong.
So endeth the lesson.

Great comment for an out-of-context quote !!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Obama handle a international crisis ?

Like Syria,Ukraine,and sending American troops to fight ebola ?

WHAT A GD joke.

Outgoing presidents are lame ducks.

Obama supporters blamed Bush
Trump supporters blame Obama

Hmm. I thought this thread was about someone else, not Obama.

Funny how that works

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Funny indeed.

Because I was talking about a LAW.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So let me get this right, you assume that since I denounce Trump for doing it that automatically means I support Obama doing it? Pretty dumb logic. Obviously if I don't agree with Trump doing it that means I also don't agree with Obama doing it.

But please, keep showing us how similar the two are, it only goes to show that Trump is no different than any other politician.

Not assuming anything...Just pointing out that it was actually the prior administration and it just happened to finalized on Trumps watch where your post suggested Trump did it all.

Obama was Bush 2.0...Trump is a long way from either good or bad.

edit on 1-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join