It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: neo96

Lol. Whatever you say, buddy. HAHAHA

I bet your next post goes something like this, ks: I don't need someone like you talking to me like that, I'm done with this thread because I'm so much smarter then all of you because I show facts that support my side and blah blah blah, this thread is stupid anyway, I'm out!

Sound about right?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How could anyone even believe that nonsense ?

Seriously ?

After months of trying to sabotage Trump.

Obama suddenly wanted to play 'nice'!

I guess those that were born last nite would buy that snip.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It's so nice that you are so enamored with me that you will derail a thread to talk about me, but you should probably stick with the topic's line of conversation and not talk about me.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Except it technically is illegal. If Flynn discussed national policy with a foreign government before Trump took office he is in violation of the Logan Act. Nobody has ever been convicted of such but, like I said, still technically illegal.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Everything I'm seeing here is saying that the talks happened in December when Trump was already president-elect.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: thesaneone

It's so nice that you are so enamored with me that you will derail a thread to talk about me, but you should probably stick with the topic's line of conversation and not talk about me.

Oh do you mean like this ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just like you can set your clock by the changing seasons. You can also be assured that Xuen will tell us that Democrats are on the cusp of being indicted or arrested no matter what is going on in the news.

Pot calling the kettle.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: MysticPearl

Except it technically is illegal. If Flynn discussed national policy with a foreign government before Trump took office he is in violation of the Logan Act. Nobody has ever been convicted of such but, like I said, still technically illegal.

No. The applicable law:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

An incoming administration is well within it's rights to discuss with a foreign government what policy they will pursue once they take over office. Literally every incoming administration does this.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The funniest thing is liberals thinking reaching out to foreign countries is illegal.

Contacting the Russians is no different than contacting Canada, or China, or Brasil.

Or meeting privately with Merkel behind closed doors, then giving a Woodstock 2008 style campaign speech in Berlin to legions of adoring press...like candidate Obama did in June 2008.

Imagine if Trump had gone to Russia and done that while campaigning.

I remember all the Obots overrunning the internet and parroting a wild devotion to Obama. Even back then, a lot of people knew they were *fake.* I don't recall a special prosecutor investigating any possible foreign influence though or exposing all the fakery.

There's so much cherry-picking in the execution of the U.S. justice system -- from investigating, to the judiciary, to the oversight. It's serves more as a convenient tool/weapon than a genuine avenue of carrying out justice.

edit on 12/1/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's serves more as a convenient tool/weapon than a genuine avenue of carrying out justice

That is how it is currently being used.

All over these days from the Trump witch hunt to acquittals of illegal immigrants guilty of murder.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Flynn would not have the authority of the United States. And neither would Trump for that matter. President-elect is technically not an actual position.

That said, like I mentioned I my previous post, no one has ever been convicted for violating the Logan Act. And only two people have ever been indicted over it. So it is technically illegal what Flynn did. But nothing will actually come out of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump played it good by elevating Flynn into a high profile position.

For it was said , verily he could do no wrong.
So endeth the lesson.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
An incoming administration is well within it's rights to discuss with a foreign government what policy they will pursue once they take over office.

it's not though

Literally every incoming administration does this.

oh really?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
"An incoming administration is well within it's rights to discuss with a foreign government what policy they will pursue once they take over office."

it's not though

"Literally every incoming administration does this."

oh really?

Seriously...what the heck? This is what was reported about then-CANDIDATE Obama when he met with Merkel, in June 2008:

But the conservative Merkel, who grew up in the Communist East, has worked hard to repair ties and emerged as one of President George W. Bush's closest allies in Europe.

She said on the eve of Obama's visit that she expected to discuss NATO cooperation, climate change and trade issues with the Illinois senator.

They were also expected to discuss Afghanistan and Iraq, the countries where Obama started his overseas tour. In Kabul on Sunday, Obama described the situation in Afghanistan as precarious and urgent.

He and McCain have both said that Europe must step up its efforts in Afghanistan, but Merkel told reporters on Wednesday that she would tell Obama there were limits to what Germany could do.

Link

And you are bothered by a President-elect talking about policy with foreign leaders???
edit on 12/1/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

But the president elect does have the authority granted by the Transition act.

he Congress declares it to be the purpose of the Act to promote the orderly transfer of the executive power in connection with the expiration of the term of office of a President and the inauguration of a new President.The national interest requires that such transitions in the office of President be accomplished so as to assure continuity in the faithful execution of the laws and in the conduct of the affairs of the Federal Government, both domestic and foreign. Any disruption occasioned by the transfer of the executive power could produce results detrimental to the safety and well-being of the United States and its people. Accordingly, it is the intent of the Congress that appropriate actions be authorized and taken to avoid or minimize any disruption. In addition to the specific provisions contained in this Act directed toward that purpose, it is the intent of the Congress that all officers of the Government so conduct the affairs of the Government for which the exercise responsibility and authority as (1) to be mindful of problems occasioned by transitions in the office of President, (2) to take appropriate lawful steps to avoid or minimize disruptions that might be occasioned by the transfer of the executive power, and (3) otherwise to promote orderly transitions in the office of President.

www.gsa.gov...

link   

edit on 1-12-2017 by neo96 because: double post

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So hire them! Great logic there. It's like hiring a criminal knowing they are thieves and hoping they steal from you so you can just fire them. Great business tactic, every company should do that.
edit on 12/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The minimizing and rationalizing in this thread is funny. trump, has been lying from the start, and he has been caught lying himself about Russia more than once. Starting with the fact he had never met Putin, until after being POTUS. That was from the get go, he was lying. I am not saying anything happened the first time they met, I am just pointing out the fact, trump doesn't want to make it known. You cant tell me, he doesn't remember ever meeting Putin, that is a big deal, not something you would just forget.

Of coarse, maybe when he met Putin, trump was talking about himself and did not even notice it was Putin. I guess that is a possibility.

edit on 1-12-2017 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 1-12-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Earlier this year: No way Trump had ties to Russia, but if he did throw him in jail!

Now: Who cares if Trump had ties to Russia, every administration does similar things! But Trump is different somehow.

Bunch of hypocrites I tell you. They're so blind to it that they'll never see it though.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So hire them! Great logic there. It's like hiring a criminal knowing they are thieves and hoping they steal from you so you can just fire them. Great business tactic, every company should do that.

In the case of Flynn, I think Trump dismissed Obama's warnings about him because Obama and Flynn had significant policy differences and Trump probably assumed Obama's issue with him was mostly personal.

If the Obama administration had done their job and revoked his security clearance over his foreign dealings that, turns out, were illegal, Trump may have took the warning more seriously.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think if the issue was pressed and it actually went to court there would be serious debate over the interpretation of that law. The way I read it means that no one can do anything to hinder the transfer of power. That doesn't mean that the President-elect and his team can negotiate foreign policy. That is still the job of the President.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join